Friday, November 23, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Friday, November 23, 2007


The moon is almost full over New Jersey. Ah-oooo! I hope everyone had a great holiday and, for those who went Xtreme Shopping today on Black Friday, I hope you survived. I had to work, but made the mistake of walking into a Target store thinking I might want to buy a computer monitor which they have on sale. No computer monitor, even given away, would be worth fighting that crowd. I immediately left before I made it to the department.

I haven't seen Roofus the cat, but it's been raining, very cold, or dark as I've been by there. Unless he can get sun, he seems to vanish, perhaps to the inside of the condemned building. Also, his free rein can lead him all over the roofs of four buildings and I can only see the front edges from my vantage point. I think he's probably okay.

In TV Newsy Bits:
  • Although it was a clip episode, I wrote a review of last night's Survivor 15: China over on TV Squad. I also think I forget to mention my Kid Nation review there this week.
  • Later tonight I'll be reviewing The Next Great American Band over on TVS.
  • NBC has announced that Leno will be airing some vintage episodes as the WGA strike continues ... I want Letterman to do the same!
  • The Frank TV debut on TBS attracted 2.9 million viewers -- a great showing! If you missed the show, it will air on Tuesday nights at 11 PM ET/PT in most viewing areas.
  • Reality TV World has an interview with voted off from Dancing With the Stars Jennie Garth.
Today's musical non-sequitur:
I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand

Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein
-- "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon

9 comments:

Zoetawny said...

Great photo shot! You could have a double career going on here...photographer/writer.

Bummer you had to work today. :( Still, here you are entertaining us once again. Too bad you didn't get your monitor but you were smart to save yourself and walk away. ;) I'm sure there will be many more sales before Christmas.

Roofus is probably really "street smart" is is taking refuge. I keep thinking about your cat and wondering how he's doing...and you, too. (Haven't checked my emails yet.) The blog always comes first. ;)

Loved your piece over on TV Squad on being thankful for TV. I even commented which I don't often do over there.

Stay warm and dry over there.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap and speculation on Roofus..dont know why but his survival seems crucial to me lately.
I try to never go near stores on Black Friday myself Jackie, but after sleeping in, having breakfast decided to brave Circuit City and Costco...amazingly easy and stress free...must be going after 11am is the best course of action around here.
Keep warm, love ya

Anonymous said...

I just caught Sydney's comment a couple of posts ago about people looking down their noses at us, people who love our TV. It's so true! When you start talking about shows you love or watch faithfully,they tend to look down their noses and sniff.....well,I NEVER watch that much TV,there's just not much value in it(sniff,sniff).I have to say that I totally disagree! I have learned so much from watching TV. It can teach human behavior(BB and Survivor),amazing looks at nature and the world we live in(Discovery & Animal Planet),lots of useless trivial facts(Jeopardy)and just plain old entertainment. TV can take you away to worlds just as surely as a good book. I will never apologize for my love of TV and neither should any of my friends in here. We all know we're the "brains" of the bunch! LOL

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I have been looking for any info or you cat. Hope everything is well. I am a cat person also. Well really a sucker for any animal but cats are my favorite. Hope all is well.

Karen

dla said...

Hi everyone!

Happy Saturday! Jackie, great photo, as always. You are definitely multi-talented!!

I hope Roofus is safe and warm, and I look forward to your next sighting in the ongoing Adventures of Roofus!!

Just caught an update online that will be interesting to all fans of The Bachelor! Actually, very sad news.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/tv-news-story/ar/_a/former-bachelor-contestant-arrested/20071124100509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, Thanksgiving was great!!! I saw the same moon in NJ as you did!!!

No way I get near any store on Black Friday that offers and specials or discounts!!! I rather pay more than deal with that crap...Did go to an Italian market in Hammonton NJ and then to 9th Street in Philadelphia, but no hordes in those places. Today was in Bethlehem PA for a Christkindl Marketplace. That is about it and my shopping is almost finished. YEAH!!!

joy n said...

Like your picture. No shopping for me on Black Friday.

I'm like Roofus, just staying out of the rain.

Read your reviews of Survivor 15 and KN and enjoyed them as always.

I was glad to see that Sixwire and The Clark Bros. are still competing on TNGAB, too.

Dia , I saw your link to the bachelor's latest news I had read the story on AOL News. What a shame. I'm gonna leave a comment on the Bachelor post if anyone's interested.

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody and belated Happy Thanksgiving. I don't think I would ever get tired of turkey....especially turkey sandwiches on soft white bread with lots of mayo(Best Foods, of course)! No pumpkin pie for me...yuck.

I had my family of 14 over so I was up at 6:30a.m. getting the turkey and stuffing ready. I was in bed by 9:00p.m. catching up on General Hospital...it is sooo GOOD!!!

I don't do the early Friday shopping either, however, my daughter felt compelled to call me at 6:00a.m. to tell me Fred Meyer didn't have the green lights I wanted!!! I could have shot her! I did a little shopping in the afternoon and just encountered grouchy people---maybe if they had slept in they wouldn't have been grouchy!

zoetawny--love your graphics. So glad you're back online.
Jackie--you can't stop your pics. though....love to see the area and what you find interesting.
Sydney--welcome back. I left you an e-mail earlier today(tapes should be on your doorstep by Mon.)

I agree about Criminal Minds. Wed. show was one of the best! It might be my fav. cop show currently.

I'm thankful The Bachelor is over!! Another season of dissappointment. I read about Mary(the arrest)also. It's ironic considering they were just on the "After the Rose" show talking about getting married.

If you have a little girl in your life be sure to go see "Enchanted". I took my granddaughters(6,8) and they loved it!! I must say I really enjoyed it, too. Much better than the "Bee Movie".

Enough of a break...time to continue working on my Christmas decos.

Zoetawny said...

WOW! Jackie, just checked out your Flicker photos. NY really is such an interesting city. I'm not sure if I'd get eaten alive if I lived there being as naive as I am.
Keep the great photos coming. We're all really enjoying them.