Sunday, July 08, 2007

'Big Brother 8' - Saturday Evening Into Sunday Morning - 7/08/07

<-- In what seems like it's going to be the custom throughout the summer, Dick has stayed up most of the night. He's washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen. If he keeps this up, we'll have to call him Domestic Dick instead of Evel Dick. (Note: That's his spelling of evil, not mine!)

We're not into the really heavy drama point with these hamsters yet. But each day, we learn more about them.

Here's the lowdown from Saturday evening and the overnight hours in that Big Brother House of Loquacious Loonies:
  • Carol thinks that Amber and Jessica have teamed up to campaign against her. She thinks Amber is using her family for sympathy. Meanwhile, Amber told Eric that she's just making sure everyone knows how much she wants to remain in the house.
  • Jen actually wore clothes all day instead of her barely there bikini. Of couse, they were Jentastic clothes, but...!
  • Jameka calls Dick "E.D." because she refuses to call him "Evel."
  • Zach has lost almost 30 pounds this year before going into the house.
  • Many of the houseguests are concerned about Daniele's weight. She's one of the ones on BB Slop and a thin woman losing more weight. Dick is very worried.
  • I don't watch Joe a lot on the feeds. But when I do, I find him annoying. He likes to be the center of attention and is into impressing others by namedropping. "Oh, I know Susan Sarandon!" Um, I don't care.
  • Joe has also memorized all of Finding Nemo. (And I think I'm a time-waster, eh?)
  • There was a bit of strategy talk between Jameka and Daniele. It sounds like they want Jen out next week but they're worried about her relationship with Mike.
  • Daniele thinks that Kail, Mike, Jen, and Eric have formed some sort of alliance or pact.
  • Dustin spilled the beans -- both he and Jessica were recruited for the show, they didn't apply. So that means that of the enemies, it was Joe and Carol who wanted to be on the show in the first place.
  • Dustin and Amber are getting closer every day. I can see them working together on strategies. Between them, they think they have Nick, Dick, and Zach in their corner.
  • Dustin has a crush on Nick.
  • Amber had a "date" with Mike -- which she endured because she wants him to be in her corner. Dustin had a "yoga date" with Nick.
  • There's a bat who calls the backyard his home. At least that will mean fewer bugs under the lights at night.
  • Carol thinks that Amber is trying to "steal" her votes by doing things like giving Zach a backrub. (Okay, girl... I liked you in the beginning, but you're annoying me now.)
  • Nick told Kail that Joe offered to be in a secret alliance with him. "How do you back out without telling him you're already in a secret alliance?"
  • Kail and Zach now think Carol's not a threat and they should really get rid of Amber this week. These are two to watch -- they're already heavy into strategy early in the game.
  • Amber thinks that Joe harasses Dustin.
  • Carol said that the producers told her she should try harder to stay and that she was in the Top 3 on the viewers website poll.
  • The food restriction for the BB Slop folks went off at midnight, so they feasted.
  • Carol thinks the tides have turned and she now has the majority vote to stay in the house. We'll see.
  • Dick and Dustin think that Mike and Kail have a strong alliance to each other and that Mike "spies" on others reporting back to Kail. Neither trust Kail; both think she's a very strong player.
  • Jen had a brouhaha with Nick. We got Blue Liquid Tunnel.
  • Daniele thinks Eric is crazy. "He flipped out on me twice today."
  • Dick has a "date" with Kail tonight. (What a couple!)
  • Again, Dick stayed up longer than everyone else, talking to the cameras and housecleaning.

Okay... my thoughts on a few things now...

Eric is not a good choice for America's Player. He's too antsy and anxious. Why oh why couldn't they have chosen Jameka? I think that girl is going to fly under the radar until the end. Eric is too flakey and full of nervous energy. Plus, they'll have to bleep every other word out of his mouth for national network television.

I think Kail is a bit Maggie-like. She's gathering the flock and is quietly in charge.

Are Nick and Daniele merely a showmance or are they going to be an item? I don't know.

9 comments:

AlbGlinka said...

Looking forward to tonight, it's hard reading all this when I've only seen an hour of the network broadcast!

I liked Jameka. I hope she goes far.

Evel looks like he's been drinking and drugging and smoking for decades... I don't care how many dishes he does!

LYSS said...

Now that i'm all caught up on the weekend in the house..i need to watch the show..i'm more confused then before..i only know e.d. nick and eric on the guys side..i have to pull up the bb page on cbs so that when jackie talks about some guy i know who it is..i really think we need nicknames for these guys..lol..
we were talkin about bb at work on friday (after the 1st show) and well all call'd kail as the "maggie" for this yr..
I think that they need to put more older people in the house..i mean more 30-somethings..who wants to watch a bunch of 21-23 yr old barbie clones jump from person to person..and get into hissy fits because someone owes them $5..i really think that im going to apply for the show next yr..(and if i make it i'll be sure to give jackie a shout out)..
untill later..
Lyss

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your hard work - this really helps out!! With two little kids i cant get to the feeds all the time..

Heather
Ohio

Anonymous said...

Should be interesting in how the show is edited down tonight.

Mike is making the rounds with the girls-- no big surprise.

Question: I don't know all of them yet, but is Nick the one who's Dad thought he was gay all through out highschool and Joe asked him if he was and he said no?

Eric is a spaz

I still like Domestic Dick.. I think he's playing the game more the others think.

Daniele annoys me, she doesn't look well.

Carrie in TX

Anonymous said...

Jackie,

You're the best. i love that you do this for us. I sooo don't want to peek and find out spoilers, but your site is WAY too tempting! LOL

Unknown said...

Hey Jackie!

I love this site! I check in periodically throughout the year, but come BB time, I am here 3 times a day. LOL

I have a question that you or others may know. If they vote out Eric, our America's Player, do we get another one? Or is that twist over?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

isnt there 15 frames on the wall but only 14 houseguests?
debi in calif

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think Eric is a spaz too. And i'm liking ED more and more. I didn't like Joe, Jen or Kail from the start and am caring even less about them now. I didn't want to spring for the feeds either so I really appreciate your blogging, Jackie, even more so during BB. Thank you!

Wintermute said...

lyss - I'm with ya. My wife keeps pestering me to send in an audition tape for Survivor, but I'm thinking it would be much more fun to be in the BB house. I think all us 30-somethings need to swamp CBS with applications once they open it up for next season ;)