Sunday, November 06, 2011

The Amazing Race 19 Blog Party - 11/06/2011


The show is actually starting on time here on the East Coast! It's a miracle! Once it starts, I'll update this post with the major happenings. But the real fun is in the comments; please pipe in with your thoughts! See you there!

Uh-oh! Double U-Turn ahead! They're all on the same bus to the next destination town. So they're starting off even again although Amani and Marcus will face a Speed Bump.

The Roadblock has one team member riding a bike taxi doohickey delivering a person and fish. As their Speed Bump, Amani and Marcus have to assemble a slide puzzle of the local flag. Jennifer made what seems like it might be a fatal mistake -- she left her clue with Justin and doesn't know she has to bike back to the starting point to turn in the money from the trip. Marcus passed her and now Jennifer is just standing there waiting to ask another team not knowing they're all gone. Finally she headed back to the starting point.

Detour -- Dug Out or Lug Out -- Canoe race or unloading cargo from a ferry boat.

Ernie and Cindy decided to use their Express Pass.

Ernie and Cindy don't U-Turn anyone and are on their way to the Pit Stop. Andy and Tommy don't U-Turn anyone either. Amani and Marcus don't use the U-Turn. Laurence thinks they HAVE to U-Turn someone -- U-Turns Amani and Marcus who already went through, so it's no use! Sandy and Jeremy don't use it.

Pit Stop:
1. Tommy and Andy in a foot race  - won a $15,000 total on a Discover card
2. Ernie and Cindy
3. Bill and Cathi!!!
4. Amani and Marcus
5. Laurence and Zac
6. Jeremy and Sandy
7. Justin and Jennifer -- Philiminated

24 comments:

Becky said...

Hey, Jackie!

Becky said...

Didn't have time today to check out your pictures. Will do that later. How is the weather there?

Jackie S. said...

Hey ther! The weather has been chilly but beautiful this week.

Jackie S. said...

Huh. Looks like another quiet comments week. I wonder if people are losing interest in the show or if it's due to the fact that it's so often delayed.

Joe in NY said...

It seems to be lack of interest in the show...at least among the people who used to be here. At least they still all turn out for Survivor!

Donna in Alabama said...

I am usually here but just cannot seem to comment and watch the show at the same time.

Becky said...

What did she do with the clue?

Jackie S. said...

She left it with Justin. This might cost them the race.

Jackie S. said...

I tend to not comment a lot (usually) as I'm updating the post.

Becky said...

I do not like Jeremy.

Becky said...

Don't care a lot for the father either. Love the older couple.

Joe in NY said...

The older couple is hanging in their pretty good. Teams that old usually get eliminated pretty early. What's the latest any team in their 60s has ever lasted?

Becky said...

Most older people tend to slack off, Joe. This couple works hard on a farm -- and it is paying off. Plus they have built up a line of communication.

My team couldn't even come in first with the express pass.

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone that's left. I finally made it with a couple minutes to spare. Its really a hard time (5pm PST) for me to make these chats - but I always peek for the outcome LOL

SueGee on the Left Coast

Joe in NY said...

till Wednesday...when there's more action here. LOL

Jackie S. said...

I really like Bill and Cathi (the older couple) -- they're both in better shape than most of the older teams have been and work so well together!

I'm happy that my pool team Amani and Marcus made it.

The only person that really irks me is Laurence -- Zac's father. He's so annoying!

Donna in Alabama said...

I thought it would probably be the brother and sister going home since they chose to show the clip about him coming out. I am sure production was holding that info for more to show on them when they got eliminated.
Also, I don't know if it was the editing or not but they seem to communicate better and were working together with less arguing and blaming tonight.

monty924 said...

Not lack of interest here... I just never make it home most weeks in time to watch live. Happy that Bill and Cathi are still in there. I was afraid to read the blog before I watched in case they were philiminated this week. Happy that I can watch it now and not watch with a frown.

I'll be here with bells on Wednesday. See you all then. :)

lynn1 said...

The show was delayed here :( I didn't realize it was on time on the East coast.
Jackie, I hate to use bad language on your site but Lawrence ought to change his name to Dick.
My team was eliminated tonight but there are other teams I like as much or more. I definitely like Bill & Cathy, Marcus & Amani, and the snow boarding dudes.

~~Silk said...

I check in, but like others, I can't watch, read, and comment at the same time. TAR tends to move faster than Survivor or BB, and there's so much more to look at, which makes it even more difficult. But I like to read the comments 'cause sometimes people catch things I miss.

ChicMc said...

I tend not to comment during show time(or much at all, really) but I enjoy reading what others have to say, after I have watched the show. It is always interesting how we are all watching the same program, but many times have such a different perception of what just happened. ... and it is a great way to catch up if I happen to miss an episode.

Brent McKee said...

As I recall Gretchen and Meredith from TAR7 (the year of Rob & Amber) finished 4th and could have been in the final had Rob listened to Amber and yielded Uchenna & Joyce rather than Ron & Kelly (which in turn would probably have led to Romber winning the season).

Caroline said...

This may be the first season that I tend to like Half of each pair. For instance, like Zac but not his bullying, arrogant father, Laurence. Eric is OK but Cindy gets on my nerves. She strikes me as pretentious and well, just gets on my nerves.

Les said...

I was really upset with Tommy and Andy for not letting Ernie and Cindy win a leg. I know it's a race and they want to do their best. But letting somebody win a leg when it's that close can have great paybacks later. As it is, they now have more of a target on their back.