Sunday, April 12, 2015

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - April 12, 2015

Good morning! This is my weekly off television topic reflection on the week gone by in both words and photographs I've taken along the way. My apologies for posting so late today, but I've been a bit under the weather. I hope you'll join me later in the week for Survivor and The Amazing Race blog parties!

Until yesterday, this past week was mostly chilly and rainy with night time lows hovering around freezing. Now it looks like we might have finally turned the corner. Every day this coming week is forecast to be above 60 degrees. Yes!

As for why I'm under the weather -- I've caught the Killer Cold that's being passed around throughout the Northeast. Now, it's just a cold. But it's knocking me (and everyone whom I know who has caught it) for a loop. I can't breathe. My sinuses are whacked. My ears are even all stuffy. I felt it coming on Tuesday and it hasn't left me yet. As a result I'm not sleeping well, either. Y'know, I'm getting really tired of one health woe after another. I should be due for a good health streak.

Today is simply beautiful outside. High expected around 64, sunny and dry. I plan on pretty much hanging low, staying inside, staying in bed a lot hoping to finish off this cold.

Oh, well. I should get this posted. Clicking on an image will bring up a larger shot ...

It's finally SPRING!

Crocuses! Spring! Yay!

Early in the week ...

... the daffodil buds were showing on Berckman Street in Plainfield.

1955 Chevrolet Nomad

Although my train to work yesterday passed over the Revolutionary War Battle of Bound Brook re-enactment too quickly for photos, another treat was in store for me at the TD Ball Park adjacent to the Bridgewater Train Station. Vintage cars were all backing up the sidewalk and parking along the front of the stadium. I sat on a bench photographing some of them. But then I ended up standing up near the bench after I saw this particular car hit a lamp post with its driver side. Love them fuzzy dice! More car photos (and others, too) after the jump.

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

Hank the Truck

Hank has fuzzy RED dice.

Show me your muscle (car)

SuperSport or plain ol' Chevy SS

1955 Ford Thunderbird

In bloom!

A few days after the buds looked so healthy, the daffodils bloomed. Yay!

A sunny trio on a rainy day

Plainfield Train Station at night

As the train is pulling out, heading to New York City. I'm not heading there. I'm just home after a long day into the night at work.

Affected by overnight low temps

This past week we had some temperatures hover around or reach freezing. Hopefully this week we'll be beyond that and flowers in planters will fare a bit better.

Two men in "sketch mode"

I edited this shot with that PhotoCat website and their pencil sketch mode. Watchung Avenue in Plainfield.

Christmas year 'round?

Perhaps it's time for this house on East Second Street in Plainfield to be de-wreathed.

It MUST be spring!

I saw a worm in a puddle. Now, that's surely a sign that we're done with the cold temperatures!

Rollin' in the 'nip

I think he must try to absorb the catnip through his pores.

Happy cat

1 comment:

Palmaltas said...

Hope you're feeling better by the minute, Jackie. Love the photos--flowers and cars!