Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Survivor: Ghost Island - Blog Pool & Season Premiere Blog Party


It's here! A season made up purely of Survivor superfans and delving into the ghosts of the mistakes made by previous castaways! As tonight's two hour long season premiere airs, I'll keep up with things the best I can live blogging. It's hard in the beginning until I get to know the cast, so please bear with me. Refresh this page to get the latest news!

Lifeguard Laurie is once again in charge of the blog pool and here are the random picks --

Naviti
         Angela Perkins - monty924, Karen JC
         Bradley Kleihege - SueGee, Nana in the NW
         Chelsea Townsend - David, Merrilee
         Chris Noble - Petals, Ed in Ohio, ChicMc
         Desiree Afuye - Bizarro22, Karen in California
         Domenick Abbate - Donna in Alabama, Janice
         Kellyn Bechtold - Glenn Allen, Margo, Delee
         Morgan Ricke - Nickelpeed, Cheryl in NC
         Sebastian Noel - Indiana Jane, Shannon
         Wendell Holland - Skyriverblue, Jennasmom

Malolo

         Brendan Shapiro - Martha Light, Rochelle
         Donathan Hurley - Becky, Terry is a Texan!
         Jacob Durwin - Auntie Leigh, Jackie
         James Lim - TS14Fan, Krysta Gibson
         Jenna Bowman - Brian, Judi Sweeney
         Laurel Johnson - Judi Sweeney, PDX Granny
         Libby Vincek - tbc, jennifer, Laurie
         Michael Yerger - Sharon N., Tammy
         Stephanie Gonzalez - Donna in FL, Kristen from Ohio
         Stephanie Johnson - Brenda, Rbennie

  
Survivor fans ready?

The graveyard for bad decisions. The new bunch have to find the idols and other things to survive the mistakes of the past. Jeff tells them that one bad decision can haunt them forever. They will have the chance to reverse the curse of a previous bad decision. Right decision at the right time.

They must select one person to represent their tribe. Malolo -- chose Brendan. Naviti chose Chris.

Must pick the person best to do the physical part -- Michael and Lairel for Malolo. Sebastion and Desiree for Naviti.

Dig up keys, solve puzzle.

Less rice than any previous season, will have fishing kit. Winning tribe gets a shelter building kit, loser has fishing gear taken away. If the leader thinks the puzzle person isn't going to make it they can forfeit giving up eggs and flint. 

Naviti forfeited. They keep their fishing gear. Malolo gets the shelter. Did Chris blow his game by calling the forfeit? 

I realize I'm being quiet. They're all introducing themselves to each other as they get shelters together. Chris and Sebastian have bonded early as have Dohnathan and Laurel on the other tribe. Domenick, I think it is, has already rubbed people the wrong way with his construction direction -- Sebastian and Chris have him in their sights.

Jacob, worried that he'll be a target, makes himself a target by going off to search for an idol. 

When Dom hears that Sebastian mentioned his name as a possible target, he automatically assumed it had something to do with Chris. Y'see, when Jeff asked the tribe at the challenge if Chris made a mistake by forfeiting it, Dom was the only one who said he did. 

Time for the first Immunity Challenge -- racing over a net bridge, loosen ropes, pull sled, puzzle. Ghost Island is in play. Someone from the losing tribe will be sent there.

NAVITI wins Immunity! Plus they get a flint. Naviti gets to choose who from Malolo to Ghost Island -- they choose Jacob. He is also immune from being voted out at the first Tribal. 

Jacob is at Ghost Island. Many original Survivor relics. He gets a clue to follow the fire. Game of Chance - a secret advantage or lose your vote. He gets a secret advantage -- Legacy Advamtage. Sierra made an error with it. Jacob can restore the power by willing it to a person on the other side. He tells us he will will it to Morgan and reverse the curse. 

Dhonathan wants Gonzalez out and vice versa.

First Tribal Council. Time for Jeff and his Probsting questions to get them riled up. Hmm. Gonzalez gets up and whispers to one guy and whispers all around. Dhonathan isn't whispering and seems sure he's the target.

The tally:
Dhon, Gonzalez, Gonzalez, Gonzalez, Gonzalez, Gonzalez ...

Gonzalez is the first person voted out! Good. She was pushy and arrogant. She might be physically stronger than Dhonathan, but I like their decision. 

Meanwhile, Dom goes looking for an idol in the dark. And ... he finds one! It's the idol Andrea was voted out with in her pocket. Can he reverse the curse? 

Morgan received the Legacy Idol. She knows Sierra blew it by talking. Jacob makes a fake idol and hopes it can pass it off as found on Ghost Island.

Jacob returns to his tribe. He's surprised that Gonzalez is gone. He shows them his fake idol. He tells them he will play it at the next Tribal no matter what because he doesn't want to be "Idol Guy." He thinks they believe him. They don't -- they think they'll play along with him and vote him out. They aren't really sure, though.  

Dom tried to make amends with Chris, but is leery. Dom decides to make a fake idol and put it with the note to get Chris's trust. He even promises to give him the (fake) idol if he needs it. Now Chris is leery and doesn't trust him. 

Ohh .. no Reward Challenges. It's the Immunity Challenge. Water and shooting baskets. Reward is chairs, pillows, blankets and sending a loser tribe person to Ghost Island. Angela sits out.

James can't go under enough to release buoys. Dhonathan just sat there. Now he's trying. He got them!

NAVITI wins their second Immunity. They send Dhonathan to Ghost Island. 

Dhonathan is on the island. He got a dud message smashing his urn. Back at camp, James tells them the loss is on him. But, of course, they still want Jacob out. Stephanie works on Jacob. What a fool! He trusts her and tells her the idol isn't real, plus he tells her the Legacy Advantage went to Morgan. Fool. He deserves to go home. Now she wants to work with him. Hmm. Jacob told her that he wants to target Michael. Hmm. Now they're talking flipping the vote. But Michael and Brendan are worried there might be a flip.

Tribal Council Number Two for the night. More whispering.

The tally:
Michael, James, Jacob, James, Jacob, Jacob, Jacob.

Jacob is gone. 

Whoa -- drop your buffs next week?!?!

239 comments:

1 – 200 of 239   Newer›   Newest»
Laurie said...

Ready on the west coast!!

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~*~

HELLO Jackie, Vincent, Lifeguard Laurie & Everyone! xoxo

I brought a case of cool STELLLLAAAAA and a big birthday cake for TBC!
Happy Birthday, Teeb! 🎁️🎉🎂️🎈🥂

Survivors ready!?!

SueGee said...

Ready on the LeftCoast :o)

monty924 said...

Woohoo!!! The Survivor pool is open and feeling fine. Thanks Laurie and Jackie!

We have a birthday girl in the house tonight. I brought Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing for "tbc". HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Petals said...

Hi Laurie! Miss you, never see you 🙁
How are you? Hope all is well...

SueGee said...

Hi to Jackie & Vincent, Laurie & Petals

I made 15 bean soup and have a big loaf of sourdough bread!!

Squeegee

monty924 said...

Hey Petals and SueGee

monty924 said...

I'm really curious about this Ghost Island theme

Petals said...

Monty - cupcakes, mmmm great idea!

SueGee said...

Hey Monty!! And hi to all that sneak in while I type!!

Happy Birthday TBC!!!!

monty924 said...

Classic... It's a STICK

Petals said...

I wouldn't mind being haunted by the ghost of Ozzie!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Laurie and Monty and SueGee and all who follows. Jeff said in an interview with Andrea they will get half the rice of previous seasons. Half of what Drs say they need to survive. Jeff said its to see if they will vote out an Ozzie type player since they need outside food.

SueGee said...

I forgot to watch the video of the players.... Super Fans?? they should know the history!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Hi Vincent! Thank you for hosting us!

I have been waiting for this for a long time!!!

Hi Lauie, Monty, Petals, and SueGee!

Wow no long boat ride. Thank God!!!

Kristen from Ohio said...

Hello all! So excited! Rooting for Jacob! :)

Petals said...

I have Chris Noble in the pool, hope he'c cool

SueGee said...

I have Bradley. The only Bradley I have ever known was the class screw-up in grade school. That was back when they still paddled you as punishment...

Petals said...

Brendon seems older, so I like him.

Petals said...

Went with Laurel b/c she has glasses? LOL

Sebastian! My son is named Sebastian!

Petals said...

Squeeg - some kids still need paddling, but they can't do it anymore. LOL

monty924 said...

I'm going blind too, SueGee. I don't know anything about any of these folks. I haven't even looked at my pool pick, LOL

Kristen from Ohio said...

Jacob is a friend of my daughter. They went to Kent State together and worked on the school news magazine together.

SueGee said...

Monty you have Angela Perkins

monty924 said...

It's a Survivor party up in here. Hi Glenn, Penny and Kristen

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny! hi Kristen!This was what jeff said in interview about the food!

monty924 said...

Thanks, Squeege. Now I have to figure out who she is. :)))

SueGee said...

Always neat to know someone or have a connection to them

Petals said...

wow - Sebastian is doing well (he'll be a target tho, 🙁)

Laurie said...

Hi Petals. Last season I had a Wednesday night class so I couldn't be here. This season I can be around more! I'm doing well. Retirement suits me.

Petals said...

Kristen - Neato!!!

monty924 said...

Aww, I didn't like that :(((

Kristen from Ohio said...

We are beyond excited.

Petals said...

Lucky Laurie - enjoying retirement👍

Petals said...

Happy Birthday TEEEEEEB!!!!!

Nickelpeed said...

That was sad. The other group wasn't doing any better.

Glenn Allen said...

I have Keylnn1 My tribe with a disadvantage!

Petals said...

Donathan needs subtitles!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hello Everyone!!!!!

monty924 said...

Ah, Angela Perkins is from Cincinnati and an Army vet. I like my pick this season!

Nickelpeed said...

My pool pick is Morgan on the losing tribe.

tbc said...

Thanks, Petals!!

Nickelpeed said...

Dominick is bossy!

monty924 said...

Hey Homie!!!

Kristen from Ohio said...

I have Stephanie. My family does a pool and I have Morgan in that one, and of course rooting for Jacob also.

Petals said...

Sebastian has an Ozzie look... I like it. But he is being too visible, I fear that will backfire on him.

Petals said...

We'll root for Jacob for you, too Kristen.

tbc said...

Thank you, SueGee!!

Glenn Allen said...

kellyn is a counselor. Hopefully she will get along with people. It looks like my tribe has a fisherman.

Ed in Ohio said...

I have Chris Noble & didn't understand his decision on the challenge.

Petals said...

Seriously? My pool guy and my crush are already bromancing? Guess I can kiss them goodbye.

tbc said...

Thank you, Monty!! That’s so sweet!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hey Homie back @ ya'

Petals said...

Chris is very pretty

tbc said...

Thank you! So sweet!!

Ed in Ohio said...

Happy Birthday tbc !!

Petals said...

♫♪♫♪♪ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday, dear Tee-eeeb
Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫♪♫♫♪

Make a wish!

tbc said...

Thanks all for the birthday love ❤️❤️🎂🎉😘

Kristen from Ohio said...

Thanks, Petal! I'm so nervous for him

Nickelpeed said...

Me neither, Ed. The other team wasn't doing any better.

He must not know anything about beaches.

tbc said...

Lost his shoes! Ugh

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Ed! What does everyone think about only half the Rice of previous seasons. Jeff in his interview with Andrea said it was to force people to get their own food and to see if the tribes vote out their food gatherer/ He said it will be half of what the Medical team says is needed to survive. I hope we will not have medical problems.

Nickelpeed said...

I meant the guy who just had his shoes washed away. LOL

Kristen from Ohio said...

Oh, Jacob:(

Nickelpeed said...

Me, neither, Glenn. It could cause an emergency.

OMG. I do not like this guy. So he pours it back in. That's horrible.

Kristen from Ohio said...

He's playing too hard right off the bat.

Petals said...

uhoh, Kristen - he is the one who lost his shoes?? Oh no. Sorry, maybe they will keep him b/c he's an easy target? He needs to fly lower.

Nickelpeed said...

I like Wendall.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Penny, Yea I didn't get that either

Petals said...

Sebastian is Metrosexual Ozzie. LOL Know what I mean?

Glenn Allen said...

Happy Birthday TBC! I can't believe the Guy puts the Rice in his dirty sock.

Nickelpeed said...

If they saw what he did, they'd vote him off. Pouring the rice in to a worn sock, then pouring it back out is horrible. Very low.

Nickelpeed said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tbc!!! How's it been so far?

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Glenn, With 1/2 rice just gonna' make it harder

Nickelpeed said...

HA!! My husband won't kiss me goodnight because I ate tuna salad. He hates tuna! LOLOLOL I say the same when he eats onions on anything!

monty924 said...

I totally missed the sock thing. Had to leave the computer for a while. Oh well, I always go back and watch the show after we blog here anyway. Miss too much, LOL

Kristen from Ohio said...

My daughter is yelling at the TV 📺! Oh, Jacob noooooooo.

Nickelpeed said...

I hope Jacob doesn't steal the food. That would be even lower.

tbc said...

Been a great day, thanks!!

monty924 said...

I can't wait to see what Ghost Island has to offer/play in this season

Nickelpeed said...

I hope Taavivi (sp?) wins. I don't want my girl to go home.

SueGee said...

A co-worker of mine was on the show and I bet his "mistake" makes their list...

tbc said...

Great challenge!

Petals said...

c'mon purple!

SueGee said...

So are they telling you how Ghost Island is going to work? Chance(s) to get back into the game?

Petals said...

Chris is not exactly coordinated, is he?

Nickelpeed said...

That is a touch challenge. I just hope whoever wins doesn't vote out all the women. It'd be stupid to vote out a big tough guy, though.

Nickelpeed said...

YES!!!

SueGee said...

Big tough guys eat more than the women

monty924 said...

Naviti, Penny. We're on the same tribe!

Glenn Allen said...

My aLdy Kellyn is taking Charge with the puzzle. She wins immunity!

Nickelpeed said...

OMGosh! Jacob looks like he almost had heat stroke!

That's the trick

jennifer said...

Hi all! Late start. I was walking my dogs... splash cheering for Granny!!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Dang, he's safe. LOLOLOL. They probably do not like it.

monty924 said...

Hi Jennifer

Nickelpeed said...

Now we get to see what's at Ghost Island and see how it works.

Glenn Allen said...

The big talker who lost his shoes and does the Rice gets to go to ghost island. He is making himself a big target.

Delee said...

Thank you Lifeguard Laurie for adding me since I replied late. <3

Nickelpeed said...

Thanks Monty. I knew I spelled it wrong.
SueGee, you're right, big men do eat more. But will they look at that?

Petals said...

hey Deleee!!!!! Good to see you!

Glenn Allen said...

Jeff told Andrea it will have some are you feeling lucky notes. He said they can try to find the old original relics. he said it could be the same advantage or improved.

Petals said...

Hey Jennifer!

Which one is Jacob?

Delee said...

Hey Petals plus everyone else.

Nickelpeed said...

Monty, the sock thing was horrible. Not only did he have his dirty feet in them, he had lost his shoes and so they were dirty, too. He poured the rice in one of them to see if there was a clue in it, then poured it back in to the bottle. Nobody saw him. I wish they had.

Petals said...

I say it every season and I have to mention it again - the photography is amazing!!

Ghost Island is - wait for it - AMAZING!!!! How cool! As a fan, he must be digging this.

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, Jacob is on Ghost Island.

monty924 said...

Interesting... he gets a secret advantage

Nickelpeed said...

Okay, it looks like he's going to be the one who is very lucky this game.

Petals said...

wow - Kristen you must be screaming now.

Petals said...

Monty - I'm liking the Ghost theme so far! Very interesting!

Nickelpeed said...

But, what if it means she can't vote?

Petals said...

Gonzalez can go. now. please.

Nickelpeed said...

SueGee, don't tell me your co-worker was Erik??? LOL

Glenn Allen said...

He gets the secret advantage but gives it to Andrea1 This having to bet to get a chance for an advantage!

Petals said...

She has a Freddie Mercury mouth

Kristen from Ohio said...

I can hardly watch, Petals. He's playing too hard on my opinion.

Petals said...

Yes - get rid of HER!

Nickelpeed said...

Glenn, I just hope the advantage is an advantage.

monty924 said...

Donathon is from the tri-state. One of my 'local' affiliates just had him on a commercial. I promise that I DO NOT talk or sound like him, lol. No offense to the Appalachian accent, BUT I don't sound like that, LOL!

Jackie S. said...

I know Sue's co-worker and he was a favorite of mine.

Nickelpeed said...

I love Young Sheldon. It's hilarious!

SueGee said...

No Penny, it was Yau-Man and he gave a guy the truck he won in exchange for them not voting him out but the guy still voted him out! (and kept the truck)

monty924 said...

The other advantages will be all kinds of things that past players blew. He got the the Legacy so he had to give it to someone from the other tribe. Let's see how it works out for him.

SueGee said...

He is a really nice guy Jackie...still goes to a lot of the Survivor get-togethers around the country

Nickelpeed said...

Well, I'm from NY. I've been away for 40 years; and I still sound like a New Yorker. LOL

Glenn Allen said...

That is very true Penny. Hopefully it helps Morgan and doesn't cost her. They should get rid of Gonzalez!

Sharon N said...

Hi everyone!!
As usual, I'm late to the party, but the show is just getting started in MST.

Petals said...

yikes, there is this whispering thing again? I don't like that.

Petals said...

and I dont' like Gonzo!

jennifer said...

Argh! I can’t read all the posts because I’m behind!! Not next week!! To my peeps on Granny’s team, will see you next week!! Now, I can’t remember who granny is from the bio’s hehe! I’m still watching 😄 I will be reading all the posts afterwards!

tbc said...

I’m still not sure who Libby is...

monty924 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ed in Ohio said...

I don't care for the way Jeff Probst 'steers' the tribal conversations

Nickelpeed said...

Oh SueGee, I love Yua-Man! When he gave that truck away, I knew they were going after him. A lot say that anyone who ever won the vehicle, was voted out. I think it's true. I think it was sweet for him to give it to Dreamz though; but he had to know he was a target.

Petals said...

Hey Sharon!

Nickelpeed said...

I do not either, Ed. My husband always tells him to shut up. And, he's surprised somebody hasn't smacked him yet.

monty924 said...

He survived

Petals said...

LOL Monty - Call me and I'll tell you if you sound like Don! bwhahaha


YYYAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

Ding-Dong that witch is dead! BYE FELICIA! Smart play, getting rid of that controlling meanie!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sharon! It looks like Gonzales trying to backstab Donavan got blindsided.

Petals said...

yeeps Domenick standing over the sleepers was ... creepy.

monty924 said...

First Idol FOUND

Nickelpeed said...

I knew a guy from Kentucky and you could barely understand him, his Appalachia accent was strong!! But I've known people from Eastern Ohio who had strong W. Virginian accents.

monty924 said...

LOL, Petals. Trust me... I DO NOT :)))

Nickelpeed said...

My girl Morgan!!!!

Petals said...

I am really liking the Ghost theme. What about you guys?

There is birthday cake & yummy cupcakes on the bar - dig in!

Petals said...

For late arrivals - today is TBC's birthday.

Petals said...

Kristen - he's being smart. When he gets back, he needs to SHUT UP & LAY LOW!

Glenn Allen said...

I like it that Andreas idol was found. Jeff had mentioned to Andrea about her idol being back.

Nickelpeed said...

I've tried SO hard to lose my accent. Being military and traveling from place to place, I never got rid of it. Even with 2 tours, back to back, in the South, I never got rid of it. And, believe me, I wanted it to go. I've been picked on all my time in the military, except at Plattsburgh, NY and in California.

Kristen from Ohio said...

Oh, Petals, from your lips to God's ears, I'm praying he starts playing smarter.

Nickelpeed said...

He won't though, Petals. I bet he's the type of guy who can't shut up.

Glenn Allen said...

Andrea asked Jeff what he thought when he loses control. He said he loves it. That it would be great if he was not needed. Jeff said his job is to help stir things up if the tribal is not progressing.

jennifer said...

Oops, I think I have Libby

Jackie S. said...

While the show is going fast enough, I had really hoped after CelebBB not to do this for two hour shows! Gah!

monty924 said...

Ewww - BATS :(((

Petals said...

Ooooo. He just made a mistake. yeeps

Nickelpeed said...

He's kind of arrogant, isn't he?

Petals said...

uhoh - Blue Eyes knows.

Nickelpeed said...

Not, Jacob, but the "leader" of the group.

Petals said...

That water is amazing. Looks like a swimming pool.

SueGee said...

Should be and hour show from now on right? Until the finale?

Petals said...

Meanwhile, in BroVille...

monty924 said...

Penny, I've had several friends from the Cleveland area (no offense, Homie, lol) who sound like they are from NY. It's a distinct accent for sure. I also have one good friend who moved here from NY and has no accent at all. I think it's more familial and cultural than just geography.

Petals said...

ACK! That was so sad! I thought the crabs were flirting, then it turned ugly! 😢sad.

Nickelpeed said...

I'm not sure if I trust Domenick.

Petals said...

wow! Smart, Dom.

Ed in Ohio said...

Fake idols & more fake idols!

Nickelpeed said...

I agree, monty. Not every New Yorker has an accent. It's just the different areas.

monty924 said...

I think so, Squeegee

Kristen from Ohio said...

Two hours is long, although it is moving along nicely.

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, Petals, Dom is playing smart. But will it last?

Petals said...

uhoh. No one that ever labeled THEMSELVES as the "leader" ever made it very far. Ego much?
Guess my pool boy needs a bite of humble pie.

Nickelpeed said...

I just want my girl Morgan to stay safe.

Petals said...

Penny, Chris is wise to him, but too unsure to make a move. Could go either way.

Jackie S. said...

Sue - It will be an hour weekly. My surgery, as long as insurance approves and I make it through the pre-op testing, is scheduled for Survivor night two weeks from now.

Glenn Allen said...

Penny I like morgan also. I have Kellyn. She has been quiet except when doing the Puzzle. Hopefully our tribe wins again.

Nickelpeed said...

I hope there's very little pain, Jackie. And, I hope it brings you much relief.

tbc said...

That challenge looks fun

Ed in Ohio said...

No offense taken Monty & I agree with your take on accents

SueGee said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Jackie! You don't need any more delays

monty924 said...

Jackie, you've been in my thoughts. I hope and pray that your surgeon can give you relief from the pain. I've been with my SO through two of his spinal surgeries and he's had so much success and relief from both of them. Positive thoughts your way!! <3

Nickelpeed said...

That's not good for Malolo

Petals said...

wow - how do you go on Survivor if you can't swim???

Nickelpeed said...

Yikes, she's falling out!!! LOL

Petals said...

c'mon Don!

SueGee said...

Can't swim - go on Survivor. Can't drive stick? go on TAR. Got a big mouth? go on BB

jennifer said...

I know I’m behind, but I have never seen anyone go around whispering in ears at tribal!!!

monty924 said...

Yay, PURPLE

Nickelpeed said...

Wow. That's great! Probably save Chris.

Petals said...

BWHAHAHAAA Sue!

They'd better not vote Dom

Glenn Allen said...

My tribe is safe!

Nickelpeed said...

Jennifer, they did it a lot at the last Survivor.

monty924 said...

Donathan safe this tribal :))

SueGee said...

Jennifer - it started last season! There is a rule that they can't talk when they are going to and from TC, but I guess they feel the need once they get there!

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh. Who will go? James or Jacob?

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

monty924 said...

Lol, SueGee. You're right!

Kristen said...

I think it will be Jacob.

monty924 said...

Hi Joe... what does you accent say about you, lol? Just a comment thread here tonight :)))

monty924 said...

*theme - not thread

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 239   Newer› Newest»