Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sneak Peek: TBS - 'World's Funniest Commercials'

My friendly FedEx guy knocked on my door today and gave me a screener for the upcoming World's Funniest Commercials on TBS. Cool. The BB feeds are kind of blah and depressing today; I needed to smile!

Set to air Thursday, August 30, and once again hosted by Kevin Nealon, this show is always fun! Last year it came to us from Times Square in New York City, this year it's Paris. Oui, you heard me, Paris! Kevin's wife, Susan Yeagley co-hosts the show.

With TV commercials from all over the world, and the funniest ones to boot, this show is a keeper with me. One of the things I enjoy the most about it is the plethora of commercials I've never before seen -- both the foreign and regional US ones (outside of my region).

"Nothing beats a sunset and a ginger lime..." Oh, my!

For me, funny ad campaigns are good ad campaigns. If a commercial is boring, I don't pay attention. Make me laugh and I'll always remember your product.

Remember -- Thursday, 8/30 at 9 PM (after BB!), on TBS. Be there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....

I love those shows. Always make me laugh. I'm also sometimes surprised to see what is allowed to be shown in foreign countries. I'll definitely be watching. Thanks for the heads-up, Jackie!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you,Jackie,I love a good commercial and the foreign ones are always so inventive and "out there". I also have ones that I simply can't stand and they drive me nuts. Safe Auto and Old Navy come to mind offhand.

One of my current favorites(and don't know if it's playing in your area) is the Nationwide one with the cartoon bluebird and the whole town in the street singing and the guy on the porch w/his coffee and the little bird sits on the tree branch and it crashes on the top of the guy's car. Then he just shrugs and the singing continues."Life comes at you fast"! I love the ambiguity of it.

Okay and another Bud Light one that's playing right now with the hitchhiker. Have you seen that one? Cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

I was duped. Tonight's airing was from last year...thanks for the head's up.