Saturday, September 29, 2018

BB20: My Predictions and Afterthoughts - Final Four

Before the season started, I posted my first impressions of the new houseguests based on their pre-season online interviews and their CBS bios. Today I'm looking back on how I did --

Kaycee Clark - BB20 Winner

Back on June 18th, I gave my early take on Kaycee in this post. She claimed to be a "people person" and "fun." She also named Cody (especially if he upped his social game) as her favorite previous hamster. To quote me at the time -- "Maybe she's trying for second place? My jury is out on her. I think she could possibly be a competition beast. But I think she might be a bit more assertive than she thinks her fun people person persona displays."

Well. She was definitely trying for AT LEAST second place, having made a strong Final Two pact with Tyler before we even got the live feeds. And, she actually did play like Cody with an extremely better social game -- her loyalty to Tyler was much like Cody's to Jessica and she became a competition beast in her own right. And, yes ... she was more assertive than her friendly demeanor made her appear. 

She actually is a people person. She is fun. But she was playing the game from the start. I had hoped for a Tyler win. However, Kaycee is definitely worthy of her win. I like her heart, both in the way she treated others and how she played the game.  

Tyler Crispen - 2nd Place and AFP

I checked Tyler out in this post dated June 22nd. Hmm. I recall in the video interviews with him, he came across as much goofier than his actual self in the house. Plus, I found it a bit disconcerting that, in interviews, his eyes would bug out. I guess it was nerves or the lack of sleep. I should mention that I'm not a fan of man-buns, but I like his hair better like that. I think his hair often blocked his natural good looks!

I said this at the time "...  he mentioned three of them. Victor, Zach and Dan, all for different reasons. Hopefully he can combine their talents into his own game. His bio page doesn't really give me a lot to go on. The interview is a bit more telling. If he's smarter than the average hamster he could do extremely well. But, if he's as goofy as he comes across, he just might do well, too. I think I'd rather see him go further in the game than some of the others."

Yup, yup. As the summer went on, I definitely wanted him to win it. He was playing his game all summer. And, while he didn't seem "goofy" on the live feeds, he had everyone thinking he was clueless about BB for most of the summer. Unfortunately, I could see his game sinking a bit because everyone trusted him and he encouraged them to do so. Now, everyone trusted Kaycee, too. But she made a point of not really committing while Tyler seemed to do the opposite. 

All of those final two deals? The only one he personally made was with Kaycee -- everyone else made them with him. While I realize he couldn't say, "Oh, no. I can't do that -- I already have a final two deal with _____" -- it probably would have behooved him not to be so into the blindsides of those with whom he had such deals. But that's Monday morning quarterbacking. Had he won first place, he would have deserved it. He won second place, America's Favorite Player and what seems like a true love. He's a winner in my book!  

JC Monduix - Third Place

I looked at JC (now I know he's Joseph Charles, but doesn't like it) on this post dated June 18th. In it he claimed to be honest and eccentric. He's still claiming in the after show interviews about his honest game. Yes, he was honest with Tyler, in particular. But just the double-agent bit he did for so long makes me knock down the honesty factor.

Oh my. I got many things wrong with him! I said -- "If he's indeed a professional dancer, he should be athletic. Will he win it all? I did like his win and have them love me answer. But I don't know if he's mean enough to lie and backstab. At least he's different from the usual bimbo and mimbo." Well, we know how he did in all the physical comps! While JC might lift weights, he's no physical comp beast for sure! And, yes -- he's mean enough to lie and backstab. Dang, put him on slop and he's a grumpy surly mean horror. My last sentence in the quote is good. He was different from the usual!

I want to note that he was problematic in the house. My personal main issue with him is that he thought it was Big Brother the Musical. Every time he sang, they cut the live feeds. He wouldn't stop when told, either. Grr. However, as I said before, the stuff that TMZ latched onto because of zealous BB fans was way overblown. In the after interviews, the others are saying that those things really weren't big issues at all. If the people living with him don't have a problem, the fans should back off! 

Angela Rummons - 4th Place

Oh my. I think my take on Angela when I posted pre-show on June 20th was way off! But ... but ... she said things in her interviews and bio which really didn't come across as such in the house! Well, she said she'd lay low at the start. That she kind of did. She had an early HoH and then was referred to as "furniture" for weeks on end.

From the bio and interview, I got this: "at 26, she's lived "years and years" by herself." -- My thoughts at the time - "Hmm. I think she could be a strong player, but she's coming across as a bit too cocky for me to like her a lot." There was also this gem -- "She claims to be "very lovable and not afraid to use my sexuality to get ahead." 

I wrote then - "First, people who think they're all that lovable usually aren't. Second, I do not want a summer of sleaze. I'll see how she comes across on the feeds and show, but I'm sticking with full of herself right now." Watching her all summer on the live feeds, the "lovable" part not only didn't really surface (except late in there with Tyler). Instead, she admitted that she often built a wall around herself and didn't really get close to people. I can actually understand that, but I have no clue why she said "lovable."  A huge part of what did her in with others was her coldness to them. Or, what they perceived as coldness.

Then there's the fact that she got herself into what I think will be the most remaining showmance/romance of the summer with Tyler. It was not sleazy. It often came across as Jeff/Jordan-ish without the naivety of a Jordan. I like how she did kick in and win comps and I hope she and Tyler live happily ever after!

Your thoughts?    

20 comments:

Dr_Celine said...

I miss them! I enjoyed these house guests immensely and when Thursday night came around I missed watching them. I think Tyler and Angela will likely make an appearance on The Amazing Race and that they will get their half a million to share in other ways since they were so popular. I was glad Kaycee won it but, like you Jackie, thought Tyler really deserved first place...I wasn't upset Kaycee won since she WAS a competition beast and was just such a truly NICE person - very KIND. I like to see the "good guys" win. I with they had voted JC off before Sam. That was my only contention. LOVED this season's hamsters and thought it was the best in a REALLY LONG TIME! Thanks for your blogging on this season Jackie - always love what you do!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon N said...

Great review Jackie!

Of the F2, I couldn't be happier that the 2 most deserving made it to that point.
Tyler was much smarter than I had expected from his pre-game video. He really surprised me with his 'edge' and he was fun to watch. Never mean-spirited.

Together, Kaycee and Tyler were easily the most likeable in the house and people couldn't seem to help gravitating to them. Kaycee is a genuinely nice and kind person... anyone would be fortunate to call her friend.

I would have preferred Tyler win, but still happy with the result. Kaycee is very deserving, and it's heartwarming that both were such good sports.

I would have been disappointed if JC had won. Although he was clever and it was fun to watch him as such a large contributor to L6's success, I didn't feel his game was win-worthy.

The "right" people won the money and it doesn't get better than that!! YAY






Shannon said...

Kaycee, LOVED her. Not only did I love her for her heart but she really played the game and won A BUNCH of things, especially when it counted. She treated everyone respectfully.

Tyler, I was totally fine with him winning the show. He ran the show, the whole summer. He really did have a hand in things and managed to keep under the radar as the head of the "other side". I am super happy he got second and was able to get fan favorite as well.

JC, could not stand him. He was some fun, but he was nasty too easily. By nasty I mean he got down right hostile when things didn't go how he wanted. I hated how he constantly gave us fishies because he refused to stop singing. Maybe they should make a clause in their contract if you stop feeds for singing more than X times you will be docked pay for ever occurrence. Hit them in the pocketbook, that will get them to do as told.

Angela, I didn't mind her and thought her showmance with Ty was super sweet. It was nice to see a sweet side of her. She was hard to get to know otherwise since she was so reserved.

Chacha said...

I agree with you on almost all of this- although jC wasn’t one I liked very much- yes he helped level 6 all season.
I also in the end love that Kaycee won!

Glenn Allen said...

I think you did a good read on Tyler and Angela.

Here is a facebook post by Tyler's mom. She is a member of the We Love BB20 Tangela Group on Facebook.

Charline Feltner I love seeing young love!! I hugged him before we left the party and he said love you mom, I said love you too, then I hugged Angela and she said I love you mom and I said love you too sweetheart. My heart melted. They are so cute together.

Glenn Allen said...

JC is still delusional. He said on his Instagram chat that he knew ahead of time every single eviction. He said people are crazy because he knew about Level 6 and that Tyler was untrustworthy.

Sharon N said...

Glenn,
All the attention is on Kaycee, Tyler and Angela. As it should be.
I read somewhere that JC didn't attend the After Party. Was that possibly his bitterness finally starting to show...now that it's all over and he isn't getting the attention/recognition he felt would be his due?

Glenn Allen said...

Here is a link to a video of Level 6 doing their Level 6 hand signal in public.

https://twitter.com/brittanibecke16/status/1046219662806011904

Glenn Allen said...

Sharon JC said he did not attend the Wrap party that he had talked about all season was because he needed to sleep and eat. That he was waiting until the Las Vegas party the next day to join all the cast. I think JC was upset because he thought Tyler would move in with him in LA. Instead Tyler is moving in with Angela and all of Level 6 will stay with Angela for awhile. Tyler is taking not only Angela to the Hawaii trip but also Brett. He then decided to have Kaycee and Rachael and Winston join with them as well.


Angela and Tyler signed with the same PR agent that Jody has that got them on the amazing race. Haliegh has been hanging out with Level 6 as well. Fessy and Swaggy and Bayleigh and Scottie and Rockstar left Haleigh alone with Level 6 and Josh. Tyler asked Haleigh where her alliance was and she told Tyler they all left her. Angela said you belong with me. Angela's brother started dancing with her. Level 6 wants Haleigh with them.

Glenn Allen said...

I think it was Tylers friend Dancing with Haleigh instead of Angelas brother. Angelas friends and Tylers friends are getting along well.

Sharon N said...

Hmmm...it doesn't sound like Haleigh and Fessy are a couple anymore. But hey, they rarely agreed on anything, and his alpha attitude would wear thin on a gal who is used to being "free."

Petals said...

It was just a great season, period!

Have you all read about Bayleigh's "miscarriage"? I have 5 words for
that, "Give me a HUGE break".

Chloe said...

I too wish Tyler would have won. I do love Kaycee and she was a very nice person.
I am most of all grateful that the right people were voted off before the house could get really nasty. Beyleigh, Swaggy and Rockstar to be exact. I am glad Haleigh has ended up with friendships with L6. She was a very good sport in the game. I liked her a lot.
Now....Lets Go!!!!!! Amazing Race with Tyler and Angela and Kaycee and whomever. :)

Petals said...

My dad came to visit this past week. I hadn't seen him in almost 10yrs. When we talk on the phone, it's mostly Roll Tide or Merry Christmas.

Come to find out: He watches Big Brother and Survivor! I nearly fainted! He hated Tyler, he wanted Hayleigh to win.

Sharon N said...

Petals,
How nice to have your dad come for a visit!
Sounds like some friendly family rivalries are coming right up!!! :D))

Auntie Leigh said...

Thx for all the post-game info, Glenn Allen. It is so rare for the good sports to actually win. An old-fashioned Leave-it-to-Beaver ending. The good guys won!!!! I thought Jackie's pre-game takes were a fun trip and showed us just how good she really is. Hi5 to all. PS: have fun sharing Survivor chats with your Dad, Petals...but I predict he might not like the players you like. Just a guess....

Glenn Allen said...

Tyler and Angela were heading home from their Twitter pics. It looks like Tyler is driving Angelas Range Rover. earlier at a pool it showed Haleigh with Tyler and Angela and Tyler's male friend. Seperately Fessy did a video of Tyler wearing Fessys fitness app and he got Tyler and Angela to kiss.

It looked like Level 6 were having a great time. Their did not seem to be as many Foutte pics.

Glenn Allen said...

Tyler said they will be live tomorrow. It might mean Monday!

Glenn Allen said...

It will be on Instagram. Tyler and Angela are living up to Tylers phrase of give the people what they want.