Sunday, November 12, 2017

Off Topic: That Was the Week It Was - November 12, 2017

Good morning! Since it's a Sunday morning, it's time for my off television topic reflection of the week gone by in both words and photos I've taken along the way. If you're not interested in either, please feel free to check out my previous and newer posts I will put up after this -- they will be television related! You can find my Survivor posts at this link.

Brr! Baby, it's cold outside! The past few days around here have had record low temperatures. To be honest, as long as I'm dressed for it, I don't mind the cold of winter (even though it's still fall) as much as I hate the heat and humidity of the summer. With the cold, you can layer up and dress for it. With the heat and humidity, taking your clothes off, you're still all sweaty. And, in my case, I'd be all sweaty with people laughing and pointing at me before the police hauled me away! 

I bought a nice new winter jacket a couple of weeks ago. It's been some years since my last winter jacket purchase. I think it's money well spent -- this one is quite warm and fits well. And, my heat is included in my rent at my apartment and I have control of it. It's cozy in here. In the summer, I have to pay for electricity, thus pay for air conditioning.

As I get older, I don't care so much for snow or ice, though. If we could harness it just so it would fall everywhere except roads and sidewalks, I'd be a happy camper. I still find snow breathtakingly beautiful. I just don't want to fall.

I had yesterday off from work, having requested it off as a personal day long ago. It was the day of the Plainfield Public Library Photo Contest. I ended up not entering this year. The theme for the year wasn't a great one for me and the change in judging criteria turned me off last year. I don't really do photos of people posing and smiling or just candid uncropped photos with half-people at the edges which seems to be the draw of judging now. I like to be more art-related in my photos and I guess that's out now. I'll think about next year, but will see what won prizes and honorable mentions versus what was entered this year once they release it online. I was thinking of going yesterday, but spent the majority of the day sleeping it away. I needed the rest.

All that said, my photos this week aren't all that artsy! But, here they are ...

Kodachrome ... brings the nice bright colors

Um. Of fall. Although these leaves are gorgeous on their own, I found a Kodachrome filter on my Google Nik photo editor brings out the colors even more.


I find it easier to take videos with my new phone rather than the camera. Here's a train going the other way at the Plainfield Train Station while I waited for my extremely late, almost time for the next train, to arrive on Friday.


Plotting to overthrow humanity

Soon all will be barren

Looking out on Watchung Avenue from the eastbound platform of the Plainfield Train Station.

**CLICK THE 'READ MORE' LINK TO SEE THE REST OF THE PHOTOS**

Peaking

Peeking at the peaking fall foliage on North Avenue in Plainfield.

Gossiping, for sure

He did what? When did that happen?

Excuse me, paparazzi --

Stop eavesdropping on us!

Definitely autumn ...

... at the Plainfield Train Station.

The thrill of another workday

Plainfield Train Station as the train comes in the distance.

'Tis the season for pine cones

Obviously urban pine cones, that is. It looks like I also captured a little drug baggie in the shot. Not mine!

In the hallway

Someone put flowers and a cup of coffee in front of the apartment door across the hallway from my own door. No one ever leaves me flowers and coffee. Sniffle. Saturday morning.

Rare single level train on RVL

I see this one at about 8:30am on weekdays. It comes from the direction of Newark/NYC, goes to the other side at the track crossing area just before the Plainfield Station. It then heads from Plainfield to Newark. I've noticed another single level train in the afternoons going through Bridgewater, heading out of Newark. Other than such a few selected runs, all have been double-deckers for going on nearly ten years or so now.

Vincent's latest box

He's decided the latest Amazon box is perfect. Well, until he can check out the next one that might arrive!

2 comments:

monica said...

Vincent looks so plush. And lazy.
Good photos. I like the pigeons!
Enjoy your day, Monica

Jackie S. said...

Thank you!