Monday, June 11, 2007

The Latest 'Big Brother 8' News and Rumors (More Rumors)

Jackie's TV Blog, BB8, Big Brother 8

Lots of news, although there are a lot of rumors, too!


Our friends over at Buddy TV have an interesting article posted today. I urge you to check out the whole thing (and tell them I sent you), but here's the rough skinny...

While I'll have the live feeds and be feeding you with reports at least three times a day, some of you might be able to watch the uncensored action yourselves! Well, except when they sing. Or talk about someone who hasn't signed a release. Or stuff like that. Oh, and it's only for three hours each night. Oh, and it will be only one feed, not multiple cameras. Oh... and it's going to be on the premium cable station ShoToo, the sister station of Showtime. Heck, unless you already have the station, it may be cheaper just getting the feeds and having them season-through, 24/7. The three-hour live show dubbed Big Brother: After Dark premieres on July 5. It will air starting at 9 PM ET/12 AM PT.

The Jokers site has an article about this new news, too. They also mention (although I knew it and you probably guessed it) that RealNetworks will be offering the live feeds once again. They have the two week trial listed this year, but don't go for it until the season starts. I have my SuperPass and have been checking for news on that front. They have a teaser, but no news, per se. The CBS Internet talk show Housecalls will be returning with Gretchen Massey, but no mention of Marcellas Reynolds.

Rumors are still coming through several grapevines that there will be a "high school bully" theme this season. Various folks claiming to have been turned down by casting are posting throughout the web that they were asked many, many questions about their high school days. Plus, the quote on a recent TV promo for the season from Janelle could be linked to such a theme. But there's nothing concrete. So, for right now, that's all rumors, perhaps foilers.

5 comments:

dla said...

Thank you for the update, Jackie!!

I need to call my cable provider to see if I get ShoToo... I have never heard of it, but that does not mean much! The live late night peaks sound intriguing! :)

I cannot wait for it to begin, and, like Delee mentioned, I am excited for the @@ !!! That always makes my day!

Not intriguing, however, is this high school bully theme. I sure hope that is not the case. Yuk!

Deanna said...

Maybe like the "Ex's" season, they'll have a Bully and the one picked on as adults for us to see how they will interact as adults??? I think if they do, we may see some that have grown up and out of their bulliness, but Im sure we will find ourselves rooting for the ones picked on to win it all....

That is only if it is a "Bully themed season"...lol! I too am hoping not. I prefer a less themed season w/ just regular people and maybe a few twists. Didnt like some of the twists of last season. Didnt care for the "Over throwing the HOH thingy"... :)

Sydney said...

I agree dla, not looking forward to the HS bully theme, though the way deanna put it, maybe it would not be too bad to see some people ar enot as grown ups or maybe would heal things. But TV wants drama, so they would be sure to add someone who hasn't learned a thing and will make waves. Not so interested in seeing that.

If they pick interesting, competitive people, and make interesting competitions with good rewards and concequences, then we don't need a THEME.

Anonymous said...

Agree with all three of you... don't need a theme... let's just get this show going.

Anybody watching Standoff! It's right up there with some of the best!

Anonymous said...

I was casting reject who made the semi's. I can confirm that I WAS asked specifically if I was bullied in high school.