Wednesday, January 02, 2008

TV Newsy Bits - Wednesday, January 2, 2008


Nah, not an exciting photo, I'll admit. It's raindrops on a berry-bearing tree. We certainly won't see raindrops here tonight as the temperatures dip down into the teens. But we've been lucky so far this season here in the NYC area. I know folks in the Midwest, further up the Northeast coast and even just a few hundred miles north of here have had tremendous snowstorms. Since my knee won't allow me to ski, I'd just as soon as little snow as necessary here, thank you.

In today's TV Newsy Bits:
  • In NYC News news, I was thrilled to see meteorologist Jeff Berardelli on and off the past few weeks on WCBS2. I got all excited thinking he was back for good, but he isn't. He was just helping them out as he visited his family for the holidays. Soon (if not already), he'll be back in Miami and we'll have to deal with Conan O'Brien's doppelganger Lonnie Quinn doing the weather. Blech. John Bolaris is off of CBS2 and into Philly. I'd like to put in a request for a real meteorologist and not a soaps actor, please.
  • Law and Order returns tonight for a special two-hour season premiere beginning at 9 PM. I'm so there. I didn't care so much for Dennis Farina the last season or two. It looks like the cop cast has been revamped and I've always liked the stories.
  • I'll also be watching David Letterman's return (with writers) tonight. His guest is Robin Williams. I'm not as keen on Williams as I was a few decades back, but I wouldn't miss the show's return tonight for anything! Leno won't be able to do a monologue and has one of the Presidential candidates on for his return tonight.
  • Ohhh ... gossip! Claire and Peter from Heroes are a true-life couple these days? Yikes! He's 30, she's 18. She denied they were dating all through that odd haircut he used to sport.
  • Tonight also brings us season premieres of Wife Swap and SuperNanny. A new Deal or No Deal is on as well. Power of Ten, too. Oh, my. Television has returned. I'm not so much into any of them, but I might watch Wife Swap before Law and Order. That can be amusing at times.
Today's musical non-sequitur:
But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible,

Logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical.
-- "The Logical Song" by Supertramp

13 comments:

joy n said...

Your new picture reminds me of spring. I wish! It's 15 degrees here with a wind chill of 5 degrees and the thermometer is moving down. Now that the holidays have passed, I'm longing for April showers and May flowers already. I am not and never have been much of a winter person after the new year. Anyway, your picture cheered me up. Thanks, Jackie!

Anonymous said...

A Big Brother question. I know you probably have been asked this, but, will there still be summer BB programming? I have no idea??

Jackie S. said...

There is still a summer version slated for July.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for 2008!!! During Deal or No Deal there was a commercial for Friday Night Lights--new show on Friday :) And also new Las Vegas.....

I'm watching Law & Order--
I think I'm going to like having Jeremy Sisto(Det. Lupo) as part of the show.

Also saw Sarah--from TAR(the girl with one leg) on a commercial for Lincoln cars.

Things are looking better already.

dla said...

I definitely enjoyed L&O tonight! I was also never a huge fan of the Dennis Farina character, and I believe I am going to like this new mix!

Thrilled to see Jeremy Sisto, as I really liked him as an actor during the Six Feet Under days!

25 minutes and counting until my favorite late night buddy, Dave, is back!! I may really live on the edge and stay up for Craig, as well! lol

And my life has come to this... :)

Anonymous said...

I found Letterman rather boring,It's evident Leno had scab writers, although overall Leno's debut much better.
Jackie love your blog, your amazing!
Tom`S

Anonymous said...

JAckie, good to have you back. I hope everything you wish for is yours in 2008. (Pick up that paint brush!)
JeanBean

meb said...

Have the L&O taped. I've been watching the Ocean Force for lack of anything else to watch. Most of it is the same ole' same ole' spring break coverage of kids at the beach getting into trouble, but sometimes it's a real rescue. Saw one where two dogs were rescued.

nana in the nw, I saw that commercial of Sarah too.

Watched Power of 10 last night too.

Anonymous said...

Guess what I just saw?? The cast list for Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites is on EW.com!

They're bringing back Johnny Fairplay!! Ewwwww!!! At least it looks like he had his teeth fixed after the brawl with Danny Bonaduci!

Anonymous said...

Channel 2 weather has been a rollercoaster for a while.
Craig Allen was pushed aside when John Bolaris came back to be chief. Then John is pushed aside to make room for Lonnie as Jeff left to head for Miami.

joy n said...

Just realized another reason why I don't want to get into Celebrity Apprentice. It's on at 9pm on Thursdays, a day and hour which will soon have BB and Survivor competing with the Donald's audience. No contest! I heard him state today that he's back because of his great ratings last season. He's back because of the writer's strike, isn't he? The networks needing filler?

Anonymous said...

Yuck!!! Johnny Fairplay!!!!
The only fan favorite he was is the one the fans love to hate!! I wonder how long he will last?!

I will be rooting for one of the fans...some of the favs. I liked but they have already had their chance, let an underdog win!

Friday Night Lights tomorrow....previews show Riggins making out with Julie(I think) :0 and Coach catching them....
This otta be good!!!

monty924 said...

It should be easy to watch Survivor, BB and the Apprentice, if you like all three.

Survivor will be on Thursdays at 8:00, Apprentice on at 9:00, and BB is off Thursday's this season... isn't it going to be Wednesdays? Anyway, I doubt Burnett would put one of his shows against the other.

I think the Celebrity Apprentice will be a hoot, especially after the show's debut.

I'm rooting for Gene Simmons... I'm a seventies kiddo! :)