Saturday, July 07, 2007

'Big Brother 8' - Live Feeds Update - Into the Morning - 7/07/07




















At least I like the colors of the house "screensaver" more this season than last. It's a blue whirly liquid tunnel, perhaps tying in with the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. It would be almost relaxing if it didn't move so quickly and wasn't accompanied by the overly loud theme music once again.

But I like blue liquid tunnels much more than angry red clouds (or fire). If we must endure this whenever the show doesn't want us to see what's happening, at least I can sit and say, "Hey, pretty colors."

Some folks wonder why we see it, right? Every time a houseguest sings, we get this clip because it's considered broadcasting and the show hasn't paid royalties to air the song. If the houseguests talk about someone who hasn't signed a release, we get the clip because they don't want lawsuits. Then there's when the show doesn't want us to see various competitions or houseguest talk about the show's staff. Although we often get the clip until well after a competition, eventually the houseguests talk about what happened when we were liquid blues.

Before I go into the actual events of the night, I'm going to call my early season favorites... I like Dustin and Jameka. Both get along well with others and seem to be going with the flow in the house. I enjoy watching Dick more than I thought I would and Daniele a bit less. He seems a bit lost, a bit bereft. She won't give him the time of the day. Eric is probably going to work out okay as America's Player, but the guy has issues. He's very antsy and will end up getting bleeped on the show more than Dick, the Keith Richards stand-in. Now, if Dustin didn't have the Joe Nightmare on his back, I think he would have been better as America's Player. But, of course, he might not even be on the show without the connection.

Onto the late night into the dawn events from that Big Brother House of Hapless Hipsters:

  • Carol, who could very be evicted this week, wants Big Brother to change her picture on the Memory Wall. No, not to black and white. She thinks she looks snaggle-toothed in it. She noted that only she and Jameka seem to be dressed in the women's photos.
  • Jen seems to be the one on the outs with almost everyone in the house. Although Kail said that she had no problem with Jen, almost everyone else has mentioned that she annoys them. Unless she can win competitions, I don't foresee a long stay for her.
  • If it means anything this early in the game, Nick's key was the last to be revealed in Kail's Nominations Ceremony.
  • Is Nick smitten with Daniele? Possibly. There's been a lot of flirting and he had a long talk with her about how his first impressions were totally off-base. He thought she was a hot dumb blonde, but told her that instead, she's a very smart hot blonde. @@
  • Unlike previous seasons, these houseguests are into fake "dates." In a way, it's interesting as they get to know each other. But all they really do is dress up and prepare for the date, then sit around and talk.
  • Joe decided he would tell scary stories accompanied by a flashlight. The stories weren't scary, but the flashlight worked.
  • Dick, Jen, and Mike had a discussion about how boring Kail is. No, Kail wasn't there to give her opinion.
  • Dick has an issue with all of the knives in the house being plastic. He obviously didn't watch Season Two.
  • Mike and Dick were the Stay Up Late Dudes, still up as I type this at 5:30-ish in the morning their time. Joe woke Eric up, so now he's out there with them ticked off at Joe.
  • The boys are talking about making the teacup in the yard the new Jack Shack (no, I won't explain) by covering it with quilts. Eww.

I'm going to go ahead and get this posted. Why am I actually liking Evel Dick? That's just not right!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

At this point, I think Jameka is my favorite also. I voted for her on the CBS poll. I really wish Jen was up for eviction rather than Carol and Amber...I liked what little I saw of both of them. What provoked Kail into putting them both up? Kail is the only one not upset with Jen yet? And she "runs" a whole town? How is that possible when she doesn't have a clue about people?

~SharonS

Anonymous said...

Gosh Sharon,thats a good observation....she runs the town I think because she has all the money, and holds all the cards and everyone has to do what she says. It bothers me she is so well off and yet in this game...is this another conquest of "Queen" shes playing? I wanted to like her when I saw the promos....

Anonymous said...

please tell me you dont think he is like keith richards. i was thinking more like tommy lee

Anonymous said...

Other sites have compared Dick to Tommie Lee, I see the resemblance.

Fake dates=Speed Dating

Who was it that said they hoped no one in the house "smoked" ? Thank you Dick, hope you get their goat. IMAO

Jackie...light up a tokie and watch the swirly screen...cool man!!! Also have bunches of munchies. Wow did I type that??? Ganja man!!!! OK stop me!!!! Just had to do that!!!

Have formed no hard opinions, but like Dick and Amber for some reason. Hope she stays.

Anonymous said...

Hey delee... that would be our girl Jen. Said she hated smoke on the opening show. Haven't heard much complaining about it since, but if Dick's got her goat - then goodie, goodie, goodie!

Anonymous said...

I must be the only one at this point that thinks most of these guys all look alike. When somebody types a comment about Nick or Mike, I'm like who? The only people whose names I remember at this point are Dick, Joe, and Jameka. I've been watching an hour and a half or so of the Showtime thing each night. Is the live stuff always this dull or is it just this group?

Perhaps if you get a group of people together whose main ambition in life is to look good in a swimsuit there just is no substance below the surface.

I miss Kaysar and Dr Will and Janelle!

Anonymous said...

Jackie

Sure glad you are back.
Sorry I need to disagree with you
I think Dick looks just like Tommy
Lee.
Kinda like the guy.

Anonymous said...

does anyon es=lse watch showtime2 at night?? Jen bugs the crap out of me

Anonymous said...

I believe Jackie made the Keith Richards comment because Evil Dick was a stand in for him in the last Pirates movie. Doesn't matter which one he looks like, they're both old rockers who never grew up :)

I've seen several comments in other posts about Jen being part of Chill Town. Jackie posted this "Janelle has been quoted on various sites saying than this year's Jen is a ChillTown ringer. Jen has some ties to both Mike Boogie and the Evil Doctor Will. Supposedly Mike is going around saying that if she wins they can claim a third victory for ChillTown. Of course, Jen was the one who turned me off with her "Jenius" t-shirt on The Early Show cast introductions. on July 3. I think that's where we all heard it. I can definitly see her being a Booger hanger-on.

Anonymous said...

Valerie..I do not have Showtime period or the After Dark stuff..I depend on Jackie (sorry) for late night stuff. Pay enough to my cable co and they are not gettin more unless a rate hike. IMAO

Seems Jen is raising alot of angst so far, will see how it goes!!!!

Sydney said...

Delee -- Joe was smoking on last ngiht's After Dark as well!

Yes, Tommy Lee. But put a pirate outfit on him and he's close to Depp as Richards as well. OOps Orkmommy, I just saw your comment.:-)

Lili-- I also can't figure out who Mike and Nick are -- I have Dustin and Joe and Eric and Zach down but I keep thinking there is only the one musclebound dark haired guy left -- the one with the big dark tatoo on his right shoulder... and then I realzie there is another dark haired guy so who is who? I keep going back over Jackie's post with the pics to help myself out. THANK YOU JACKIE!

Anonymous said...

Orkmommy,

LOL!!! LOVE the new avatar!! Although will miss your smiling face :)

Anonymous said...

well last night on the showtime thingy Jen was on a date with one of the guys i havent sorted them out yet. They saw people in the hot tub and he asked her something about it and she said she had not noticed because she was so "memorized" by her date! what a ditz she went on and on about ho smart she was UGH"Mesmerized"you freakin idiot