Monday, July 09, 2007

'Big Brother 8' - Live Feeds Update - Monday Daytime - 7/09/07

Jackie's TV Blog, BB8, Big Brother 8

These houseguests really have to kick things in gear. Perhaps I'm sadistic, but I like watching big time drama. I'm not talking about crying about your photo on the Memory Wall.

I'm talking like the Eric backyard scene with Kaysar in Season 6. Or even the Janelle/Beau brouhaha that very same season. While there are little tiffs here and there and no one seems to like Jen (except maybe Kail - at least on the surface), there aren't any huge showdowns. Not yet, anyway.

Here are the events of the daytime hours so far in the Big Brother House of Go Blue... like, 'cuz we're the Blue Team:

  • Dick thinks that Nick will target him because it would make his romance (shomance?) with Daniele less awkward.
  • Dick seems to be in this to win it. He told Amber that he studied Dr. Will's performance on the show and took notes.
  • Dick also said that Eric was an "angry Jew rabbit." He then mentioned that his grandfather was a Russian Jew. (Hmmm... qualifiers don't always cover comments which focus on religion, culture, etc. My personal jury is out on that comment. Angry rabbit defines Eric.)
  • While he was alone before heading to be, Dick stopped at the Memory Wall. He told us that he wants Jameka to go home and that Jen must go before sequester.
  • Dick finally headed to bed when it was almost 6 AM their time. (A few folks asked if he ever sleeps -- he does, but definitely not enough and in small chunks of time.)
  • Jen, Mike, and Kail studied for the next HOH in case it's a question-based comp.
  • Jen wore her "Jenerous" shirt today. (I'm sure we'll see Jentastic, Jenlicious, and more as time goes on.)
  • Jen and Zach clash. (Jen clashes with most of the folks.) She decided to paint her toenails red to annoy him because he hates red. Then she walked around asking how much he had to yell at her to get a penalty nomination. @@
  • Still with Jen - she wants BB to contact her orthodontist because she lost retainer on, like, Day 2. It cost a fortune, y'know. (So, why has she waited until, like, Day 10 to bring it up?)
  • I'm not sure if this is the result of the America's Player vote or not, but Eric went to Kail sniffling, fussing, mumbling, bringing up Daniele's possible eating disorder, and a personal friend of his with an eating disorder. This could be the big sad sob story and to whom he must tell it. I believe it is. Good acting, but it's annoying.
  • Now I feel old. Carol and Jessica were 13 when Big Brother had its first season. Feh.
  • Nick was on MTV Spring Break in 2002.
  • That's the deal, Internet Fans! Dick is still out of the picture and must be sleeping, so he's had a good day's sleep. Maybe he's a vampire.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie for the updates.

I do not have a favorite yet but some I do not like all ready. Jenn is too much of a drama queen and so is Joe. They are annoying and so is Jessica as she strikes me as the most immature. I am not sure about the others but America's player is apparently very hyper and not all that likeable so far.

Anonymous said...

Also, I did not like Kail from day one. When she said her family ran the town she lived in, that turned me off. That is so arrogant and she strikes me as very pushy, bossy and mean spirited..she is out to get more and more and more.

Jean said...

That Nick is gorgeous! What pro football team did he play for? Or does he look like all the other good-looking jocks.

Jean said...

Oh, Nick looks very familiar.

Anonymous said...

Think Nick played in Australia or what it says on his myspace page.

Unknown said...

maybe Eric's next America's Player task should be somehow ruining all Jen-themed attire.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Sarah! Wicked AND Brilliant!!!

AlbGlinka said...

Daniele DOES look like she has an eating disorder.

She's even purged a letter from her name.

Anonymous said...

Albglinka - THAT WAS HILARIOUS!! Purged a letter!! HA HA HA!! I was about to swallow a bite of my tuna sandwich and I almost choked! Didn't anyone tell you it's not nice to kill fellow Jackie fans?

Keep up the funnies!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I finally have to comment. But first...hi Jackie...thanks for all your work!! AlbGlinka, I LOVED your comment about Daniele's purged letter. I have no idea if she's just naturally thin but that was funny. I'm afraid I have to agree that Jen is annoying and Jessica's voice is horrible. Although I don't dislike Daniele (yet), her voice sometimes sounds Jessica-like...ugh.

And my real comment is for Dick. I was kind of liking him and always like to give the benefit of the doubt to someone a bit "out there" in appearance but his "Jew rabbit" comment has me thinking I'm not a fan. I'm just not a believer that having (supposedly) a relative in a particular ethnic group is license to cast aspersions on that group. (Sigh) I wanted to like him and now I'm just not so sure. Anyone who can help me like him again? LOL...enjoy the show!!

Sasha

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jackie, for providing all the details. Once again, I had company over when BB was on so probably missed many of them.

Aha! I saw the first @@. LOL I couldn't believe how Jen was crying over her photo. I don't know what to label it...narcissism,OCD,low self-esteem, insecurity, conceit, immaturity, etc. I wonder what her driver's license photo looks like and how many times she went back to have the photo taken again to get it perfect? She certainly must have had professional make-up/hair done before her DMV appointment. LOL

Still don't know what to make of Dick other than not liking him much, but he is going to be a major character in the house. His comment about Eric was distasteful but that seems to be Dick. IMHO

Maybe it's just me, but they all seem a bit boring and predictable. I'll have to give it more time to see if anyone becomes a dynamic force in the house. Maybe there will never be another Dr. Evil. ;) I know some of you think Nick is "hot" but I'm just not feeling it. I'm wondering if the "dudettes" will rally against the "dudes" or vice- versa. BTW, not every young girl in CA says "like" before every other word. LOL

Thanks again for the updates and great screen shots with your new camera, Jackie.

Zoetawny~
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sasha....he clearly loves his daughter and is working at trying. Does that help you like him again, a little? (I wish we knew why she is soo upset with him -- is it just post-teen angst, or something deeper, such as things like his horrid racial comment?) ~SharonS

Anonymous said...

oh my, dick is grating on me, is he some kind of vampire that he cant sleep?
I am finding most of the contestants boring...I was so enthralled with Kaysar, ERic,Janelle, all the GOOD players, even annoying Maggie...no one seems to be a standout...who picked these people?

Anonymous said...

this year is soooooooooo boring ....Jackie you are doing a great job of reporting thank you
this is the 4th year I believe that I have been following your blog you are making it interesting

pisgahscience said...

"Kaysar, ERic,Janelle, all the GOOD players"

NO NO NO...please don't bring her up again!!! UGGG...GOOD PLAYER! UGGG!!!!

***Blood pours from ears and eyes***

Not the J-Word!!!

Anonymous said...

Terry in CA and Anon 11:58 PM

I agree with both of you that this season has started out to be very boring! Thank God for Jackie and her insightful and interesting blog! I have the feeds, but rather read the recaps because it is so slow moving and dull. I'm hoping that it will become more exciting and interesting as the days go by.

Anonymous said...

Hello and thank you Jackie.
Good to see many of your past commentators joining you again.

To Sarah: Excellent idea to trash the Jen clothes!

To albglinka: I think you made me pee a little! Purging a letter... was indeed THE belly laugh of my day.

To Sasha: If Dick doesn't apologize for his comment I cannot ask you to reconsider.

That said...Dick has been my favorite from day one, maybe he reminds me of someone from my past, I dunno. As for his sleep habits, he is a bar manager! Up till dawn because he comes home after work and has to unwind, just like most of us do. Bars close at 2am here and the bar manager may not get to leave till 4! I can relate, I do it 5 nights a week. I think he's smart not to change his routine.

Love this blog,
Steff

Sydney said...

Sarah -- Great idea YES!!!

And Albglinka -- LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I too don't have a definite favorite yet, but plenty of them annoy me already! Jen lost me the moment she started carrying on and on and on about her picture on the wall. Sorry Sweety, but it looked just like you to me. Once Jessica said her beef with Carol was over a $5 debt, I didn't care to hear anything else she ever had to say. I hated Dick's attitude on the first episode - it seemed like he would be perfectly happy to have his daughter kicked off the show! But I find that he's not as bad as I first thought - jury's still out on him. Kail started playing the strategy game way too soon, and all of us BB faithfuls know her downfall will be swift and possibly brutal (didn't she watch when Danielle tried to have 3 men carry her through - they played her till she was of no more use). Don't let me get started on Joe - I've never heard the word gonorhea so much in my life. After a couple of minutes, I decided I couldn't think of anyone who deserved to get it more - lol. I don't have much opinion yet on Nick, Zach, Dustin, Eric or the other guy (sorry can't remember his name). As far as the other girls go, Jameka, Carol and Amber all seem likable - so far anyway, but of course true colors have not all begun to show yet.

rbennie