Thursday, September 27, 2007

TV Newsy Bits and Bloggy Stuff

Jackie's TV Newsy BitsThe link to my TV Squad review of last night's Kid Nation is right here -- it hadn't posted yet when I mentioned it in my last entry.

As for tonight's Survivor 15: China blogging -- I'll be doing East Coast Updates on important events in the show (immunity and the boot), then my review will be posted over on TV Squad later in the evening. If you wish to discuss the show while it's airing, of course you can feel free to jump in the comments of the East Coast updates! I'll be listening ... er ... reading.

Don't forget, fans of Grey's Anatomy, there is a discussion post for you to talk about tonight's episode with your friends right here.

Someone asked in comments if I'll be deleting the build-up of comments in the DWTS discussion post. I don't like to delete comments because once gone, they can't be retrieved, plus some folks get upset when I do. Plus, it's very time-consuming on this end for me to delete tons of comments one by one. We'll see how things go. If it looks like things are getting unwieldy, I might post a new discussion post weekly or something.

Now to the real TV Newsy Bits!

I'm sure there are some folks out there who watch the NBC Thursday primetime block -- My Name is Earl, The Office, and E.R., right? If you're a fan of those shows, NBC has some big doings going on tonight online for them.

For My Name is Earl, after the special one hour episode 8-9 ET, there will be a 30 minute live blog chat with executive producer Greg Garcia.
For The Office, after the special one hour episode 9-10 ET, there will be a 30 minute live blog chat with executive producer Greg Daniels starting at 10 PM ET.

ER airs from 10-11 ET, then is followed by a 30 minute live blog chat with star Parminder Nagra and writer/co-executive producer Dr. Joe Sachs starting at 11 PM ET.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holey moley! not sure if this is the place for this but dang, this survivor challenge tonight is outrageous!!

Anonymous said...

Jackie wrote: Someone asked in comments if I'll be deleting the build-up of comments in the DWTS discussion post. I don't like to delete comments because once gone, they can't be retrieved, plus some folks get upset when I do. Plus, it's very time-consuming on this end for me to delete tons of comments one by one. We'll see how things go. If it looks like things are getting unwieldy, I might post a new discussion post weekly or something.

Okay, I withdraw my question. What you say makes a lot of sense. Keep up the good work.

Annie, I agree with you on the challange. There sure are a lot of snotty people in the tribes this year. Plus, wonder if they will EVER give this group some clothes?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful write up on Kid Nation. I tried to reply, but it went into cyber space.

joy n said...

Finally got to watch KN on CBS.com Innertube. It's great, no commercials.

Taylor IS a spoiled brat, She should be taken off the Council.

Thought that
Greg was equally deserving of the gold star. But have a feeling from the previews that he's going to be a sore loser.

meb said...

I don't know where else to post this other than on TV-Squad and it's requiring me to confirm it and... oh who cares... here's my thoughts on Kid Nation.

As much as I like Michael, I thought Greg deserved the gold star more than he did. They kept saying not to give it to Greg because that's the only reason he worked so hard. Well yeah???? Wasn't that the idea? Obviously he's not very smart tho, based on the previews, since he seems to be a poor loser.

Someone needed to remind the little blond girl who kept trying to save the chickens that she eats chicken at home. I thought she said she lives on a farm...surely she's seen the chickens killed before???

The competitions are rather complicated for some of these kids. Connecting the pipes, especially with the water turned on so early was difficult. It should have been turned on only when they got to the building with all the options.