Friday, June 17, 2011

Jackie Update, Friday Afternoon

Jackie's brother has been in touch with Jackie. I'm glad he has called these last few days. Not being family, you never really know when to call when someone is in those first few days after surgery. If the patient wants to be cranky or cry, they can probably feel a little more comfortable doing that with family. Thank you Jackie's bro!

Here are his words:

I just spoke with Jackie, she had a rough day of therapy, is somewhat drugged, extremely tired and feels that they are pushing her much too hard. She feels at this point that it will be at least Sunday before she is released. I will be calling her at about the same time tomorrow.

Poor thing. I am always amazed that they don't give you at least just one day to rest and recover after being under anesthesia and being cut into, before they try to start ripping your leg off with PT. But, I think you feel exponentially better with each 24 hours that passes. Let's hope Jackie will.

Keep sending those good thoughts her way please! I'm sure Jackie would want me to thank you ALL for your prayers and tee shirt wearing!

2 comments:

Holly C said...

Thank-you for the updates> I have been thinking of Jackie and hope she has a speedy recovery. They are very pushy with the PT and I agree that they ought to let a person at least feel somewhat better before they go bending and stretching. Miss you Jackie! Hope you are home soon and feeling much better!

JOEY said...

THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US INFORM WITH THE LATEST ON JACKIE AND
BEST WISHES AND I HOPE AND PRAY FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND SHE WILL BE HOME SOON AND BACK TO THE JACKIE WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE AND ENJOY KNOWING.
THANK YOU
JOEY