Sunday, August 05, 2007

'Big Brother 8' - Sunday 8/05 Show Live-Blogged from the East Coast

Jackie's TV Blog, BB8, Big Brother 8

The show is starting here. This entry will be updated continuously as the show airs in the NYC area. Please keep checking back, voice your thoughts in the comments, and forgive any typos as I type this on the fly while watching my TV.

They've recapped and are starting to show the HOH comp. Amber is out first. I can see why Eric was disqualified. It was blatant. Jameka was out at the ten minute mark.

They're recapping Nick leaving. Amber is crying.

Back to the comp... da plane, da plane! "We love Nick! Amber and Eric are liars! The LNC is the nerd herd!" Now, I'm very suspicious. Why is the show showing this? SET UP, I say. They have never shown other banners since the third season ban, plus they have spotters surrounding the area. SET UP.

Zach is out after 32 minutes. We're still in the timeframe blocked to the feeds. Dick is out after 44 minutes. Jessica is out after 59 minutes -- the feeds had started just before she fell. The pressure is on Daniele.

Kail is disheartened that everyone was cheering on Daniele and no one cheered her on. Now, I remember Jameka said some words of encouragement to her! Dick is obnoxious with this right now. Finally Jameka is speaking up.

Jen and Danile had a small tiff, but Kail, Jen and Daniele are hanging in there. Now Eric is speaking up for Daniele defending the fact that her relationships have nothing to do with Jen. Jen is out at 1 hour, 31 minutes. Kail is noticeably upset that Jen dropped out.

Daniele tells Kail she has to stay up and will be there until she dies. Daniele promises her no one wants her to go home. Daniele promises her she won't go home. Daniele is the new HOH when Kail drops out. Dick is SO proud.

(Did you notice I changed the ZOetawny graphic when she got HOH?) Zoetawny rocks!

Now Dick is asking Daniele about the second vote for Nick to stay.

Daniele cries. She wants to find the weasel in the house. Daniele thinks it was done by someone trying to set her up for the fall. Amber tells Eric that Daniele asked if she voted to keep Nick. Now Jameka and Dustin are in the room. Eric says how much he wanted him to leave. Jameka thinks either Evel or Daniele could have cast the vote just to cause problems. Eric is looking very nervous!

HOH room time. She's thrilled with her photos. Dustin made some snide comments as did Jen (in DR segments, not to Daniele). Dick cries about getting closer to Daniele. Daniele thinks she will be lonely. Daniele thinks the leak is Eric. "It all fell into place."

Eric tried to pry Dick for information about the leak. I see Dick is totally avoiding eye contact. He may be a bully, but he's definitely uncomfortable about lying to Eric.

Rock music starts as Dick talks to himself about Eric lying re: the odd votes. "I knew it! I knew it!" Dick and Daniele bring Jessica into their theory. She listens intently. Daniele has expanded her theory into Eric being in an alliance with Kail. Jessica is confused.

She told D & D she wouldn't tell Eric. Now she's talking to Eric and asks him about the vote. She tells him it's Dick "feeding her" the info and he can't tell them. She warns him that he's the backdoor plan. Eric is mad!

America's Player needs a partner. Promise a HG he'll go to the final two with them. It's up to Eric whether it's the truth or a lie. Who do you want to be his partner? (I know he's already talked to Jessica about the final two with nothing to do with this at all.)

Now Jen is approaching Daniele as I detailed a bit on the feeds a few days ago. Daniele asked her about the stray vote.

Eric wants America to tell him to get either Jen or Kail nominated. He's thrilled America chose Jen. We finally did something he can get behind and won't give him problems. He talks to Dick; Dick is getting angry. He said Nick promised it wasn't his vote the prior time. Getting heated!

Dick throws pillows and Eric stands up to him. Well, sitting up to him... speaking up. Dick is now yelling at Eric. Daniele tells him to stop. Get ready for the hammock throw! Rats, no hammock throw. Can't show that to the viewers,eh? All of the HG looked really uncomfortable. I have to say Eric has spunk. He didn't cry!

NOMINATIONS TODAY: Certain people were nominated for certain reasons. Key order: Dustin for not nominating me last week, Eric (Dick looks surprised), Jameka, Amber, Dick, Jessica, Zach. Third time is a charm, Jen and Kail again. Kail -- competitor, threat. Jen - you asked me to nominate you, your wish is my command, taken the game to a personal level and I don't like it.

Kail thinks it's rough being the pawn. Jen is just having fun. Daniele promises to shock us with her choice/target if the POV is used. "Your jaws will drop to the floor."

Hmmm... now the only nom she could make that would do that for me would be a Dick nom. Anyone else in the whole house wouldn't surprise me. Y'think?

48 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly does "I am fathomed" mean? Does Jameka speak English or some other language I don't know?

Anonymous said...

Why would we call her a liar? Because she LIES!! She lied when she said she can't lie! Amber needs to go home!

Isabelle said...

Hey Jackie! Have you ever tried to host a live chat? I remember attending chats hosted by past houseguests at BuddyTV.com. Everyone and anyone can host chats there. It's pretty easy and you can use a webcam if you want. We mostly were posting instant reactions as the show aired and during commercials the chat host (known as TVj) typed a lot of comments or asked questions or just used a mic or webcam to comment a bit more.

Thanks for your great job!

Jackie S. said...

ORKMommy - They're ALL liars! I think it's criteria to get on the show!

Isabelle - I was a chat host for years on AOL. I actually like the writing part better than the chatting, but agree it's fun while watching a show! And thank you for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Set up Jackie gotta love ya!



Eller

Isabelle said...

Make Amber stop crying. Make ED stop bitching that often.

Anonymous said...

Make Jessica stop whining. Make Jameka & Kail start using real words in the right way.

Anonymous said...

I feel it will be totally unfair if Eric is voted out of the house because of us (America). Voting the way we want his to will cause him an eviction, and BB allowing that banner to be seen is just down right disgusting. I sure they had to know this would cause a problem for him. Forget about Amber just give her some prozac please!

Isabelle said...

I hope America votes someone Eric is actually close to so the task is easier for him. He had a rough week. Plus it wouldn't make sense if they asked him to become best buds with Dick!

Anonymous said...

Methinks Eric doth protest too much.

Anonymous said...

Joy - I agree. He's trying to hard to make sure everyone knows it wasn't him. I am glad to see him stand up to ED though. Someone needs to do it!

Anonymous said...

Jessica has that "quickie in the backseat" birds nest thing going on in her hair again!!

Michael said...

They had to show the banner on the show tonight because of the effect it had on the game. Nobody saw any of the earlier banners this season so no reason to mention it.

Because everyone saw this one and it caused Dick and Daniele and others to change their game play ("seeing that banner caused everything to click into place about Eric") they had to show it. Otherwise, how could they explain the changes in how everyone acts?

Unknown said...

I have a sinking feeling that Amber is going to float her way to the end. No one see her as a threat. Dick calls her "transparent." And the HGs don't seem to be nearly as annoyed by her crying as we are.

Kail - "In all truthness..." Ugh

Anonymous said...

she's planning to shock people?? Is she going after her dad???! ~SharonS

Anonymous said...

When is the Veto ceremony? I thought it was on Sunday...

Jackie S. said...

Veto ceremony is a Monday thing

Anonymous said...

dick needs to chill and i wish the powers that be would tell him to let up. where does he get off with his holier than thou crap when he's doing all this himself.

eric, being america's player or not, is a liar, just like the banner said. he needs to go.

i was wondering too if dani would put up her dad, but that's not going to happen, she would lose the last of her allies.

did dustin switch teams while he was in the house? is amber his g/f?

i can't believe that kail has been up almost every week and never goes home. maybe it's time she does.

i just can't stand any of their voices. this is the worst season of BB ever, yet i continue to watch it. i must be mental.

Unknown said...

I bet Daniele just thinks it would be totally shocking to nominate Eric.

So Jen calls Daniele out on her "cheating" in the middle of a comp to rattle her, and get's accused by Daniele of "taking things to a personal level" while Dick says the ugliest, nastiest comments about people constantly and Daniele's only remark is "it makes him happy, so..."

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eric should give up the entertainment industry and be a lawyer... I already know he's full of crap, but he sounds SOOOO convincing! Still love that kid, and would hate to see him go unfairly.

A word about Amber: Please don't forget she was the one who used the word "backdoor" first in reference to Nick. I sure wish Dustin would remember that and let it slip out! Still can't stand her.

I'm totally shocked that they showed the banner plane in TV... very interesting.

JAMEKA: "I am so fathomed..." Jackie, can a person be "fathomed?"

KAIL: "In all truthfullness..." Isn't the phrase "in all honesty?"

That poster guy Nate should be worried about the houseguests' English, not ours!

Robin in Manchester

Anonymous said...

Did Danielle tell her father that she made a deal with Kail?

Does Dick think he is the new puppetmaster?

I want Jen to go to the final three. I wouldn't mind seeing her win either.

Anonymous said...

Okay guys, Give your opinions on who to have Eric target for this task and why...
~SMH

Anonymous said...

Clementine - I noticed that too. Is it not personal when you make rude comments about a person's bodily smells? How about when you attack a person's Christianity? Or when you take something very personal that someone said to you in confidence and blab it to everyone? I'm really not liking ED at this point!

I wish Jen had pushed the whole "you told me that Daniele told you..." thing with ED. I remember seeing that in a YouTube clip. He told Jen all about the first real conversation he had with Dani about her boyfriend and Nick. Was it ED's place to tell the whole house about? I think not!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Thanks Jackie. I swore the POV Ceremony was on Sunday but I must be on crack. Oh yea, I forgot...I used to be on crack but I went to rehab. And Amber was there too. Yes, she cried a lot then too!!

Anonymous said...

I voted for Jessica. He is already close to her and I think she will be the key vote if he is nominated for eviction. If Jess votes for him to stay I think Dustin and Amber will to and she seems to be on the fence about him right now.

Nancy

Sydney said...

Orkmommy- I said the exact same thing about Jessica's hair to the TV. LOL.

I thought Eric held his own against Dick when he was enraged and also agree it's about time someone did it. He IS good adn thinks quickly.

Nancy - I want to vote for Jessica too for Eric to pair up with. It's just so obvious and will help him step back under the radar with her, and I think he needs her confidence back.

Anonymous said...

So, I was just doing some laundry and realized that my daughter is almost ready to move into a size 4T. I wonder if Daniele wants our hand-me-down size 3T's? If she makes it to the end I should be ready to send her several outfits that we've outgrown.

:-)

~~Silk said...

"To fathom" means to measure the depth of. In common parlance it means to understand in depth. So "I'm so fathomed" would mean "I'm so completely understood."

I assume that's NOT what Jameka meant. Did she mean "flummoxed", perhaps?

PlaidChick said...

I hope Daniele doesn't mean nominating Eric will be a "shock" because it won't. If she nominates Dick-- well I will fall out of my chair.

Whoever paid to have the banner plane flown did a good job-- they knew or hoped it would be an endurance contest and the producers wouldn't stop the competition so they wouldn't see what the banner said. Maybe BB wants Eric out, he's up 10 grand already. I do think it sucks for him as a player for him to be ratted out by a banner. They have a tiny piece of puzzle and the rest of it they are all making up as they go along.

Amber is a liar-- sorry Amber, crocodile tears only work for so long.

Jen is just a ditz-- hey nominate me!!!--Will.

DUSTIN IS THE LEAK!

Kail-- every word that ends in 'ing' is not said with a 'N' ie: I'm sittin on the block again.

Daniele-- such a princess-- I read elsewhere that she mentioned BF Kris is not good with money and will be moving back in with his parents, and she doesn't want to live with them, yet she hates paying for things herself. Kris, dump her now.

Zach is just wasted space in that place. Same goes for Jameka.

Anonymous said...

I've been flummoxed all season!

Anonymous said...

Just want to know why everyone is so down on Zach. Seems to me he is hanging in there, not making waves, etc. He might suprise us all.

Anonymous said...

OK guys, I still have an hour and half till showtime. What is Eric's task??
Maybe Dani/Dick have already made a plan for him to go up against Kail that way HE thinks it would guarantee her going
home because no one would
vote for him.JMO.
Orkmommy--you crack me up--if the 3T are a little to small I'm sure my granddaughters size 7
would fit.LOL

It took most of the day for my headache to go away and now it almost showtime.
It sounds like I should get the excedrin out and be
prepared!!!

Nana in the NW

Mimi6343 said...

Is it me or is Eric getting a little to sure of himself? He actually compared himself to Nick in the flirting and looks area????

I am so mad at eric right now I want to see him go. I agree that Dick needs to friggin chill already. He is such a big hot head.

I think that we all should vote for Eric to commit to the end with one of the houseguests that is not part of the LNC and someone that will pull his covers.

Any suggestions on who that would be? I havent voted yet and want to make a good decision.

Anonymous said...

I sounded confused(imagine that)--sorry Nate(he's the blogger monitor on grammer
and ramblings). I meant if Dani puts Dick up on the block not Eric.

Nana in the NW

Unknown said...

Nana - You always make sense to me : )

Eric's task this week is to make an alliance with one of the HG to go to the final 2. It's up to him whether he really intends to do it or just tells the person that to complete the task.

And if Daniele were to put up Dick to guarantee that Kail would go home, I think they would vote out Dick at this point.

I still think her big surprise nomination is just Eric (this is melodrama from a 20-year-old, remember). Maybe she's not comprehending that by talking about it with half the house, it wouldn't be that big of a shock, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I should be in bed by now, but had to tell Carrie in TX (aka plaidchick) that once again she speaketh the trutheth for me!! (Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Nate.)

Kail's "ings" become "ins" and even more annoying for me are Dani's "ings" that become "eens" as in:

"You are driveen me crazy, it is soooo frustrateen."

Someone said tonight that watching this season is making them think they are MENTAL... I laughed my butt off!! I totally agree, I'm addicted and I need BB Anonymous!

Later people, have a great week, Robin in Manch

SoozieS said...

Is it just me or do you think Daniele's voice is whinnie? She drives me nuts. Ok, the guys out there including my husband think she's hot, but stick a sock in her mouth! The only thing she could do to stir things up would be to put her "Dad" up on the block and I don't see that happening.

Anonymous said...

Alright guys,
Dick has gone off on Eric "Big" time just a little while ago.
Here are the links to youtube (remember, the language is STRONG)
It is three parts:
Dick goes after Eric 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vv8prxjTmY

Dick goes after Eric 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIr6FL0o0I

Dick goes after Eric 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrRlZ1_hxQ

~SMH

Sydney said...

Mimi- My take was that Eric said he was the one flirting with all the girls and being all the guys BFF, not Nick, in JEST!

Silk -- lol. I think she would know that word, but I'd hate to see Kail try to use it. Laughed at her "Truthness" tonight.

Orkmommy -- perhaps you can send a plane by the BB yard and drop the tees.

I have to say it once again, thank you Jackie, you completely rock! Is it me or is this crew MORE of a full time job than in years before? The last few days of bullet points were unbelievable!

Can we all say Ricochet? (Kail might say Ricola).

Anonymous said...

Does anyone here know how much Eric gets paid while working in the house?

Anonymous said...

If Daniele puts Dick up on the block at any point in this game and gets him out, I say let her win the money. I do not believe that will happen.(I don't think I really want her to win)

Orkmommy-your post always seem to make me smile, if not laugh at least once a day. You are too funny, thanks! I am glad at least one of you could overcome the crack habit. I must say I am amazed that BB has not had to hook Amber up to an IV as of yet, she has to be past dehydration!!! Is she somewhat cross-eyed?

For whatever reason this season watching BB makes me want to reach into the television set and slap each and everyone of the HG at least a couple times...or knock there heads together. It would not do any good anyways. At least when you crack an egg, you get something that comes out...I don't believe with the HG there is anything there to come out. These folks frustrate me to no end. Does anyone else feel like this season for BB is really bad? I do not know what makes me tune in to watch it all the time. Maybe it's time I look into anger management, as the HG are causing me to loose control...it just not like me to become so upset. My neighbor tells me I am just fine, it is the nuts BB has in there. I hope she is right!

Anonymous said...

Patty said "I do not know what makes me tune in to watch it all the time."

If we didn't have Jackie's Blog to vent our frustrations, we'd all be in therapy.

And that's the truthness!

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss that cutie Nick with his Fargo accent. Erik needs to get a grip on that eyebrow. I think he has the hots for Daniele.

Deanna said...

I voted for Eric to promise Kail as the "final two"... I'm sick of him and his annoying ways. It is time to break up that "Nerd Herd" NOW!!! With promising Kail, she'll run and tell Dustin and Eric and BB's stupid idea will go a "Buh Bye!"

Anonymous said...

Did any one else hear Eric and Jessica talkin in the work out room? He said something totally uncalled
for pertaining to Ambers personal life that shouldn't have been aired on live tv in my opinion, Jess seemed to feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

Who really pays for those banners do you think? Hasn't past BB series avoided showing the banners?

PlaidChick said...

anon@ 11:26 pm Eric is up 10,000 for his tasks, plus his stipend which is 750.00/week

anon@ 2:04 am: Rumors around the internet says Janelle is the one who sent the We love Nick banner, because she is a Nick fan-- however, I could never find anything that actually confirmed or denied that.

Sydney said...

Walter - you nailed it! Thanks for the laugh today!