Wednesday, August 30, 2017

BB19: Power of Veto Show Blog Party - August 30


As the show airs here, I'll be live-blogging and constantly updating this entry -- refresh the page to get the latest! As always, the real party is in the comments area. Come join in on the fun! 

Do remember ... this is a television show. We have much more critical things affecting our lives than what stupidity and such these fools say and do in the house. And, with that in mind ... on with the show. 

Recap time. And we're reminded that Kevin is the odd man out. Of course. 

Jason tells us there is no backdoor plan for Kevin and that Matt is the target. Both Jason and Paul have Raven convinced she will be pulled off the block if someone wins veto. Jason also tells us he's wearying of protecting Kevin. 

Matt sincerely promises Raven that if he wins veto, he'll save her. I do believe he would. But his statement about her deserving to be in the game more? I personally don't think either was good casting this season -- both have been just having a summer vacation. 

Alex tries to convince Jason that Kevin is mean to everyone. She wants him out over Matt and Raven. 

Veto players picking time! Jason randomly picks Josh. Matt gets Paul. Raven gets Kevin. Ha. She didn't want Kevin! 

Paul tells us if he wins, he'll pull off Raven, Jason will put up Kevin and he (Paul) will stir the pot while keeping "squeaky clean." Jason doesn't feel right about the situation and claims (to us) that he needs to win the veto to keep the nominations the same. According to him, it was only a ruse they were pawns. He doesn't want Kevin out. At least, not this week.

The backyard has cabanas and new pool toys. It's the Hide a Veto comp during which they hide the vetoes and then go seek. The one hidden the best wins. This is the veto comp in which they destroy the house. They each get three minutes (separately) to hide their veto cards. Then they each have two minutes to find a veto. All of them go in separately and Jason was the first one to find one.

Heh. Raven finds Matt's veto. 

Kevin seems to be kvetching more than searching. Raven finds a second one. Remember -- it's not what they find, it's the one not found that wins. Matt finds one. Jason finds the fifth card.

The cards found in order:
1. Jason found Josh
2. Raven found Matt 
3. Raven found Kevin
4. Matt found Paul
5. Jason found Raven

As his card wasn't found, Jason wins the Power of Veto!

They returned to the trashed house. But, at least they have new pool toys! Alex thinks that Jason will put Kevin up. 

Kevin goes to talk to Jason. He asks if Matt goes out. Jason decides to ask of Kevin would be a willing pawn if he pulls Raven off. Kevin doesn't see the logic in the plan. He thinks someone else put a bug in Jason's ear (or so he tells us). He does not want to go on the block. Jason tells us he won't do it -- he considers Kevin his pal. Alex and Paul are not thrilled. Alex thinks that putting Kevin up would buy peace for the week. Jason is getting the idea that Paul and Alex actually want to vote Kevin out. 

Alex now wants Kevin out more than ever. She thinks Jason has gone rogue and is too chummy with Kevin. Christmas backs up Alex with Jason and talks about Matt and Raven's jury votes. Then Paul joins in on the talk. Jason talks to us about the mob tactics used this season in the house. At least he sees it exists. 

Veto meeting time.
Raven -- I trust you.
Matt -- At home on the block, please use on the little gypsy.

Jason -- Coming back to my core thoughts will work best. I've decided not to use the power of veto. Will entertain a question from you if you wish. Alex and Paul look ticked, perhaps more ticked than Matt.

Raven cries to us.

83 comments:

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks,

I haven't been watching but stopped by to catch up on Jackie's blog. Can't say I'm surprised by this. The bullying of Jody pretty much said all that needed to be said about this group. The fact that they will lack sportsmanship when they turn on each other is hardly a surprise.

Petals said...

Honey!!!! Hi. It's been a rough few days; glad to see you.

~*~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~*

Hello Jackie, Vincent & Everyone!
I have no food, only STELLA, b/c it's difficult to keep food down during the final leg of this dismal season, LOL!

Wonder what the edit will be?

Petals said...

Drinking word: TREJO!

Anonymous said...

Thought everyone would like to know that James Hurling from the last two seasons of Big Brother is rescuing people in texas. Nice to hear something postie about a past houseguest! There are two videos of him on Jokers. The 2nd one has him in a boat rescuing a man who says weren't you on Big Brother! Always did like him!

Reply

Glenn said...

Hi Jackie, Joe and Petals. It did show Jason tell raven he would pull one of them off.

Matt offering to sacrifice his game.

Petals said...

Again - the music & sound effects are hilarious

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Jackie and everyone! Petals can you pass me a Stella or 2 please! Been a jealous day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, everyone! Pinot Grigio tonight and pigs-in-a-blanket. Enjoy!!

Cheryl in NC said...

Haha...I hate freakin auto correct..helluva day..not jealous day...uggghh

Petals said...

Anon - I did see that James is in TX, helping Harvey victims. WTG James!!♥

SueGee said...

~~~~SPLASH~~~~~ Howdy everyone! And a special hello to Jackie who feels she has to tell it like it is!!! THANK-YOU

Squeegee from the LeftCoast

David said...

Hello everyone. =)

I saw what you mentioned about what Paul has planned for the next HOH Petals, just the fact that these dolts will probably go along with that shows just how bad the game play has been from all of them.

If we gave all of them a brain cell, they would all have one then.

Glenn said...

Hi Cheryl! How are you?

Petals said...

hi Cheryl, SueG, Dave, Anon, TBC & Glenn!

Petals said...

Does Matt think he will get a cereal endorsement or something? Uhm...no, Matt. Never.

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Glenn! Doing ok...rough day at work ..haha..went in early and got stuck there late..ugghh.Waiting on the rain to hit and hoping it doesn't wash out the game tomorrow night! Hope you are doing well!

SueGee said...

Pretty quiet in here tonight

Anonymous said...

Hi, Petals!!!

Petals said...

Desperate for attention & camera time, yet is walking on 1.5 knees and has just that many years to live?

SueGee said...

I made sweet potato fries tonight and I want more...

Petals said...

Does anyone know why Josh's dad is incarcerated?

Petals said...

they new about those condoms weeks ago...@@

Susan in MA said...

I really dislike Jason now. and all of them except Kevin. This BB is really a big disappointment.

monty924 said...

Hey everyone. Just finished dinner but I have BLTs left over.

Anonymous said...

Kevin, focus. Lol

Petals said...

Hey Monty!

SueGee said...

Hi Monty

Glenn said...

I like it they had the Cereal count at 725 for Matt!

monty924 said...

I still can't get over how trashed the house was last year with James playing. Who busts a carton of eggs looking for a veto CARD?

Petals said...

they must tell them to trash the house?

SueGee said...

Been busy today - gave all my airline miles to help volunteers get in and out of Houston, and then gave a donation to a pet rescue group. Wish I could do more!

SueGee said...

They have to clean it all up themselves too!! Not my favorite competition

Cheryl in NC said...

Awesome for you to do that squeegee!Seeing the devastation there really puts this silly game in perspective of what's important and what's not

Glenn said...

I am doing good Cheryl. I like that in a previous update I had suggested a cereal count for Matt. Then they do it.

monty924 said...

So fitting :))))

Anonymous said...

OMG! I would hate to clean that house!!

Petals said...

WTG Sue!

monty924 said...

That's awesome, SueGee!!!

SueGee said...

I'm flying again in October to my high school reunion. I think I will donate those miles to another charity...felt so right!

Susan in MA said...

Did anyone hear what Jason said to Alex about Kevin and his family?

SueGee said...

Monty - when is the big game this year? I will also be going to visit my sister in that state that starts with an M

monty924 said...

My brother lives in Kileen and was on the edge of the storm but he's fine and his home, have a friend who lives very close to Houston and is also okay and then family in Ft. Worth hundreds of miles from the storm. Happy that they are all safe and still praying for all those who weren't as fortunate.

monty924 said...

Paul hasn't!!!!!

David said...

This season wouldn't be so bad if they just had some game play. One person controlling the whole game makes it boring for me. I had the same thought about Derrick in his season. He did have more competition in the beginning than Paul and did not have production to help him in the beginning which made it better than these "people".

I now only watch to see if someone wakes up in there. I gave up watching BBAD and now just check here to get Jackie's condensed version of what is going on.

I still think production has recognized their mistakes and won't do anything like this again. (I hope) But it is too late to rescue this season for me.

SueGee said...

My friend in Houston is safe so far, but she pet sits and her charges had to be rescued. The cat is still missing

Petals said...

Sue - M? Michigan?

monty924 said...

That's exactly what they were going to do!

SueGee said...

Petals - Yep to the M

Susan in MA said...

I got rid of the feeds.

Anonymous said...

Tonight makes Jason lookalike the decent guy I believe he is. I don't know how the remarks that have made all the news in the past two days will be handled regarding Jason. We'll see tomorrow.

monty924 said...

Hey David

SueGee said...

I'll take the bait Susan. What did Jason say to Alex?

monty924 said...

SueGee, it's usually Thanksgiving weekend, but I haven't looked at the schedule. Tomorrow night is their opener. GO BUCKS!!! :)))

SueGee said...

I keep CBS streaming so I can watch the new Star Trek series and then The Good Fight when it finally has another season

monty924 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenn said...

WTG SuegeThat is a great idea about the donating the miles.e.

SueGee said...

I'll be there the middle of October...darn LOL

Anonymous said...

I wish Jason would distance himself from Alex

Cheryl in NC said...

Me too tbc

SueGee said...

It was real easy on Southwest to donate the miles. They have some great charities to choose from.

Petals said...

I hope Jason has more backbone than he lets on...

monty924 said...

This was the double team/triple team that I talked about the other night.

Anonymous said...

Monty, I was sweating during that exchange.

monty924 said...

November 25th, SueGee

Jackie S. said...

Is there any way we can keep this show post about the stuff on the show? Please? The feeding frenzy has taken over so many of the comments on the live feeds posts.

Cheryl in NC said...

Maybe Jason is wishing up to Paul and Alex..to little to late though.

SueGee said...

This group sure makes it easy to NOT like them!!

David said...

I want to see how Julie explains tomorrow night that Matt has racked up 278 penalty votes so there is no need for anyone to vote. Matt, you are evicted from the BB house.

Petals said...

...aaaannnnddd. a huge kerfuffle followed, where they both had MANY questions and ridiculous arguments.
Thanks Jackie!
Good to see everyone! ♥

Jackie S. said...

Mind you, it's not the personal bits you guys are sharing that I'm talking about.

Petals said...

no Trejo word? Guess we'll hear it tomorrow. Don't worry the bar is stocked.

David said...

Thanks Jackie. =)

Sorry about any conversation that was not this show related.

Everyone have a great night.

monty924 said...

The big fallout will be the majority of the show tomorrow night. Until then...

Thank you, Jackie. Everyone have a great evening.

Cheryl in NC said...

Thanks Jackie as always! You are the saving grace for this season.Goodnight all,see y'all tomorrow night!

Petals said...

OK. Gotcha.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting, Jackie. Always a pleasure !!

monty924 said...

Survivor Randy Bailey will be on RHAP recap show tonight. Should be starting soon...

monty924 said...

People will not recognize him. He looks like a mad scientist now, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5uERiGaOY

uncartie said...

We've wondered about Kevin's Wise Guy persona. Turns out his Dad was a major coke dealer sentenced to 10 yrs in prison...

Meet Andrew “The Cheese” Schlehuber
http://archive.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/08/12/cocaine_dealer_69_ordered_to_spend_decade_in_prison/

Judi Sweeney said...

I am so shocked that BB allowed Matt to keep breaking the rules without yanking him.... Unbelievable!

Nickelpeed said...

Just got watching Wednesday's episode. How long did it take these people to finish this veto competition? It seemed like it took forever. Those who had the feeds, how long did you have to wait for the feeds to come back on? I think they wanted to destroy the bedroom more than anything else.

I definitely remember James dumping the cereal all over the kitchen. Why I don't know. But the bedroom looked pretty bad. LOL.

I hadn't read anything Jason said, until I got home from work. Everyone had me wondering. I really don't know why he said it. But, honestly, I think it was because he was with Alex. For some reason, Alex and Paul bring out the worst in people. I don't understand Jason. He talks to Kevin all the time. Kevin thinks he's a good friend, but then Jason goes back and talks trash about him. I just think it's sad.

I wish I could be here tomorrow night. I was so busy Wed. night and couldn't even check the blog. I'm just glad they're getting rid of Matt. I wish they'd show the jury house!

Nickelpeed said...

SueGee, I think that's wonderful you donated your airline miles to a great cause. I feel so helpless. All I can do is send a donation or buy a pallet of water to be sent to Houston. I'm just glad most of these organizations make it easy to help.