Thursday, November 01, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Thursday, November 1, 2007


Oh, look what I got! Look what I got! Thanks to my TV Squad gig, I received a screener copy of The Amazing Race 12 season premiere today! And, but of course, I dropped what I was doing to watch it immediately after the FedEx man left. My lips are sealed; I can't be bribed. I'll be posting a review of the season premiere Sunday evening on TV Squad. But I'll say one thing -- the magic is back! Set the Sunday 8 PM ET/PT hour aside for an amazing good time.

In other TV Newsy Bits:
  • Around 8 PM ET tonight I'll be setting up a Survivor 15: China East Coast Updates post which I'll update throughout the show with the major happenings. My full show review will be posted on TV Squad late this evening.
  • I have a few posts up over on TV Squad you might wish to peek at -- my Kid Nation review from last night and spoilers for the upcoming Survivor 16. With the latter, if you don't want to know, don't go. It's filming now, so no boot spoilers just location and all stars or not kind of stuff.
  • At this time it's still uncertain whether the WGA (Writers Guild of America) will call for its members to strike. If it does, the most immediate shows impacted will be shows such as Letterman, Leno, SNL, and such. They don't have shows filmed ahead and rely on a staff of writers. The first show postponed due to a possible strike is Heroes: Origins according to news sources.
  • This blog will not be affected by any strike. I'd hold out for more pay here, but ... um ... well, I do have my day job because writing can't support me in the jetsetting way of life I love so much. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
  • I'm postponing my final installment on the TAR12 teams until tomorrow evening due to time issues today. But, who knows? Maybe I saved the best for last!
Today's music non-sequitur:
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance
And if your friends don't dance
They're no friends of mine.
-- "The Safety Dance" - Men Without Hats

4 comments:

joy n said...

I read both reviews on TVSQUAD. Fascinating! Looking forward to the merge tonight on Survivor.

Anonymous said...

jackie...
will you be doing weekly posts for TAR here like you're doing for Survivor?...Or will it be like DWTS and only one post?
I like being able to comment as we go along and it's just not the same on TVSquad...
just curious..
thanks
joyzjenn

Jackie S. said...

joyzjenn - I'll have an east coast update post going for each show like I do with Survivor.

Zoetawny said...

WTG Jackie! The DVD was very impressive. It's about time you get recognition for your talents.
I'll be looking forward to your update post on Sunday. It's this blog and all the posters that creates that magic for me. :)