Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Today's TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This is my cat Scherzo (pronounced Skairt-so). It's an Italian word which translates to Jester. (Which went well with a Teaser.) It's also the light and bouncy part in classical music. She's not as good with cameras as Teaser was -- she tends to close her eyes and move her head as if sensing the shutter. I want to thank everyone for their comments.

On another cat note, I saw Roofus the roof cat yesterday morning but he wasn't at a good angle for a photo.

In today's TV Newsy Bits:
  • I'll be writing my weekly review of Kid Nation for TV Squad and it should be posted there later tonight.
  • I found an interesting website set up by the striking writers for The Late Show with David Letterman. I'm still on the side of the writers in this action even though I'm generally anti-union. Maybe it strikes more close to home than some of the other causes, I don't know.
  • I'm not on strike, just a bit quiet.
  • Erik Estrada has decided to really become a Muncie cop even though Armed and Famous was canceled. Odd.
Today's musical non-sequitur:
Long ago it must be, I have a photograph

Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you
-- "Bookends" by Simon and Garfunkel

7 comments:

joy n said...

I was wondering how you were doing and also wondering how your other cat, (now I have her name)Scherzo, was handling the loss of her companion, too. Hope you're both hangin' in there okay.

That was a nice comment your brother left on the tribute page.

Zoetawny said...

((((Jackie))))

I've been very concerned about you and was going to email you but thought you needed some space for yourself. Please know that we understand that you're not up to par right now.

Thanks for sharing the photo of Scherzo. She's a very beautiful lady. I hope she's giving you some comfort. I'm sure she must miss Teaser, too.

It's not easy to get over such a deep loss but with the love of your family and "a little help from your friends" you will carry on. Your brother left such a touching comment. I got all choked up reading it. He must be as special as you are.

Please take care of yourself now. We all understand and will be here when you're ready.

HUGS~
xoxo

Anonymous said...

From RyzandShyn:
If I were Jared's parents I'd be very proud. What a cool kid. I thought that dance mat scene was great.
If I were Little Miss Sunshine's(Taylor)parents I'd be very afraid. I'll admit I have a bit of the "just try and stop me" in me as well, and so I've been a bit empathetic to her, but that girl is scary.
I can't wait to see how Sophia handles herself. I loved her "I'm a 30 year old stuck in a 14 year old's body" analogy of herself, but the glee in her eyes when they handed her the "enforcer" role told another story.

Scherzo is a beauty! I hope you two are keeping each other well.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty kitty! I just know she has to be a great comfort in these sad times.

Glad to hear of the Roofus sighting,we all worry about him.

joy n said...

I never thought I could dislike a child so much as I do Taylor of Kid Nation. What kind of parents does that little girl have that her values are so skewed? All ugly animals should be killed? Sheesh!

The ONLY reason she did those dishes was to play the arcade games. She gave another empty promise of "working" more now that she has, again, gotten what she wanted.

Those kids should stick to their rule that if she doesn't work again , she can't particpate in any rewards.

And if I hear "DEAL WITH IT" one more time I'm going to scream!

Anonymous said...

thank you Jackie.....and as for Kid Nation..its really a toss up...I just hope and pray that out of all this Taylor's parents decide on some life lessons. I adore Hunter, have all season..and Jared is the funniest little guy just love him...but I do love that little guy with the one tooth, cant think of his name, he is pretty wise beyond his years.
Thanks for the pix of Scherzo...its a blessing to have him I am sure...although they cant replace one another...they comfot.

dla said...

((Scherzo))

Love your Mommy during these difficult times. Make the sacrifice and hop on her lap... Give her lots of love!

What a beautiful fur friend!

And thank you for the Roofus update. I think I have "adopted" him with my boys gone.