Tuesday, June 26, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jackie's TV Newsy Bits Okay, it's official. I've given up on On the Lot. I still haven't watched last week's show I taped and didn't bother taping it this week.

I've gotten myself hooked on America's Got Talent. Tonight was the NYC auditions and there were some great ones! My personal favorite was a rabbit who took over the act from his handler. And, shocking as it is, I actually know one of the acts who appeared this evening.

Well, I don't really know him, per se. He's a street performer I've seen around the fountain at the 72nd Street entrance of Central Park for years now. I used to go to the Skate Circle nearby (Central Park Skate Dancers - check out the video, then you know why my knees are shot now) and he was there more often than not. I'm talking Thoth... the dude in Native American garb with the odd opera and violin. And, yes. He's that weird... um... unusual, unique. If you're in Central Park on a weekend, walk on by Thoth and follow the music to the Skate Circle. You'll be entertained very well there. If you skate, bring your skates - inline or old school. It's all free.

In other real TV Newsy Bits:

  • I have watched my screener of Saving Grace due to premiere on TNT in just a few weeks. I'm suitably impressed and will be writing more about the show soon. But I received a press release from TNT today - the premiere date for Saving Grace has been changed from July 18 to July 23. It will be following The Closer on Monday evenings at 10 PM ET/PT. Heartland will be seen for the next three weeks following The Closer, then will move to Thursday evenings. I personally think it's a good move. Saving Grace is good and TNT will build a nice block with those two shows every Monday night.
  • Reality Check by Gina has an interview with Vinnie Fama, last night's boot on Hell's Kitchen. If you want to learn to cook via Vinnie, check out his own website. Yikes.
  • The Idol Thoughts site lists the dance styles chosen for the couples on tomorrow evening's So You Think You Can Dance.
  • My favorite Survivor 14: Fiji guy, Yau-Man Chan, recently appeared at a local (to him) food bank's fundraiser and there's a nice write-up in the Vellejo Times Herald.

That's all for now. Is it hot enough where you live?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Vinnie's interview. It only confirms my earlier statement, he IS a JERK! Also read the food bank story about Yau-man and it confirmed that he is a good man, a very decent man. Hope Dreamz truck rusts quickly.

dla said...

Hi Jackie!

We are in the dog days of summer here in Nevada... It has been 105 - 110 degrees for highs, and it will stay there until September.

At least it is a dry heat! ;)

lol

Anonymous said...

hi Jackie

Midwestern WI was in the 90's & humid yesterday, it thunderstormed last night, so i'm sure it will me very humid today, too !!

We have been watching gordon ramsey on his bbc shows, "the L word" and the one where he goes to struggling restaurants & helps the owners revive them - he is a much nicer person in those shows

barb

Anonymous said...

Hot enough? Yes !! In the Tampa Bay FL area the high on tv was given as 97 June 26. Here at Myakka City (inland) it was more like 100 at least. I stayed in with the ac set at 80.

Anonymous said...

I love to watch tv shows.Saving Grace tv show is One of my Favorite.I am a hug fan of the show.I have seen all the episodes of the show.