Wednesday, November 07, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, November 7, 2007


Nah, it's not Roofus the Cat. This is a photo I took on a much warmer day than today as I watched a city cat watch the world go by. Today it's much chillier here with actual freeze warnings ahead and even the "s" word as a possible in the forecast for Friday night. Now, where did I put my gloves from last season?

In TV Newsy Bits:
  • I wrote an article about ten ways I'll cope with the WGA writers strike for TV Squad. Readers here will know that I edited the union construction strike inflatable rat photo I posted last month. Hey, it worked. I realize the strike rats I've seen for the writers strike have been gray, but mine is cooler, right? I think it's the first ever feature article I've had at TVS.
  • But no matter how much thought I put into it, no matter my attempts at wit, as well as my solidarity for my writing friends -- AOL welcome-screened my American Idol changes post on TV Squad from the other day and that one's getting all the attention (and fanatics).
  • I've decided I want a black t-shirt with "writer" in white letters like the strikers.
  • Buddy TV has an exclusive interview with Greg Grunberg who plays Matt Parkman on Heroes. He even goes into the latest news about the show and the writers strike.
  • Marie Osmond won't quit Dancing With the Stars even though her father passed away.
I'll be watching Kid Nation and posting my review later tonight over on TV Squad.

Today's musical non-sequitur:
And I can change the world,

I will be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.
-- "If I Could Change the World" as sung by Eric Clapton

6 comments:

joy n said...

Storm Field, what a great name for a weatherman. It even sounds sexy.

I've been going nuts trying to remember who the heck sings, "Rock Me Gently". Do you know Jackie? I know the minute I hear who it is, I'll smack myself in the side of the head and say, OF COURSE! But it just won't come to me at the moment.

Loved your writer's strike article. VERY funny.

I'll have to catch KN tomorrow online. Watching the CMA Awards just to catch The Eagles perform live (and to tape). IMO, they are absolutely the best band in the world! Just got their new double CD and love it. Ooh, they just played "How Long", one of their new ones. Hope they're coming back on. These guys are all my age and I've loved them all for as long as I can remember. Only wish Don Felder was still with them. I'm rambling now.

joy n said...

By the way, this cat picture is one of my favorites. Still lovin' all of Roofus' pix, too. I will remain a loyal fan of his.

lynn1 said...

Joy n,

Andy Kim recorded Rock Me Gently. Here is a link to the info, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Me_Gently

CR said...

Saw this article, thought of Jackie's blog:
Strike may rush 'Big Brother'

joy n said...

Thank you, Lynn 1. You've saved my sanity.

Anonymous said...

please help... i DVRed all the episodes of big shots and dirty sexy money but i'm debating weather either of them are worth watching.

please let me know what you think

thanks
MeLiSsa