Since it is Sunday, that means it's time for my weekly off television topic reflections on the week gone by in both words and photographs I've taken along the way. I do plan to post some television stuff during the upcoming week even though The Amazing Race and Survivor are over for the season and the summer shows are yet to start. So, please check in for those!
Here are some random ramblings for you:
- I'm on a staycation. I really, really need it. I actually need more than just a staycation, but that's all I can get. I'm so tired all the time! Plus, I'm really grouchy and I don't like to be that way.
- On Thursday night I took a taxi home from the train station as I got home much later than I feel comfortable about hanging around on the downtown streets. (My neighborhood is fine; downtown can be scary at late night hours.) I went to the Yellow taxi across the street from the train station. They called an orange cab (Caribe) to take me home. That was weird.
- Speaking of dangerous, I heard on my scanner last night that three people were shot in town along with many other assaults. It happened at a festival held in a park. I don't go to that sort of thing here.
- I don't know what the theme is for autumn's Plainfield Library Photo Contest and can't find the information online. Hmm.
- Weather permitting, I hope to hit Mindowaskin Park in Westfield one day, perhaps head into the city (NYC) another and maybe even go to a farmer's market.
- I might just end up lazing about. Who knows?
|Pulling into Plainfield|
My train to work arrives at the station. Goody, goody.
|The Red Admiral butterfly|
He paused on a leaf just long enough for me to snag a quick rather not zoomed in photo.
|A last look at the signing on the bridge|
I thought the "Welcome to Plainfield NJ Transit - The Queen City" signing on the bridge over Watching Avenue was perfect.
|Goodbye "The Queen City"|
|Now it looks like this. Sigh.|
They left the Park Avenue bridge in this sort of state -- no signing, no "Welcome," no nothing. All kinds of generic, we're talking. What happened to pride in work, doing something extra, making something look nice?
|Parked around the corner|
Not only did people who park on my street have to find new parking places (or be towed) during the street repaving, the construction guys themselves were parking all kinds of odd stuff about the area.
|Bug on a leaf|
I have no idea what kind of bug this is. I do know that it's better that it's on a leaf than anywhere on me!
This is the rear entrance to the Islamic Center in Plainfield. Now, I know the religion is behind the men going in the front door, women a separate entrance. It reminds me of some of the schools I attended back in the early 60s with separate entrances for boys and girls. My question is ... why is there an apostrophe in "Sister's" and none in "Brothers"? I know there's more than one sister using that door!
|The repaving of East Front Street|
Although many city streets come to mind as needing repaving more, it was East Front all shut down and repaved last week. The difference is that East Front is a county road and this was a county project. It's all done now and looks so darn pretty!
|Reading real books on the train|
Yep, some people (including myself) are still into reading physically real books.
|Oh, to be a fly on the leaf|
Wait, no. That's supposed to be "a fly on the wall." Okay, fly. You're in the wrong place. But, no. Don't get on MY wall. I don't allow flies in my apartment. If you come in here, a certain attack cat will do you in!
The NJ Transit bus drivers seem to be able to put anything they want in that little corner lighted sign on the lower left of the windshield. Obviously, this was on a Friday. I've seen others as 0007 and 0069.
|Woman on the street|
I edited this shot to take it from color to what you see here. I kind of like how it turned out.
|Vincent with eyes wide shut|
Vincent will be pleased to have me around most of the week. Since he's so intent on being near me or on me when I'm home, I'm not sure what he does when I'm gone. He probably sleeps a lot. I'd get him a cat friend, but he doesn't get along well with other cats or dogs or mice, etc. Instead, he likes people. Ew! I refuse to get a people for him!