Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Big Brother 20: Power of Veto Show Blog Party - July 4



I'll be live-blogging it as it airs. Refresh the blog to get the latest! And, of course, the real party is in the comments -- I hope to see you there! I doubt we'll have a big turn-out tonight here on the blog. Most of the other stations have firework displays for the holiday.

Expect the "previously on" to start it out. 
Finally, that's over and we can actually begin the show!

Sam tells us she will keep the power app close and will use it best to her advantage. Fessy told them he got the crap app -- it will soon be obvious anyway. Tyler tells Sam he needs her to stay there. She likes him. She tells him she has a "thing." She will stay even if evicted, no guarantee. She was very vague. Tyler thinks it's the power app but he's confused. She won't give him details.

Swaggy says he likes Tyler and thinks he can work with him. So, he takes it upon himself to tell Tyler that, if the veto is used, Angela needs to go. Heh. Angela is an ally of Tyler. Tyler tells Swags that Bayleigh would need to go up. Now, she's Swaggy's cuddle buddy even if he is getting scared of a showmance.

Hamazon delivery at the front door! Hamazon Swine for Fessy! It's actually vegetarian ham as Fessy can't eat ham due to his religion. He can't even go to bed until he finishes the huge delivery. And ... then ... more ham!

Swaggy tells Bayleigh that Tyler wants to put her on the block if he needs a replacement nominee. She feels betrayed. She also feels Swaggy will drop her at any time to save his own game. (Well, as he should. He's there to win not to find love in all the wrong places.) 

Poor Bayleigh is in tears. Swags is trying to console her. She thinks they need to distance themselves from each other and she may be a target because of him. So, she goes to talk to Tyler. He tells her if she goes up, she's a pawn. He tells her that she's the safest bet. She thinks he's throwing her under the bus. "What about Angela?" Tyler hints to Bayleigh that Angela just might have the power and she needs to trust him. "Pawns go home," she tells him.

Time to pick veto players! Tyler randomly picks HG Choice and chooses Swaggy, telling us he would keep the noms the same and Steve will go. Sam gets Scottie. Steve gets HG Choice and goes for Fessy. 

Tyler tells the dudes that Steve will stay ... even though we know he wants Sam to stay. Tyler tells us he loves it that Swaggy's side tells him everything that's going on with them. Heh.

PoV Comp has them participating in viral videos. The first one has snakes. Real ones. They must retrieve three light icons from under the snakes, one at a time. The least amount of light icons done is out when time is up. Steve is done first! Sam second. Scottie is out.

Stage 2 is in the Arctic. They have to go into ice water to retrieve the light icons. Swags is out.

Stage 3 is to become a human paintball target holding positions on little teensy ramps while being shot at. Steve fell and is out. 

Stage 4 has them bring back ten balls, one at a time, with "lightning bolts" coming at them. Sam is having real problems with the shocks. Fessy is done first. Sam is out.

Tyler makes a deal with Fessy to keep the noms the same if he wins. Tyler has to throw it.

Stage 5 has them drinking bad stuff. Fessy wins the Power of Veto!

Steve thinks Fessy will take him off the block and he's in a good position. Tyler thinks Fessy will keep his word and he won't have to change nominations, so he's in a good position. 

Veto meeting time ... interrupted by a Hamazon delivery for Fessy! No speeches ... Fessy does NOT use the Power of Veto.

80 comments:

monty924 said...

Hello Jackie and all, I brought sno-cones from the ball field. Man is it hot out there!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, Everyone!!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone! Happy 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMOOOOONNNTTTTYYYYYYY lol

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty and Jon!

Anonymous said...

Swaggy is going to have a spazzy if/when he ever gets nominated lol

Sharon S said...

Hi... I am here. So tired of the excessive heat. Looking forward to seeing if they show us exaclty what Sam did to get everyone mad after POV

monty924 said...

Hi Glenn and JJJJOOOONNNNNNN

monty924 said...

Hey Sharon. I'm right there with you on the heat. Three days in a row on the Little League field and the temps in the 90's every day. I'm beat.

Anonymous said...

She is off a bit for a "life coach"

Anonymous said...

lol I love when everyone gets so ticked when they keep things to themselves lol

monty924 said...

I really like Tyler. He's not just a dumb blond lifeguard.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sharon! Sam was smart in how she told Tyler about the power!

Anonymous said...

LOL

monty924 said...

The pig sounds... hilarious

Sharon S said...

I don't think I could have survived out in the sun. It is bad enough inside with no AC

monty924 said...

I agree with you Glenn

Glenn Allen said...

Fasel is getting lots of the Hamazon deliveries!

Sharon S said...

Agree!

Sharon S said...

That vegetarian ham looks terrible 🤢

monty924 said...

We managed to find some shade behind people with canopies all three days, but it didn't help. The heat today was suffocating. I felt bad for the kids and the umpires who were out in it for three hours.

Glenn Allen said...

It has been very hot here in Wilmington, NC.

Sharon S said...

It is terrible. Hope everyone stayed hydrated!

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks,

Sharon S said...

I am in CT. I don't remember a heat wave like this, but I'm usually in Northern NY by this time.

Joe in NY said...

There are a LOT of drama queens in this house.

There will be fireworks this summer. Some of this people are not going to be able to handle the stress of a nomination.

monty924 said...

We managed to Sharon.

Hey Joe

Sharon S said...

I think the heat is turning me evil. Would love to see a good brouhaha about now.

Jackie S. said...

Here in NY today, it was cloudy, hot and humid. That's a bit better than sunny, hot and humid. The heat wave is due to break by weekend. I killed my recovering back sitting in a hard chair for two hours watching the city parade go down my street.

Sharon N said...

Hi everyone!
Chips and salsa were all I could dredge up the energy to do... so help yourselves. :)

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe! Does it seem like more crying this year in the game? It seems like people are playing Big Brother who don't know how to play the game! It will be great to see the first veto game.

Sharon N said...

Jackie, maybe you should get one of those thick-padded cushions. I got one to take to all the hockey games and it's so much better than their so-called padded folding chairs.

Joe in NY said...

There's something creepy about Steve. I won't miss him.

Sharon S said...

Yikes! I hope you feel improvement again quickly

Sharon N said...

Joe in NY, I agree, creepy weird,

monty924 said...

I really wanted to like Steve but agree there's something about him. I won't miss him either.

Joe in NY said...

Hi Glenn

There's always a lot of crying and drama - must be a mandate from central casting. It just seems like we've had a lot of tears in week ONE. Seems to me like it usually takes a little time for the stress to get to them. And Bayleigh's tantrum over the suggestion that IF Sam comes down she MIGHT be a pawn seemed ridiculous. Could you imagine if she spent 3 or 4 days actually being ON THE BLOCK!

Jackie S. said...

Sharon - I don't do enough requiring outdoor chairs to bother. My only real outdoor space here is my fire escape! I go out front once a year to watch the parade. I'm pale I don't like sitting in the sun!

Glenn Allen said...

Praying you start feeling better soon Jackie. Someone is firing Firecrackers nearby. It is very loud . I can hear them but not see them.

Jackie S. said...

Steve ran for Passaic County Sheriff here in NJ back in 2016 and lost. I'm sorry, but you cannot really RETIRE from NYPD after ten years without a disability retirement.

Anonymous said...

Extra extra lol

monty924 said...

Ewww, I'd forfeit, LOL

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi everybody! Jumpin' in a little late.

I absolutely 'luv' Sam! I'm so glad she got the app power. If she would be gone right off the bat it would have really dampened my enthusiasm. Right now Sam & Tyler are the only ones I like.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this one either l might have difficulties lol

Sharon N said...

I think a lot of people are feeling that way Ed. LOL

monty924 said...

I would have done that this afternoon, LOL

tbc said...

Aww poor gaggyc...

Anonymous said...

swaggy no swag lol

monty924 said...

Hey Homie. Agree with you on Sam & Tyler

Sharon N said...

So many bad fires in Colorado right now that a few areas outlawed fireworks this summer.
As much as I enjoy watching them, I wish they'd outlawed for the entire state.
So sad that many homes have already been lost due to the fire deemed the 3rd worst in Colorado history. :(

monty924 said...

Hey tbc and Sharon N

Jackie S. said...

People nearby me have been setting off loud fireworks since dark (and for the last week). Thankfully, Vincent isn't bothered by them. But, get a drop of water on him and he runs for his life.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hey Homie I hear you about the heat! I've been going to little league games too! My grandsons' team made the playoffs and tomorrow night is their first playoff game.

I'll probably miss the pool party & live show tomorrow (unless there's a rain out).

I sure can't take the heat like I used to!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Ed! My pool person is Tyler and I am also pulling for Sam. This veto comp looks more like Survivor or fear factor!

monty924 said...

It's so dry here, I'm not sure why we're having fireworks either in some areas. I live right on the Ohio river so our town's fireworks are set off from a barge on the river but some other smaller towns around me are still going with tonight.

Joe in NY said...

My sister actually put a plastic Kid's pool in her living room with two bags of ice for her dogs to play in. LOL.

Ed in Ohio said...

Yes Glenn it sure looks like Sam & Tyler are very popular.

monty924 said...

Same can't go anywhere... she's diary room gold

Judi Sweeney said...

Shaggy Swag is going to drop her like a hot potato

tbc said...

Hi Monty!!

Anonymous said...

It would be kind of funny if he keeps being the least trending for another go round at least lol

Sharon S said...

That was a tough POV comp.

Glenn Allen said...

It didn't look like Sam cussed to much unless they edited out a lot of it.

monty924 said...

Ed, our district tournament will be over on Sunday and I can't wait, LOL.

Jackie S. said...

I hear the official city fireworks ending in the distance, between the loud explosions in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

lol

Sharon S said...

How many days does the Hamazon last?

Judi Sweeney said...

Wow.... Sharon that is sad! Fireworks mishandling causes many fires in California! Even though it’s banned where I live there still are stupid people out there with illegal fireworks

Ed in Ohio said...

Luv her voice!!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

Sharon N said...

Thanks for hosting Jackie.
Hope you're back recovers quickly!

Ed in Ohio said...

G'Nite All! Lots of boom-booms here in the background!

Hope to be here some tomorrow

monty924 said...

Fingers crossed for Sam tomorrow night.
Thanks Jackie and have a wonderful rest of the 4th and will see you all tomorrow night. May be late, depending on how long the game lasts.

Judi Sweeney said...

LOL... OK, that made me laugh Jackie! My cat BeBe was the same way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie!!!, Everyone have a great night and enjoyable 4th see you guys Thursday!!!

Judi Sweeney said...

Thanks Jackie! Have a nice night everyone and see you tomorrow!

Nickelpeed said...

I loved the snakes. All Ball Pythons. Very docile. Of all snakes, the Ball Python is the best. LOL.

Thank you, Jackie, for blogging this. I wish I could be here tomorrow, but I work. I'll see every one Sunday!!

Nickelpeed said...

It's too dry in many areas to set off fireworks. We had them at the ball field tonight. They set them off in the outfield. Best fireworks I've seen in a long time. They were 8 minutes, but very intense. Really, really nice.

I remember when we were stationed in California, it never failed, fires always broke out. I wish they wouldn't. It destroys too much.

Nickelpeed said...

After watching some of Big Brother After dark, I have come to the conclusion Brett and Winston are jerks. They are like a group of middle school girls. They talk about every one. Nothing is ever good. RockStar is right, they need to go.

uncartie said...

Nickel,I agree completely about the Brinston bros. They overthink everything and as a result get paranoid. They keep trying to talk Level 6 into voting out Sam with the logic that if they vote to keep her,their alliance will be outed. @@ Never mind that if they keep Steve their numbers will shrink even more. On top of that they change their minds constantly. I shudder to imagine what a Brinston HOH strategy would look like.