Thursday, June 28, 2007

'So You Think You Can Dance' Results Show - East Coast Update - 6/28/07

Keep returning to this entry -- I'll be updating it throughout the show.

They opened with an African group dance. I couldn't help but notice Cedric was a bit out of step.

Lauren and Neil and Lacey and Kameron were brought to the stage first. Lacey and Kameron are safe; Lauren and Neil are in the bottom three couples and will have to dance for their lives.

Jaimee and Hok are safe. Sabra and Dominic and Jesus and Sara are awaiting their fates. Sabra and Dominic are safe. Jesus and Sara are in the bottom three.

Jessi has been cleared by the doctors and will automatically dance for her life. Jessi and Pasha are performing the cha-cha we missed out on last night. Nice! It turns out that she was very dehydrated and it threw her EKG results off. Pasha himself is safe!

Shauna and Cedric and Anya and Danny are on stage now. One of the couples will be in the bottom three.

Say what? Shauna and Cedric are safe. Anya and Danny are in the bottom three couples and must dance for their lives. "What an interesting night tonight. Five million people voted and five million got it wrong," says Nigel.

Lauren is dancing her solo. A strip act? (Covering my eyes.) Huh. I'm not overly impressed. Neil is doing ballet/acrobatics. A lot of energy, I'll say. Sara is up doing freestyle breaking. Jesus now dancing to The Romantics "What I like About You." A good job.

Jessi is up now - a robot/hip-hop mix. Well done! Now Danny is up making Neil's leaps look like an amateur. I think he's great! Anya is up, love the colors on her costume. I think she did well.

My guess right now, GUESS, would be Neil and Lauren leaving. But that's purely my personal guess as right now Fergie and Ludacris are singing "Glamorous."

The judges are up now. They aren't unanimous according to Nigel. He said none of them did well enough. Jessi is going home. Aw, she's really sweet on Pasha.

Now it's to the guys... Neil, Danny, and Jesus. The decision is unanimous according to Nigel. Neil was outstanding, so was Danny. Jesus has been outstanding all season, but because of the other two guys tonight... Jesus is going home.

Bye-bye Jesus and Jessi... and, boy, my guess was off, eh?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, my guess on who's leaving:

Neil and
Lauren or Jessi

Cedric = Sanjaya (grr..)

Now I'm kinda rooting for Jessi, but I hope she does something more interesting than pull her dress over her head (like last week)!

Jackie S. said...

Nei;s solo came across as a bit frantic to me. I think it will be him going home, too.

It should have been Cedric.

Anonymous said...

Can't they find a better place for the "jidges" to deliberate than at the bottom of the backstage prop..er, staircase?

Fergi was great! Love to hear singers actually sing (not lip-sync).

Jackie S. said...

I think not only did she really sing, but she looked exceptionally pretty tonight, too.

Anonymous said...

Well, another very disappointing results show. And I forgot next Weds is a holiday, so not back for 2 weeks.

Pasha and Sara, can't picture it in my head. But hope they do great, cause I really love Pasha.

I feel like I'm watching a different show than the "jidges." They missed the opportunity to cut Cedric last week. Now the crazy sympathy vote could keep him around for a looong time. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Cedric is safe either and, I also thought Lauren would go before Jessi. Very disappointing! Cedric is just so one-dimensional. I know Jessi's dance with Pasha didn't count but I thought they did a wonderful job of it. I'm glad Pasha is safe too, but it's a shame about Jessi. Anon - 10:05 is right about the sympathy vote for Cedric, I think we're stuck with him for awhile. Jesus was better than him. All the guys are better than him.

dla said...

Hi everyone!

Well, that was a show that had me shaking my head in disbelief!

When they said Cedric was safe, I nearly fell out. I think Danny nearly fell out, too. :)

I would have predicted Lauren / Jesus, based ONLY on tonight's dance for your life solos. I did not see Jessi leaving at all.

Anon 9:36, I think you may have hit the nail on the head with
Cedric = Sanjaya!! Ugh.

I think he is setting a terrific example for kids out there, but he should be at Debbie Allen's School of Dance, vs. still on the show.

And, Anon 9:53, I also agree that it is a mystery why they are at the bottom of "stairs"! Why do they take their drinks to the bottom of stairs to deliberate????

One of those things that makes me go hmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I had to check this blog to find out who got eliminated last night. I dozed off during Fergie and Ludicrous. Zzzzzzzzz. Got to remember to watch this show from somewhere other than bed.

Anonymous said...

Boy,how disappointing was that last night! Cedric gets to stay and Jesus is gone!! Just not right!! I thought it was kind of a cheap shot that they let Cedric go on and on and make his little speeches on the Wed show too! Sure,get the whole place feeling sorry for you and they'll over look your poor dance skills. He should be looking up Miss Debbie now,not dancing for another week!

And why was Jessi the girl to go??? Based on the solo dances,it should have been Jesus and LAUREN! I was shocked at how poor and lacking in moves her solos was! And the other three were dynamite! I think the judges were afraid Jessi might have another episode and so....! I am having a hard time picturing Pasha and Sara too! She's a hard worker,but I'm not a big hip hop fan to begin with. I HOPE the next time Cedric lands in the bottom,they send him HOME!!!

Anonymous said...

I am back...sure missed a lot and need to read read read and catch up with everything.

I was SHOCKED that Jessi was left go....and the judges vote was 2-1 for the girls...HUH!!!

Fergie's yellow pants left nothing to the imagination, by the way...I hate yellow. IMAO

Anonymous said...

Melanie,Pasha's "stand in" was on a rerun of "What Not to Wear" today at noon. I knew I had seen her there before and then she pops up on it today! Her problem...all she wore was black and her reason,when she stopped competitive dancing and opened her own studio,she put on weight and didn't feel "sexy" any more. She still was plenty sexy and they decked her out in great colors that set off that red hair of hers.Tony Meredith was one of the people who turned her in to WNTW!!

Anonymous said...

Sharon: Sorry I missed that! Just curious...did they mention if she and Tony are still married?

Still surprised that they referred to her only as Tony's "assistant" on SYTYCD twice now.

Anonymous said...

At least Fergie's pants were dry! Maybe THAT'S why she wore yellow? God, she is beautiful though.

Anonymous said...

I'll definately miss Jesus & that bid smile of his.

Anonymous said...

hey, does anyone no where the sweater neil was wearing is from? thax