Thursday, June 28, 2007

'The Early Show' Exposes New 'Big Brother 8' Houseguests

Can you feel the tension building? Julie Chen, affectionately known as The Chenbot, introduced the houseguests this morning on The Early Show. Well, all but one, that is. For some odd reason not known to me, the houseguest listed as Carol, age 21, a student from Lawrence, Kansas, wasn't featured at all on today's show.

You can watch the video on today's Early Show segment here -- you'll need to play in either Windows Media Player or through your RealPlayer.

Here's what they look like, what they had to say about themselves on the sh
ow, and whatever else I could dig up about them as I write this:


Amber is a 27-year-old cocktail waitress at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. She says she can "weasel her way with anybody" but that she's charming and she'll weasel them without them knowing it.

At this time, I can't find a last name on her, nor any other information.

My first impression was that she briefly reminded me of a younger Jerri Manthey from Survivor: Australia.


Hey... 20 years old? The minimum age is supposed to be 21. So I can only guess that Daniele is in the show as part of the "enemies" twist.

She's a server at Hooters. 'Nuff said.

Daniele is from Huntington Beach, California. She's single.

Um... not sure what to say about her, so I'll move along to the next houseguest.

Dick, age 44, is from Los Angeles and is currently a bar manager. In his clip he said he's run both bars and nightclubs and that he might win because "manipulating girls is a way of life" for him.

Okay. Why am I thinking middle-aged dude reliving the glory days? He thinks he's a wild and crazy guy, for sure. He's the oldest one of the mostly-twenties cast. I think his persona could very well put a target on his back. But I could be wrong.

Dustin is a salesman from Chicago. He thinks he can sell himself to complete strangers and that's his plan to win.

In light of the "enemies/bullies" twist, we should note that both Dustin and Joe are only a year apart in age and both are from Chicago. Joe (scroll down) claimed gay in his clips while Dustin sets off my gaydar although he didn't mention his sexual orientation.

I don't have a last name on him at this time.

Eric is a talent management assistant from New York City, New York.

He thinks he has charisma which will have folks rallying around him... then he'll cut their throats. Eep, bad memories of Justin Sebik from BB2 shot through my mind! I don't think he's Justin-like, though. He seems to have a bit of a mind and didn't come across as a thug.

Yet again, I have no last name on him at this time. Next?

Jameka is the sole person of color in this year's cast. What's going to make it even tougher for her has to do with what she said about herself in her clip this morning.

"I've been around only black people for 99% of my life." Uh-oh, culture shock time, I guess!

She's a 28-year-old school counselor hailing from Temple Hills, Maryland.

Jen is the type of gal who wears a t-shirt with her name upon it. In her clip she said she's a bikini model and a computer nerd. She's single.

I found a last name on her -- she's Jen Johnson. She's a model and has lots of small TV parts listed in her resume.

But I can't help but think she better not wear her name on her chest all season. After a week or so, I'll remember their names. I don't need the reminder, thank you.

Jessica, from Haysville, Kansas, is a college student. In her clip she said she thinks she's smart and competitive. She's loyal unless she's backstabbed, then beware!

Just judging from her clip this morning, I think she's the one whose voice will pierce through my head forcing me to turn down the volume on the feeds in the middle of the night. Not quite as bad as Holly's voice, I think if she shrieks a lot, we're in trouble.

She's another houseguest without a last name right now.

Then there's Joe from Chicago. According to Allison Grodner (Executive Producer), he's 6'4" and "over the top."
"What's gay and has two thumbs?"

Well, gee... could it be Joe? In his clip, he had some concern about the bully angle. I think he may have bullied, but I don't know for sure. Remember, he's the one I'm tying in with Dustin (above). He's a receptionist and he's single.

Kail probably usually has her eyes open. But seeing what she's about to do... maybe it's best she goes in with them closed.

Kail Harbick is a conservative Republican from McKenzie Bridge, Oregon. She's the only married houseguest and is also a mother, a broker, and restaurant owner.

This could be interesting, eh?


Next up is Mike Dutz who just happens to have a MySpace page. While he claims to be a 26-year-old single painting contractor from Three Lakes, Wisconsin... this MeetUp page claims differently. He lives in Placentia, California and he's a model.

Oh, he mentions the painting contractor and Wisconsin bit on the MySpace page, but I think the model work is what he wants to do. He's appeared on the show Gay, Straight or Taken, amongst other ventures. In his clip this morning, he didn't say much other than "I'm a painting contractor."

Nick Starcevic was captured in a timeline of football pictures on this JokersUpdates post.

He thinks he's good-looking and will charm the ladies. He obviously likes to show his muscles.

He's single, 25, and comes to us from Kimball, Minnesota. Although preliminary information had him as a former pro football player, it seems that should be college level.


Zach is a bit quiet. In his clip he said he was an alumni of Florida State and gave a "Go Seminoles."

He's a 30-year-old single graphic designer from Burbank, California.

I guess he's a man of mystery.

For now, at least.

The real person of mystery is Carol, age 21, a single student from Lawrence, Kansas. They may have flashed some images of her in the segment this morning, but they didn't talk with (or about) her at all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jackie, you rock!

Maybe the missing Carol is the first casuality/drop-out? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think you said they go into the house this weekend, but the feeds don't go live until after the first show, right?

Jackie S. said...

I think Monday might be the earliest they'll go in the house since the show doesn't start until Thursday this season.

The feeds go live after the first show, yes.

LYSS said...

Can i be the 1st to say, going by pic's and short bio's here only...this looks like a real cast of winners..(note the sarcasm???) I hope they are better in tv..

I do like that we get more involved this yr..that'll be cool..

can't wait..
lyss

Anonymous said...

Three Lakes, WI is only about an hour from me. I hope Mike doesn't end up being a jerk. I'd like to root for the local boy :)

Anonymous said...

a fellow cheese head on the show...yeah...he'll probably end up being a jerk! I can't help but think that a lot of these people fit the profiles of past house guest, waitress, bar owner, etc.
I hope their more exciting than they appear! The bullying should prove interesting, those feels run deep and can be explosive.

BBLeesa said...

It looks like Danielle IS a part of the twist...I read that she could be Dicks daughter. ESTRANGED Daughter. We'll see

Anonymous said...

Ugh..this is staring to look like the real world now. Getting nothing but a bunch of young good looking people. I'm sorry but I'm a married women and my husband and I love to watch this show but I'm not going to sit watch this crap if it's nothing but hooter looking girls walking around half dressed while the women get somewhat good looking men to look at. Call me a little bit jealous but I don't feel like my husband should get a peep show for free 3 nights a week..lol.

Anonymous said...

I hope this season turns out better than it sounds so far. I can't see these people liking the fairy-tale setting so much unless the girls are spoiled little airheads who think it's oh-so cute! This "old enemy" thing sounds like a lot of arguments to me. Well., guess we have to wait and see.

Anonymous said...

WHOOHOO Jackie!!!!!
I have to come out of the woodwork for BB8. LOL Guess all my important obligations will have to be put on the back burner soon.
I'm sure the blog will be buzzing.
Jackie, are you ready for sleep deprivation? How's that new camera for taking TV screen shots?
Thanks for all the info and links you are always so kind to provide.
Eagerly awaiting your @@. :D

Wishing all of you a happy and safe 4th of July...in case I don't get a chance to post before the holiday.

See you all soon! :)
Zoetawny~
xoxo

Adam said...

Starcevic is one hell of a neat kid.

Adam said...

Go Nick!!! Do one of those Hot chicks buddy.

Anonymous said...

FYI, Nick played Pro-Football overseas.