Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Live Blogging - 'On the Lot' - June 12, 2007

Tonight's guest judge is David Frankel who's accompanying Garry Marshall and Carrie Fisher. This entry will be updated throughout the airing of the show here on the East Coast. Comments welcome!

One of the five whose films aired last week will be sent packing. Adam is safe, Shaline is safe. Sam is safe. It's down to Trever and Hilary. (I didn't like Hilary's film.) The announcement will be made at the end of the show.

Andrew's film is up. He was the barfing aliens guy. His film is "Polished." Looks like we have a proud janitor. Uh-oh... a spill! Aw, poor janitor dude. He may as well be invisible to the office staff. The messy office staff, that is. Super wax! Buff, butt. Uh-oh. He seems delirious with power. He hangs a free burgers at noon sign up and everyone runs... and they're sliders! No, not White Castle... the staff is all sliding right on by. He's now a happy guy.

Carrie - Vengeance is for the people without patience for karma. Good. David doesn't think it's the best film he's ever done... a bit slow. Garry thinks revenge works. "Polished" was quite polished according to Garry.

The next film is coming from David. "Love at First Shot" is his film. It's about a guy who's uncomfortable with girls. Okay, a geeky guy talking about space and wormholes on a date. He's kind of cute, though! A cell phone call from a guy who claims love is war and thinks he's needed. Oh, it's Cupid! The arrow keeps missing. Taking a waiter's clothes, he tries to get close to the table. Cupid is getting frustrated - "Let her talk for a minute." "What do you love?" It works! Cupid is no longer needed. A very cute film.

Carrie thinks it's derivative. David thinks it didn't come out right... mixed genres, ambiguity is the enemy of comedy. Garry thinks it wasn't paced right. He thought it was beautiful to look at. Huh. I liked it better than they did!

The third film of the night is from Shira-Lee. Her son is in her cast. What a cutie! The film, "Beeline," is about a single mom getting back into the dating world. It seems she's been just a bit busy as she arranges cover stories with her beaus to shield her son from knowing about her sexual escapades. Heh... the kid seemed to have it all planned so he'd get a PlayStation 3.

Carrie thinks it can be called "Slut Mom." Good, not great. David said it made him laugh. He liked it. Best so far. Garry thought the kid shouldn't smile while acting. Good one for the girls! Excellent job.

Marty is up next - he's the one who made a trailer instead of a film before. His film is "Dance With the Devil." Marty exudes confidence and thinks he's heads above the rest. I'm not understanding it so far. Green tint, woman and man. Then she's ill. Then she's not. She trusts him. I'm very confused. And, did I mention it's all in a green tint? The guy gets money hidden in a cabinet while men hold his girl hostage. They shoot her. "Was it worth it? You don't dance with the devil if you can't stand the heat."

Carrie thinks it's a victory of style over substance. Very distracting. Marty's defensive. OHH... "You're a big fan of yourself so maybe you don't need me," from Carrie. David said the film played more like his trailer and he liked the previous trailer more. Garry said it worked for him. Go deeper into the characters. I tend to agree with Carrie.

Kenny of "Whack Alley Cab" fame is up next. He seemed reluctant when they earlier asked who wanted to go up against the filmakers already on tonight. His film is "Edge on the End" - a film about a kid whose father died of alcoholism. Okay, Dad is definitely dead. Suspense music to rock. The kid is stumbling, climbing in snow. Narrated oddly. Various effects. The kid drinks, then drives, This is reminding me of an acid trip back in the sixties or something. Lesson learned? He throws out the bottle, two roses and flashes betwixt Dad and Son.

Carrie thinks it was stylistically distracting. She thinks he's cute. David admired the ambition and powerful imagery. Both Carrie and David think it's more of a music video. Garry says he "has new eyes." Stay unique and stay crazy. Carrie thinks the host has a crush on Kenny. I think the host's dress couldn't be cut any lower.

Final vote on last week... right after the break.

Yikes... Hilary is safe and Trever is going home. I honestly thought Hiary would be the one to go.

The voting is on. I liked "Polished" and "Beeline" the best. Your favorite? Who do you think will go home next week? My thoughts would be either Marty or Kenny will go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found this...
Start cracking and spreading the word, all you "Jericho" nuts: You favorite series returns to the CBS lineup July 6.

I think it will start with the pilot and run this seasons episodes.

Anonymous said...

I might try On The Lot tonight for the first time. Mostly I'm looking forward to My Life on the D-List and part six of From The Earth to The Moon on the Science channel.

Anybody see Big love last night? I thought there was going to be a lot more uproar when they got outed. I thought people would be picketing their homes and stores and they were all going to be on the verge of breaking up or something. Instead the only people worked up were Barb and that creepy red-haired stalker lady from Home Plus. The "Luau" with the neighbors was a hoot.

Anonymous said...

Lili, I thought I taped it Mon eve and somehow got something else. It is on tonight so I will watch and then comment.

Started to watch The Lot and a storm blew in and luckily a top of a huge wind row maple broke off away from the house but on the road so I was outside trying to figure out what to do with it. I did see Polished and Love at 1st Shot. Liked the 1st one.

Top Chef starts on Bravo tonight at 10p. Big Love repeats at 830p on HBO.

Sydney said...

They are rerunning the first season Friday Night Lights on Sunday night I assume in an attempt to get the audience interest up with a new crop of people... Guess they are doing the same with Jericho. I'm not a fan but my husdand is, so I watch it with him.

Tried to catch On the Lot for the first time last night. I signed on to Jackie's live blogging and figured I'd give it a try, and just caught the hostess shoulder to shoulder with the handsome contestant, getting teased by Carrie. YES Jackie, the lowest neckline on that dress!

Then watched Deadliest Catch.

I tried watching about 7 eps of big Love and after the first 3 shows it was a struggle to stay interested. Not sure why.

Delee --Glad the tree didn't fall on the house. Did someone come clear it away? Missed Top Chef... will program it and On the Lot in to Tivo. I feel off kilter in this netherwrold between shows. Guess once Rescue Me starts tonight and BB in a few weeks I will feel settled again.

Heard Dexter is not going to start up til the Fall. Have to wait for that and Nip Tuck I guess!

Anonymous said...

I am a farm girl, Sharon ! I got out my chainsaw and had at it. Lucky for me the city does leaf and branch pickups. Not much I can not do. Comes in handy and saves $$$.