Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Survivor: Ghost Island - Blog Party - March 7

Just a word of warning -- right now my area is having a severe winter storm. Trees, power poles and power lines are down all around me. If I disappear from posting, I have not died and there's no need to contact the authorities. It just would mean I've lost my power.

That said ...


Drop your buffs tonight? On the second/third episode? (Since it was basically two episodes in the season premiere and we lost two castaways.) Really? We're going to have to see how this all goes down!

Standing with our usual practice of reassigning pool folks who lost their hopes and dreams on the first night, Lifeguard Laurie reassigned those who had Gonzalez and Jacob because both of them went. My pool dude Jacob was getting on my nerves anyway! Laurie rocks like that. So, here's the blog pool update:

Malolo
         Brendan Shapiro - Martha Light, Rochelle
         Donathan Hurley - Becky, Terry is a Texan!
         James Lim - TS14Fan, Krysta Gibson
         Jenna Bowman - Brian, Judi Sweeney
         Laurel Johnson - PDX Granny, Donna in Fl
         Libby Vincek - tbc, jennifer, Laurie
         Michael Yerger - Sharon N., Tammy
         Stephanie Johnson - Brenda, Rbennie, Kristen from Ohio


Naviti
         Angela Perkins - monty924, Karen JC
         Bradley Kleihege - SueGee, Nana in the NW, Auntie Leigh
         Chelsea Townsend - David, Merrilee
         Chris Noble - Petals, Ed in Ohio, ChicMc
         Desiree Afuye - Bizarro22, Karen in California
         Domenick Abbate - Donna in Alabama, Janice
         Kellyn Bechtold - Glenn Allen, Margo, Delee
         Morgan Ricke - Nickelpeed, Cheryl in NC
         Sebastian Noel - Indiana Jane, Shannon, Jackie
         Wendell Holland - Skyriverblue, Jennasmom


Torchless

Stephanie Gonzalez
Jacob Derwin

Survivor fans ready? Eighteen are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

As they return, James is so relieved not to have been voted out. But he still feels bad about doing so horribly at the challenge.

It's right to Immunity? Drop your buffs! Switching tribes! Jeff passes out covered buffs. No challenge just yet -- they're off to their new (for some) camps.

Purple is Naviti, Orange is Malolo.

I'm not going to get this new tribes down live.

The original members of the tribes are pretty much equally split with the old. There is only about a one person advantage with the splits.

Sebastian, now Malolo, sees four old Naviti tribe members with him. Brendan isn't thrilled with the swap and think the other tribe members from Naviti whine too much. Domenick and his nemesis Chris are on the same tribe together still. Heh. Chris is telling everyone that Domenick has an idol and they need to get him out. That might not be the best thing to do!

Stunning scenery! Stephanie also thinks the Naviti people are whiners. Stephanie and Jenna run off looking for an idol. On the other tribe the Old Malolo Four go searching for an idol. Michael finds James's original China Immunity Idol that he went home with in his pocket, along with a second idol.  Now Michael has the chance to reverse the curse.

Libby and Morgan are bonding. Y'know ... it's really hard to keep up with who's whom after just the premiere show (although two hours) and now the tribe switching tonight! Gah. Of course, throw in there that I have trouble siting and my spine surgery is a week away ... GAH! 

Now it's time for the Immunity Challenge -- race through ramp walls, dig up a tall ladder, someone has to go up the ladder, unravel rope, use rope to pull up to platform. puzzle. Reward is a tarp. Again, Ghost Island in effect. 

Malolo wins Immunity rather easily. Oh, geez. They can't decide and now they want to draw rocks! Chris draws the white rock and will go to Ghost Island. There goes the chance for Domenick to get him out of the game. 

On Ghost Island, Chris hopes they will still get rid of Dom. He drew a break of a No Game Today urn. He breaks down and cries. At least he's doing that away from his tribe! 

Wendell and Angela talk. Angela wants Libby out. Now Wendell wants Angela out and new alignment with the former people. Now Dom is showing the fake idol and telling the others it's fake. And, of course, he's saying that's why Chris is after him. James is suspicious that Dom might have a real one. Now Morgan's name is being brought up as a target. These folks are all over the place.

Tribal Council time. This tribe is actually a four/four from their original tribes with Chris on Ghost Island. Jeff is asking his Probsting questions about the cohesiveness of the originals, ties and such.

The tally: No one plays an idol.

Libby, Angela, Angela, Angela, Morgan, Morgan, Morgan, Motgan

Morgan is voted out. What will she do with the Legacy Advantage? Wasn't she the one who had it? 

Ah, she's willing it to Domenick and she hopes it's not a curse.

My power remained on for this, yay!

121 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and all who follows. I had my tooth pulled about 4 hours ago so trying to keep up with everything1

Petals said...

Hi Jackie, Vincent & everyone. I'm v tired, will hold out as long as i can.

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Hi Vincent! Hi Petals! Thank you, Jackie. Appreciate you blogging for us!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe!

jennifer said...

Hi all! Glenn, speedy recovery!

Petals said...

How bad was the storm today, Jackie?

Petals said...

Glenn - nothing thru a straw!!! No smoking!

jennifer said...

Chris is getting on my nerves, coming in way to strong

Petals said...

Chris is kind of a jerk, isn't he?

monty924 said...

Hi everyone. Glenn I hope you get some rest tonight without too much pain!!

Petals said...

jinx, Jennifer, LOL

Nickelpeed said...

It would be so easy for one of them, Chris or Dominick, to talk to the newbies to get them to vote their way. So, I'm betting Chris goes, since nobody is listening to him.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Petals and Monty! Hi Penny and Jennifer!

Petals said...

Monty! Did you get any bad weather today?

Petals said...

JOE!!!!!!! hi How are the babies?

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Storm still going on. Power outages, trees down, poles down all around me. I put a warning on the blog that if I disappear, my power went out.

Laurie said...

Hello from San Diego! I hate when they drop their buffs and it's much harder to figure it out when we don't really know who anyone is. *sigh*
No snow here but no show, either. Just clouds and a gas leak down the freeway a bit. Yep, 20" gas pipe accidentally hit by a construction contractor on one of the busiest freeways. Big evacuation area but we aren't in that zone. What a mess!
Okay, back to the show ... I still haven't seen last week's 2 shows so I'm really behind.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn, hope you start feeling better soon. Hi Jennifer. Hi Monty.

Petals said...

YAY! New season of Sneaky Pete.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Laurie. A gas leak? UGH!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Everyone!

Chris is my pool guy but he's coming on WAY too strong!

Jackie what's the old saying? "March comes in like a lion...goes out like a lamb" Hope the storm blows over quickly.

Petals said...

awww, sorry Jackie. I hope your power holds on!

Nickelpeed said...

Stay safe, Jackie. Wow, the wind is that bad? Horrible. I hope everyone is okay.

monty924 said...

Best wishes coming your way Jackie. It completely missed us, Petals. Just a little rain overnight and cold temp today. No snow or wind - thank goodness.

Petals said...

Hey Ed, Chris is my pool guy, too. He needs to chill.

Petals said...

We've had less than 1" of snow in 2017-2018. I feel like I'm living in Alabama again. :(

Petals said...

oh, these kids make me feel so old, LOL

tbc said...

Hi all! Lots of snow here!!

Marybeth said...

Be safe Jackie!

Petals said...

Chris is a dicktator. (misspelling intended)

Ed in Ohio said...

Yea Petals our pool boy is being too aggressive. A 'chill pill' might help but I doubt it.

monty924 said...

I've had enough snow this year. Nothing like we got a few years ago but enough for me for this season. Living on a hill isn't pleasant when we get a medium or big snow. Pretty, but not pleasant, LOL

David said...

Hello everyone =)

Got a lot of baked potato's over at the bar with all the fixin's fresh from Idaho. Just flew home from there last night. Glad that job is done. Dig in.

monty924 said...

Howdy, homie!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I don't understand why they don't stick together. It would be so easy to vote the newbies off. But, they're going to try to aim at the newbies to get their own people out. Dumb.

Joe in NY said...

Babies are good. How are you, Petals?

monty924 said...

Hi David. Yummy... I'm making a loaded potato with cheese, bacon and sour cream. Mmmmmm

Nickelpeed said...

"Dicktator" hahahahahaha Petals, that was good. He just hates Dominick so much, he can't see past his nose. Kind of sad.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hey Homie! Me too, had some really heavy wet snow the other day but nothing recently just cold.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Laurie thanks Petals. The old Navita 5 on the new tribe are feeling to comfortable and complaining. Chris and dom are still feuding!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi David, I love baked potatoes

Judi Sweeney said...

Hey Jackie and everyone! Swapping already! Wow!!!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Heavy wet snow and ice - over a foot plus wind. Grounds were already saturated from nor'easter on Friday.

Ed in Ohio said...

Baked potato with lots of butter for me!

jennifer said...

That’s a tall puzzle, love the challenges on this show!

Nickelpeed said...

That's kind of like American Ninja Warrior.

jennifer said...

It’s starting like Ninja warrior, come on Libby!!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Marybeth and David. This challenge looks difficult

Judi Sweeney said...

I hope the surgery goes great Jackie and finally gives you some relief!

David said...

Prayer's for you Jackie on your surgery being a complete success. =) I had laser surgery on my back back in the 90's and I am sooooooo thankful I did.

Nickelpeed said...

This is a cool challenge. A mixture of ANW and Spartan. Love this.

Petals said...

If I squint, I can imagine Sebastian being Ozzy. *sigh*

David said...

One spud drowning in butter delivered to Ed, =)

Nickelpeed said...

I hope purple is not losing on purpose just to get rid of Chris.

monty924 said...

Not good for my tribe/girl

Petals said...

Is Bash on the winning tribe?

Nickelpeed said...

YES!!!

monty924 said...

Chris going to Ghost Island. He's safe

Ed in Ohio said...

Thanks David! =)

Chris lives to play another day

Glenn Allen said...

My lady still safe and now a tarp! They can't decide. Chris gets a break. Dom was going to send Dom but not unanamous1

Joe in NY said...

Conveniently, Chris goes to Ghost Island. That messes things up a bit.

Petals said...

damn.
On that, I have to go to bed. Miss you guys. Teeb & Jackie, be careful in the weather.

XOXOX.

Nickelpeed said...

LOLOLOL. They need to put Chris and Dominick in a corner and let them duke it out.

Nickelpeed said...

Sleep well Petals.

Jackie S. said...

Who's Bash?

Nickelpeed said...

I don't like the way Chris is being so domineering, but he has actually come in handy when it comes to power. I just want my girl Morgan to be safe.

jennifer said...

Goodnight 💤 Petals!

tbc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
monty924 said...

I think she means Sebastian, Jackie.

Night Petals. Your pool boy is safe.

tbc said...

G’night, Petals!!

Nickelpeed said...

I think it's Sebastian Noel, Jackie.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jennifer for the good wishes. Jackie I hope your surgery goes well!

Nickelpeed said...

Do they have to knock these tiles in order? Or can they break any of them?

Ed in Ohio said...

Chris has a softer side....who knew?

monty924 said...

I wondered that too, Penny. I'd say in order since that's how they've done them so far but who knows?

Nickelpeed said...

I kind of wish he had found something. I know he's a dicktator, but you know?

Nickelpeed said...

I think loyalty is better, too.

jennifer said...

Not Libby!!!

monty924 said...

Now my girl is on the radar... ACK

jennifer said...

Blindside, yes!!

Nickelpeed said...

I'm sorry, I think Dominick is just as bad as Chris.

Nickelpeed said...

Nooooooooo, not Morgan!!

monty924 said...

Oh, he is. Dom will be dangerous if they don't get rid of him.

jennifer said...

Wow these guys are all over the place with possible targets!!!

monty924 said...

Well, will it be my girl Angela or one of the other million names they've thrown out there, LOL? I can't keep up with this strategy talk!

Jackie S. said...

Heh, Jennifer -- I just said that in the blog entry and now in comments I see you're saying the same.

Nickelpeed said...

Blindside to who, though?

monty924 said...

Lol, Jennifer. Exactly what I'm thinking.

Nickelpeed said...

Same, here. They couldn't stay loyal if their lives depended on it.

Jackie S. said...

Maybe Omarosa will come along and form a girls alliance!

jennifer said...

Lol! Reading is easier to keep up with these survivors... listening to it , I keep saying to my husband, what? I’m confused!

monty924 said...

LOL Jackie

tbc said...

Lol?!!

Ed in Ohio said...

At least it shouldn't be unanimous 

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Taking advantage of a 70 degree day before the rain and cold come back tomorrow!! Just BBQ'd some burgers, so help yourselves if you have room after those potatoes. Actually made sliders tonight.

Reading so not commenting for now!

Squeegee

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh, I wonder if Naviti will turn on Angela? I hope not.

Nickelpeed said...

Oh man, this is a potluck. Who do they vote off?

Ed in Ohio said...

Morgan looks a lot like an old dear friend of mine

monty924 said...

Side eyes going towards my girl :((

David said...

Hi SueGee, =)

I could use a burger. I am sick of steaks. Had steaks every day for the last week on my trip. Never thought I could get too much steak. lol

Nickelpeed said...

They want to take the power away from Chris. I hope it's not Angela.

~~Silk said...

I keep expecting Laurel to break into a chorus of "Smelly Cat".

Nickelpeed said...

They turned on their own. Noooooooooo, not Morgan

monty924 said...

Yay.... my girl survives

Nickelpeed said...

Oh CRAP!!!

jennifer said...

Blindsided!!!

Nickelpeed said...

There goes my pool pick, dang.

SueGee said...

Here you go David! I know how it is traveling. There are days all you really want for dinner is a bowl of cereal!!

Ed in Ohio said...

Didn't see that coming!

jennifer said...

I wish that would happen more on Big Brother! Hahaha!

Nickelpeed said...

I didn't know she was even on the radar. Wow. I'm sad. LOL

monty924 said...

Well, it's been fun and confusing tonight, lol.

Jackie, best wishes on your surgery next week. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Everyone, have a great rest of the week and weekend.

Ed in Ohio said...

G'nite Everybody!

Feel better Glenn!

& wishing you All the Best Jackie!!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie for hosting us. It really is greatly appreciated. See everyone next week. Have a great rest of week and weekend!!

Hope you feel better soon, Glenn.

Jackie, stay safe!

David said...

Thanks Jackie =)

Hope everything goes great with your surgery.

Everyone have a great week.

Nickelpeed said...

Well, dang, they turned on their own people. The newbies voted Morgan. At least they stayed together. Old Naviti was going to vote off one of their own to weaken Chris. Wow.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by. My surgery is next Wednesday. I'll be putting up an automatic post, but will depend on y'all to update in comments.

jennifer said...

Goodnight all!!
Stay safe to all, stay healthy and speedy recovering to those that need!
See ya next week on the beach!

Nickelpeed said...

Best wishes on your surgery, Jackie. Hope they dope you up good. LOL

Sharon N said...

Jackie, I'm so sorry to hear you need back surgery.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and prayers that you'll be able to get around and actually enjoy life again!