Sunday, September 17, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - September 17, 2017

Good morning! Since it's a Sunday morning, this is my weekly off television topic post taking a look at the week gone by in both words and photographs I've taken along the way. This weekly post is done year in, year out. Big Brother, the main draw for so many of you, only lasts about three months -- although sometimes it seems to be a lifetime. If you're here solely for the BB posts, please feel free to skip this post. You can find my latest BB19 posts by using this link.

Well, normally I have photographs. Not so much so this week. As a matter of fact, not at all this week. I did take a few, not many as I took the week off and really didn't go anywhere. But I had some great shots of a bee on a flower and Vincent in an Amazon box.

Then I accidentally deleted them from the memory card this morning before uploading them to my computer. Unlike the computer itself with its Recycle Bin, I can't find any method of recovery.

That seems to be how life is going lately for me.

I've decided not to enter the local photography contest this year. The photos I've taken within the last two years aren't all that conducive to the theme of History, Art and Culture. Plus, a change in the criteria for judging seems to more into people posing for photos and even more candid type photos than the photography I do. I think of photography as art and the contest seems to be going in another direction.

Tomorrow I get to go back to work. Sigh.

Here's a shot of Vincent I took a few years ago ... 

 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

He's a handsome cat.

Nickelpeed said...

Having a picture of Vincent is fine by me. Such a handsome boy!! Wow, the week went by fast. Can't believe your vaca is over!!! Hope you're feeling better, Jackie.

Jackie, NC said...

Love reading your weekly post. Vincent is still as handsome now as he was back then.

Petals said...

Well, the one photo you gave us this week is worth ALL the photos in the contest: VINCENT!
His sweet, little face, the look of love in his eyes, his happiness is all evident. You & Vincent are both blessed to have one another.
Thank you Jackie!!!

Auntie Leigh said...

Aw......

Nickelpeed said...

I wish these blogs had like buttons! I'd click like on all of them!!! Petals, you are right! A picture of Vincent is worth more than all other photos!!