Sunday, November 23, 2014

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - November 23, 2014

Sometimes you feel like a nut

I realize it's Sunday, the day I usually post a gazillion off television topic photos of the week gone by. But this week, I didn't really take many photos. I pretty much only went out of the apartment to go to a neurologist appointment (bitter cold, nothing interesting to photograph), go have an MRI done (dark outside, not cameras allowed in MRI room itself) and hit up the local bodega around the corner a few times.

The neurologist ruled my injury indeed a concussion and ordered the MRI to rule out anything more serious. The MRI experience was ghastly, but I didn't move and they didn't have to redo any of it. The only cool, yet weirdly creepy, thing about the MRI is that they gave me a CD of it for my own records. There's a built-in viewer and everything. At least I know I still do have a brain even though it's not working quite right at the moment. 

Sometimes you're always a nut

A tough nut to crack?

5 comments:

Delee said...

Yep it is there....

Glad to hear you are not as woozy and seem to be on the mend!

RSchnoop said...

Hopefully, you'll be back to normal soon... No headaches... No tired feeling... This week, you still managed to capture a squirrel celebrating an early Thanksgiving, Vincent being Vincent and a Thanksgiving feast, fit for a zombie...

lynn1 said...

Hope you see and feel improvement every day. From what very little I know about concussions rest is the best treatment. Take it easy and rest up.

Laurie said...

Rest is the best treatment while you have pain. Your body is working hard to heal itself. Eventually you may want to do crossword puzzles or other things that engage your brain. I was surprised at how hard that was after my second concussion in a relatively short time span. I also had to relearn how to crochet! It was just a matter of retraining my brain. I still have trouble with remembering the word I want to use sometimes, but that could just be old age! You, being so young, should expect a full recovery.

Becky said...

Jackie, I hope you are completly well -- well, after a few more workers comp days (Don't let the dock your sick leave for an accident on the job. Well, again, if you fell and hurt yourself doing the hootchy-coochie on a table, take whatever they will give you. I hope you realize I am only kidding.

When a resident falls and ends up with a black eye or bruised body I always tell them that "I have told you time and again, do not get on the table to dance." One time I said that and all of these elderly ladies started telling about doing it and where! Including my Momma!