Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Amazing Race: November 10, 2013 Episode Blog Party


Once again, the show isn't even scheduled until 8:30pm and football's running even later. Sigh. Once it finally starts here, I'll remove the word verification from comments and update this entry with the major events. Refresh the page to get the latest! As always, the real party is in the comments. Be there or be square.

I'll say it now before it even starts ... aren't we due for a non-Philimination leg? With my luck it will be Marie and Tim saved, my least favorite team. Actually, I think they're the only team I outright dislike this season. So, surely they'll be saved!

The Magnificent Margo has the latest pool standings as of the end of last week's show:

Ally And Ashley - LafayetteLisanne, Jackie,Tammy
Jason And Amy - Nicklepeed, PDXGranny, Brian, DLA
Leo And Jamal - MEB, Margo, Brenda, Caela
Nicky And Kim - Nana in NW, Jennasmom, David
Tim And Marie - SueGee, DKNYNC, Rbennie
Travis And Nicole - Delee, Laurie, Lynn1, Merrilee

Sorry you have been PHILIMINATED
Hoskote And Naina
Rowan And Shane - ML, Becky, Cheryl in NC, KayBeeRN
Chester And Ephraim - Buzzmaam, Donna in AL, Sharon S
Brandon And Adam - Donna in FL, Monty924, Sharon
Tim And Danny - JOKATS, Dusty, Zoetawny

Let's get this show on the road!

8:47pm ET and the show is finally starting here. Grr.

Teams will fly to Abu Dhabi. Leo and Jamal are on a flight that lands ten minutes earlier than the rest of the teams.

Detour - Sort it Out or Sew it Up -- the first is to duplicate a food platter, the latter is making a fishing net. Both tasks are quite difficult.

The Roadblock has them dropping 200 feet (?) on a zip line into a race track, taking a lap with a professional race car driver and noting the name of the winner of a race on a sign in order to receive their next clue.

Pit Stop:
1. Leo and Jamal - won a trip to Paris.
2. Jason and Amy (fourth time in second place)
3. Nicole and Travis
4. Tim and Marie (grr)
5. Ally and Ashley
6. Nicky and Kim ... but it's a non-Philimination leg and they're still in it!

Another double U-Turn ahead next week. Will someone PLEASE U-Turn Marie and Tim? Please? Thank you in advance!

56 comments:

SueGee said...

~~SPLASH~~~

Hi Jackie!! Hi Vincent!!

SueGee on the Left Coast

Jackie S. said...

Hi, Sue! The show isn't on yet here. If this keeps up, some day we'll be watching along with you!

SueGee said...

Won't be the first time!

SueGee

Becky said...

Hey, Jackie, Vincent and Sue.

SueGee said...

Hiya Becky!!

SueGee on the Left Coast

lynn1 said...

hi everyone I have some spicey Thai wings they are messy but really good

SueGee said...

It is going to be time for dinner and the show will still not be started!! Booooo

SueGee on the Left Coast

Jackie S. said...

Finally getting this show on the road ...

Becky said...

It's on here too.

lynn1 said...

we should have goten some sacher torte to celebrate vienna

Becky said...

I brought a platter of Southern fried chicken.

Becky said...

Jackie, I don't care for Tim and Marie either.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie, thank you for hosting!!

Hi SueGee, Becky, and Lynn!

lynn1 said...

Could these women have put on any more makeup and get glammed up?

Sharon S said...

Hello -- late start here in CT also.

David said...

Mmmmmm, fried chicken and hot wings. Looks like I will be about 10 minutes behind you.

Hi everyone, ;-)

lynn1 said...

i don't think the women can come into the mosque the way they are dressed

SueGee said...

I'm only 2-1/4 hours behind you LOL

SueGee on the Left Coast

Becky said...

How did the doctors end up in last place.

lynn1 said...

sort it out could be difficult

Sharon S said...

I don't think I'd want to do sort it out!

Becky said...

I figured the doctors would do sew it up. Plenty of experience putting in stitches!

Becky said...

Oh, Marie, drop it, please. HUSH UP!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I would definitely sew it up. It'd take me forever to sort it out. LOL

lynn1 said...

I really did not know there were that many varieties of dates

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, you would think they'd do it right the first time.

Nickelpeed said...

That looks too hard.

David said...

Oooo, wow. I would have definately gone for the fish net. That platter of dates does look hard.

Becky said...

I didn't realize about the variety of dates either.

David said...

LOL, and Marie is sooooo annoying.

Becky said...

How nasty. They are an ugly couple.

Jackie S. said...

I don't even LIKE dates! But those yachts are way cool.

Becky said...

May they be blessed with a taxi that has a flat, breaks down, plays out of gas and get lost.

Jackie S. said...

Alas, Tim and Marie are my "local" couple. I hate when these shows choose jerks to represent New Jersey!

lynn1 said...

I don't use a lot of dates the only ones I know of are the dromedary dates my Mom used to make date nut rolls when I was young

~~Silk said...

You might like fresh dates, Jackie. The dates I tasted in Morocco were VERY different from what's available here.

lynn1 said...

I wish someone would throw Marie overboard

David said...

Oooooo, double tribal councils on Survivor. Always like the teaser for survivor during the TAR shows.

Nickelpeed said...

It's got to be coming up on a non-elimination.

Becky said...

At those speeds mI would get half way around the track (if I was lucky) and have to go to the bathroom BADLY!

Nickelpeed said...

I really didn't want them to be 1st. For not knowing their dates, they actually did well.

Nickelpeed said...

What are they complaining about, they are still in the game. I'd be happy with that.

Sharon S said...

I do like it when different teams get a chance to get the first place prize though -- even when I don't especially enjoy the team.

Becky said...

And I would need to be wearing three pairs of Depends when I did it.

Becky said...

I'm talking about dropping that distance and then have to be in a speeding car and track a sigh. Especially right now. Yesterday evening I pulled my tee shirt of and my glasses snapped at the tim. I have worn these frames for years. They are bendable and pretty expensive.

Sharon S said...

Sorry about your glasses Becky.

I think I'd need a bucket to be sick in rather than the depends....

Sharon S said...

Loved that!

Nickelpeed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nickelpeed said...

Figured it was coming. Glad they're still in. Wish it were the Grizzlies though.

Jackie S. said...

I figured the non-elim was due. I would have preferred it last week or the week before, though!

Nickelpeed said...

Thanks for hosting, Jackie. Appreciate it

Will see everyone Wednesday! Have a great week!!!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by, everyone ... especially with the show being so late!

lynn1 said...

Thanks Jackie. good night everyone

Sharon S said...

Thank you Jackie!

David said...

Oooo, Noe's, My pick are hanging on by their fingernails.

Thanks Jackie. ;-)

Becky said...

Thanks for hosting us again, Jackie. Got called away from the computer.