Tuesday, November 06, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Tuesday, November 6, 2007


We all need a cozy place in the sun, but I'm not sure about the roof of a balcony window. But that's where I first spotted Roofus months ago. Shortly after I snapped this photo, he leaped atop the fire escape on the right and actually caught a bird. Yipes. I just saw feathers flying and a flurry of activity. Since I saw his feet go right through the fire escape "floor," I wish the fire escapes on his building were more like mine with more narrow openings. I don't think there ever are any cats on my own fire escape or roof. Squirrels, birds, perhaps a burglar ... but not a cat burglar! For a larger image, click on it.

In today's TV Newsy Bits:
  • Will the writers strike give us Big Brother 9 in January? Check out my latest on TV Squad!
  • I also wrote a TVS article about changes coming for the next American Idol season.
  • I'm sure you've heard the news, especially if you're a Dancing With the Stars fan -- Marie Osmond's father died. I don't know how that will affect the show, but my condolences go out the the family, friends, and fans of the Osmonds.
  • Realitywanted.net has an interview with Ari and Staella, the first team eliminated from The Amazing Race 12. In it they mention they were big fans of the show with favorite teams of Rob and Amber and Mirna and Charla. Hmmm. I actually liked Rob more on TAR than on Survivor and can take or leave Amber. With Charla and Mirna, I have mixed feelings. I'd like to see Charla with someone other than Mirna. Neither team was my favorite on the show.
Today's music non-sequitur:
Through the woodland, through the valley

Comes a horseman wild and free
Tilting at the windmills passing
Who can the brave young horseman be
--"Don Quixote" by Gordon Lightfoot

6 comments:

dla said...

Hi Jackie!

Happy Tuesday! Thrilled to see the continuing Adventures of Roofus!! He will have his own fan club before he know what hit him.

So sorry to hear about Mr Osmond. Ironically, I just saw Donny last night on one of the entertainment shows talking about their upcoming family appearance on Oprah, and how they hoped that Dad would make the trip. ;(

My heart goes out to them.

Have a great week!

monty924 said...

Great picture of Roofus, and I love that cat (literally). Keep up the updates on our roof buddy.

I had 39 wonderful years with my father, who died at 80, just 3 months shy of 81.

My heart goes out to the entire Osmond family, and my thoughts and prayers are with Marie at this time.

Peace ~M

Deanna said...

My thoughts are with the Osmond family. I grew up loving them and at 5 years old declared I was going to marry Donny Osmond, even picking out the house we would live in...lol!

A winter BB9 would be thrilling. As much as I hate to see many shows not airing, I LOVE BB, so it would be good too. I do hope the writers get what they are requesting. What would TV be without them? Actors standing around with no words... Each needs the other and should be paid accordingly.

Interesting the AI is looking into more talent than just singing...Im thinking it is because of the success of Blake. His album is due to come out next month and I cannot wait.

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I have always made this my first stop in the morning, but I find myself yearning for any news and pictures of Roofus. Keep going with the updates!

Jenny

joy n said...

So happy to see Roofus again. Cat burglar, Love that! That's one tough feline who seems to have real "street smarts". He's up high, safe from people and cars and dogs and has nature's supply of food for the taking. He must be agile (as most cats seem to be) to manuever that jump to the fire escape and still catch his dinner.

A winter BB9 would be great! I could do without the America's Player this time around, though.

I read your article on American Idol yesterday and I like the changes they're proposing. Less mentors and more time to learn more about the contestants would be cool. The instruments would be great, too, as long as they play as well as they sing. Otherwise, that could "play" against them. By the way, Jordin Sparks album will be out on Nov. 20. It's called "The Killers". Possibly a reference to some 'killer' tunes? I hope it does well. I'd buy it.


I read somewhere this AM that Marie will be back next week. Sounds like her dad led a long, full life. 90 is a ripe old age.

Arlene said...

My condolences and prayers also goes out to the Osmond family.

I would love to have BB9 come on in January if the writer strike is on. I love that show.

Keep up the good work Jackie.