Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Survivor: David vs. Goliath - November 28 Blog Party


As the show airs here on the East Coast, I'll be live-blogging the events -- refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area. Feel free to join in!

If you didn't realize it, tonight is a double episode. Make sure your snacks are handy!

I put up a cheat sheet with names and images at this link

Here's the blog pool news from Lifeguard Laurie herself (she rocks!) 

Merge!!
Alec - Carol C, Jean, Rbennie
Alison - Cher C, Jenna G, Renee
Angelina - Donna in FL, Margo, Vicki Volk
Carl - DonnaNY, MikesGirl, tbc, Delee
Christian - ChicMc, Judi Sweeney, Sharon C
Davie - CherryPie, KelseyNY, Robin Allard
Gabby - Cheryl in NC, Krysta Gibson, Rochelle
Kara - David, Karen in CA, Sharon N
Mike - Ed in Ohio, meb, Tammy
Nick - Brian, Jennasmom, Paula Bell, Silk

Jury:
Elizabeth

John
Dan

Survivor fans ready? Ten are left. Who will be voted out tonight?


We got to see Carl's triumphant "BING" once again. He's still patting himself on the back. The numbers are finally even with the two original tribes. Angelina is ticked that two of her own voted for her. Now she's on the rampage against them and no longer loyal. 

A search is on for the hidden idol again -- early run by the Davids. Nick found an idol clue -- must sneak out of camp at night to the farthest point to retrieve it. 

Reward - two teams of five, rope bridge, ladder target in which they have to throw three rungs on the base. Survivor picnic is at stake. It's a random draw.  

ORANGE wins! Christian, Alison, Gabby, Mike, Alec 

Alec is shmoozing the Davids. The shmoozing is interrupted by letters from home. 

At camp Alec is pointing out that Alec is a challenge beast and needs to go. Kara, close to Alec, tells him. So, now Alec is after Carl. The Reward people all overate and are sick and sluggish. All the better for Nick's nighttime idol search. Davie is covering him at camp. 

Nick has the idol! 

Time for the Immunity Challenge! Balance on narrow perch holding a handle behind your head. Jeff tells them they can give up the chance for immunity for nachos and beer. Angelina, Carl and Nick go for the food and beer.  

Mike's out. Davie's out. Kara, who was looking the most solid, steps off. Alison out. Gabby's out after Alec plays mind games on her. It's Christian and Alec remaining. Alec keeps saying he will win. Christian tells him he won't. 

Christian starts telling a story. He keeps telling the story -- saying that it helps him. Alec is writhing in pain. They're at the five hour mark. Alec DROPS!

CHRISTIAN wins immunity after five and a half hours!

Alec tells us that he just couldn't handle the challenge mentally. He knows everyone is talking about voting him out. Carl thinks it's a no-brainer to vote out Alec. However, there is still Carl/Gabby friction. She thinks he's too bossy. Gabby thinks (rightfully) that Carl shouldn't be telling Kara their plans. Christian tries to calm crying Gabby and he is also thinking that Carl is becoming a liability. 

Alec is onto Carl getting cocky and thinks Carl should be blindsided. He even goes to Christian. Christian thinks keeping a bigger threat (Alec) around is better for his own game. Hmm. And they're hiking off to Tribal. 

So, it's Tribal Council. I have a feeling Carl might have sung his last tune.

Jeff starts off with the Immunity Challenge. Alec said he got dizzy. There doesn't seem to be any real animosity about the ones who ate. Carl hopes that, since he hadn't eaten on any reward, he hopes it doesn't count against him. Then Christian talks about everything being a calculated risk. Angelina thinks there are new alliances and that's more important than who ate nachos. Alec says if he's kept, others will have a bigger target than themselves. Carl stands by his nachos pick. 

In voting, Christian tells us his vote is to benefit his own game and no one else.

Tally:
Alec, Carl, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec.

Welp, the "target" got targeted. 

Now it's five Davids, four Goliaths. Nick is getting a bit cocky. Gabby cries. Of course. They all flipped -- Alec was the sole Carl vote. Alison is hoping Christian and Gabby might still work with her.

Into a Reward Challenge. Climb ladder, leap into water, retrieve buoys. Reward is a feast on a boat. Schoolyard pick, that person can't win reward. Captains pick.

Kara - Carl, Davie and Mike
Angelina - Alison, Alec, Nick

Christian sits out. Kara's team wins!

She hopes it will get her closer to Davie and Mike. Mike tells us that he and Kara did a lot of sucking up to them. Carl tells Kara he wants to get Alison out. Will he ever shut up and think about who he's talking targets to? Sheesh. Heehee, Davie who is so not a jock is beside himself with his performance in the challenge. But Carl is talking himself further into a hole while Davie is being personable.

Back at camp, Gabby is trying for a blindside on Carl. She goes to Alison with the plan. It's looking so solid that it probably won't happen. 

When the reward winners return to camp, Carl talks up the Alison Out plan. Angelina is siding with Carl. But it doesn't look like anyone else is all that keen on it. Carl wants Gabby left out of the loop. That makes Christian more certain that Carl needs to go. Mike is the swing vote between the two groups.

Christian tells Gabby that Carl wants Alison out although he (Carl) told her Angelina. 

They are almost out of rice. Angelina wants to bargain with Jeff for more rice, giving some of their gear.

Time for the Immunity Challenge. Over an obstacle, spin around post, across balance beam collecting three bags of puzzle pieces, solve a word puzzle. 

Angelina interrupts Jeff with the rice negotiation. All of the fishing gear, most of the cooking gear, two chairs, swinging chair. Jeff says he will give rationed rice if someone will sacrifice their shot at immunity. Angelina goes for it so all can have rice. 

DAVIE wins Immunity! 

Angelina thinks the Alison Out plan will work. I'm not so sure about that. 

Carl is still dictating that Alison needs to go. He thinks they should use Angelina and Mike as long as they have to. Alison is rightfully worried that she might go -- she knows she's the target. Mike tells us that Carl is annoying but Alison is more of a threat to his own game. Christian again talks to Mike about taking out Carl. He's not really all that sure. 

Tribal time. Jeff's Probsting questions have a lot to do with the mood at camp. 

The tally:
Alison, Alison, Carl, Carl, Alison, Alison, Carl, Carl, Carl.

He blew his own game. Bye, Carl. 

Next week is the family/loved ones visit.

233 comments:

1 – 200 of 233   Newer›   Newest»
Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you, Jackie, for hosting us. It is greatly appreciated.

Hello to all who follow!!! Let the games begin!!!

Petals said...

Hi Jackie, Vincent & Penny!

Hello to everyone !!!

Happy Wednesday!

I have STEEELLLLLLAAAAA and pistachio cookies.

Nickelpeed said...

Best back stab ever!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals!!

Nickelpeed said...

I don't know how this week can top last week's. Last week's was one for the history books! LOL

Petals said...

each week has topped the previous! All these idols in play? yup~

monty924 said...

Hey Jackie, Petals and Penny!!

Nickelpeed said...

Did everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty!!

tbc said...

Hi all!! Wine time!!

Petals said...

MONTY! TEEB!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny and Petals and everyone who follows. Angelina looks ready to jump ship.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Penny, Petals, & Monty!

Homie the Buckeyes 'opened a can...." on Xichigan! LUV IT!!!!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Love this challenge. When I did this in basic training, I fell. It's not easy. And, I was very athletic. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Ed!

monty924 said...

Hey Homie, boy did they ever, lol. I loved it!!!

Hi tbc

Petals said...

wow!

monty924 said...

Poor Carl can't catch a break

Petals said...

wow!

Nickelpeed said...

Crap. A few of them have won food each time.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty and TBC. Big comeback for Orange. Poor Carl never been on a reward.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny I had a great Thanksgiving. I went to my Brother's House. How was yours?

monty924 said...

Hi Glenn

Glenn Allen said...

I saw that Celeberity Big Brother was announced. I think it was around Jan. 21st. I am glad that Julie is returning as host!

Jackie S. said...

I saw that, Glenn. I hope she sticks around for the summer BB, too.

You guys do realize tonight's Survivor is two hours, right?

tbc said...

Me, too, Glenn!

jennifer said...

Hi all! Gasp! I am late!
Hi Nickelpeed, Petals, Monty, Ed, Jackie, Glenn and whoever I have missed 🤗

Nickelpeed said...

Alex you are a liiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

Petals said...

No, is it 2 hours? Cool! I have a 2nd wind, bring it on.

jennifer said...

Here come the waterworks

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tcb and jennifer.

Petals said...

awww, home letters

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Jennifer!

monty924 said...

Jackie, I didn't, lol. More time here at the pool.... weeeeeeee

Ed in Ohio said...

I knew it was a 2 hour show and at some point I'll probably bail. A little under the weather & early appointment tomorrow. I'll hang in for now!

monty924 said...

Hey Jennifer

Petals said...

Hey Jenn & Glenn !

jennifer said...

Did carl think that Kara would go tell Alec? Was this a plan?

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh, Carl will be on the chopping block. Carl should have kept this to himself.

Nickelpeed said...

Be stealth Nick!

Petals said...

to add insult to injury, the winners come back & vomit their reward.

Petals said...

he did it, YAY!

Nickelpeed said...

I hope he doesn't tell anyone else.

jennifer said...

I really like Nick!

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, that's actually good for those who didn't go. They might not be up to the Immunity Challenge.

monty924 said...

I don't think he was thinking that much, Jennifer. It was a big mistake... almost a rookie Survivor 101 blunder.

Nickelpeed said...

It took me time to like Nick. I didn't like that he turned his back on his tribe mates when they had 3 tribes. I know it helped him survive, but I just thought it was bad.

Ed in Ohio said...

Might be your last meal!

monty924 said...

Angelina ought to take it... nobody is going to vote her out now. Carl might have wanted to stay in the challenge.

Nickelpeed said...

I don't know if Carl should have done that or not. If they knew Cara told Alec, they might have reconsidered.

Petals said...

what does he do during rainstorms?

Nickelpeed said...

So, they have an idea Alec knows. But, does Carl know he's in trouble?

jennifer said...

This challenge looks UNCOMFORTABLE!

Nickelpeed said...

She did that on purpose. Come on Christian or Gabby, win this.

SHUT UP, JEFF!!

Nickelpeed said...

Please not Alec.

jennifer said...

Gabby looks miserable!

Nickelpeed said...

I am surprise someone hasn't snuffed his lights out. Jeff - shut up. LOL

Ed in Ohio said...

Man 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

monty924 said...

I like Gabby but her crying gets on my nerves

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Gabby, stay with it. You can do this.

Nickelpeed said...

Gabby it's all mind games.

Petals said...

c'mon Christian, you need this!

Nickelpeed said...

Okay, Christian, stay with it. Don't let him talk you out of this!!!

tbc said...

Wow!!

jennifer said...

Let’s go Christian!!!

Laurie said...

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the show.

This is my friendly reminder to thank our Jackie by clickingthe donation button and sending your appreciation in a meaningful way.

Thanks!!

jennifer said...

🤣🤣🤣

Ed in Ohio said...

You gotta' be kidding....3 hours!

Nickelpeed said...

LOLOLOLOL

Petals said...

is it just me, or do they resemble crucifixion poses?

monty924 said...

Five hours!!! wow wow wow

Nickelpeed said...

Keep on talking Christian.

Ed in Ohio said...

5 HOURS! OMG

Petals said...

Hi Laurie!!!!! *waving*

Petals said...

YAY!!!!!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I feel your pain. This is so good. Stay with it Christian.

monty924 said...

I thought the same thing, Petals

Nickelpeed said...

YES! YES!

Nickelpeed said...

Alec was talked to death! I just love Christian!!

tbc said...

Is that a record? 5 1/2 hours??

monty924 said...

Hey Lifeguard Laurie

Jackie S. said...

And, Christian was right. Once he started talking, he thought less about his predicament. Meanwhile it looked like Alec was about to pass out.

I'm hoping that, if he doesn't win it all, Christian makes the final three. He's so entertaining and different!

Nickelpeed said...

This will be an interesting Tribal. Jury management is really important. Even though I'm hoping they vote off a Goliath, at the end, if there is a Goliath in the finals, a David could lose.

jennifer said...

Agreed!

jennifer said...

Love the psychology of Survivor!

monty924 said...

She cries too damn much. I'm sorry, but she does.

tbc said...

Carl is my pool pick... hmmm

Nickelpeed said...

Why is he talking with Kara there???

Not good for Carl. He might leave tonight.

jennifer said...

I could see a flip against Carl!

Petals said...

Hey, I understand Christian's chattering. I do it all the time - it does help. ( I know, it shocks you guys to hear that I, Petals, am a chatterbox)

Nickelpeed said...

Gabby is too emotional. If a David loses, they are in the minority, again.

tbc said...

Not you, Petals!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jennifer and Lifeguard Laurie. I didn't realize it was 2 Hours tonight Jackie. I agree about hoping that Carl was being bossy!

Nickelpeed said...

LOL @ Petals. I'm worse than you. You are mild!!

This is not good. Gabby and Christian trust Alec. They don't realize how much he is using them. Too trusting.

monty924 said...

Lol, Petals. My nickname in grade school was MOUTH and my fifth grade teacher tagged me with it. Classmates still called me that in HS :)))

jennifer said...

I’m a chatterbox too! Drives my husband bonkers sometimes!

SueGee said...

~~~~SPLASH~~~~ Howdy to the hostess with the mostess and her trust companion Vincent!!

Hi to all!! Missed you guys lately but haven't been able to make this early hour LOL

Now we have a 2 hour show so I will come late and stay late

SqueeGee

Nickelpeed said...

Are these just two shows back to back?

Ed in Ohio said...

I'm a Listener!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee

Nickelpeed said...

I usually do listen, Ed, it's just that I talk to dogs all day when not working. It's nice to talk people.

jennifer said...

HI SueGee 🤗

Nickelpeed said...

*talk with*

monty924 said...

Lol... and Angelina talks too much. They all should take her to the end.

Petals said...

squueeeeeeg!

jennifer said...

Angelina.... shut your pie hole!

Petals said...

agree Monty. Her own worst enemy

SueGee said...

Nice job last week Monty & Ed!! Heads may roll and it wouldn't bother me a bit!

Nickelpeed said...

That's a hint to Christian and Gabby. Alec wants to see if they follow him.

Petals said...

lol Jennifer

monty924 said...

Good point Alec

Nickelpeed said...

Thing is, David does that, they lose the power.

tbc said...

Why is Angelina still there?!?!

jennifer said...

This has been a good season!

Laurie said...

Hi Petals!!

monty924 said...

Hey Squeegee. I was reading the Detroit Free Press right after the game and there were a lot of people calling for Harbaugh's head.

Nickelpeed said...

I bet it's Carl.

Nickelpeed said...

Ooops, I am wrong. Good choice.

monty924 said...

Too bad for Alec

Nickelpeed said...

But, again, jury management.

Ed in Ohio said...

Thanks Sue Gee! That was our game of the year!

SueGee said...

We have our big game Saturday. Postponed from a smokey 2 weeks ago.. and Cal has a chance to beat Stanford this year! Fingers crossed!

Petals said...

Monty, I was "MOTOR mouth" (I win) in grade school. LOL But, I must add that the kid that nicknamed me? we later dated in high school (I privately nicknamed him "sloppy mouth")

*ahem*

bwhahaaahaha

tbc said...

Oh crap, I didn’t know this was 2 hours

Petals said...

Sue - good luck! Our big game is Saturday. ROLL TIDE

Nickelpeed said...

I like Jim Harbaugh when he was a NFL quarterback, but he's a very hot-headed coach. However, would it have mattered?

jennifer said...

This challenge looks fun!

tbc said...

Poor christian

Nickelpeed said...

This sucks. Poor Christian, but he did eat the last time.

Ed in Ohio said...

Sue Gee Cal Alum Goff looks pretty good now with the Rams

Nickelpeed said...

When I was stationed in Germany, I went to the Olympic swimming pool in Munich. I decided to walk up to the high dive. I got up there and literally panicked. I jumped, but just about peed my bathing suit!! LOL

Petals said...

My bf Ozzie could've done this challenge - ALONE!

Petals said...

Penny - brave!

tbc said...

With his hands tied behind his back

Nickelpeed said...

I think this is very unequal. LOL

Petals said...

whoooooo! FINALLY they get to eat

monty924 said...

LOL, Angelina shut out of a reward AGAIN

SueGee said...

Sure does feel weird to root for any LA team, but I do like Goff

Nickelpeed said...

LOLOLOL @TBC

Petals said...

I hope they learned from the last reward to not gorge, but pace themselves with the food.

Nickelpeed said...

Has Nick ever been on a reward?

Petals said...

Teeb - yes (re Oz) *sigh* ♥

Nickelpeed said...

It was on a dare, Petals. I was so young and foolish.

SueGee said...

The food rewards almost always makes them a bit sick if they aren't careful!

Not an Angelina fan at all!

tbc said...

Lol penny

jennifer said...

Don’t really know much about football.... but there is a HUGE soccer game tomorrow night in Kansas City... it’s going to be so cold!!

tbc said...

*sigh* Ozzy

jennifer said...

Carl better chill!!

Petals said...

Are you in to the Sporting KC, Jennifer?

monty924 said...

Loose lips/drunk lips... Carl may want to keep quiet

Petals said...

oh no...
We have some inebriated castaways, my friends. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

This is not good for them. They are going to make themselves sick. Davie and Carl are talking too much.

Nickelpeed said...

So right, Monty

tbc said...

Oh,Carl... Carl, Carl, Carl

Ed in Ohio said...

What happened to the old days when they had to eat all kinds of gross stuff? Now they get treated to banquets!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi SueGee. Carl is making himself a bigger target!

Petals said...

ugh! *smh*

They did NOT learn a lesson from the last reward.

jennifer said...

Oh Carl!

Nickelpeed said...

I never got in to soccer because in my school, football, basketball and baseball ruled. There was no girl's team. So, I never followed it. However, when I lived in Germany, there was a soccer complex right outside my house. I could watch them from my window. Man, some of these men had great legs!!! LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Carl, you have no idea!!!

jennifer said...

Yes they do!!

Petals said...

I don't care for soccer either, Pen. @@ But my tennis guys follow it heavily, but I forgive them because they are European. But Jack Sock is a Chiefs fan!

jennifer said...

Godfather Carl is going to be mouth dropped shocked!!

monty924 said...

Christian is cracking me up tonight

Ed in Ohio said...

The Godfathers rule may be coming to an end

SueGee said...

Yikes...lessons never learned!!

Petals said...

I'd love a Mike, Gabby & Christian final. It'd be like Revenge of the Nerds.

Nickelpeed said...

They need to think about this. They can not let emotions cloud their minds. They'll lose their lead. Carl would be a good one to take to the finals. Nobody likes him. I don't know? Maybe Carl should leave?

monty924 said...

Petals, I like the way you think!!! ♥

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, I absolutely love Jack Sock. He's very ethical and honest. An all around good guy.

Ed in Ohio said...

I agree too Petals! I like Christian & Mike is my pool pick

monty924 said...

LOL, this would have been fun watching Carl does this after reward ;-))

tbc said...

OMG

Nickelpeed said...

That is WAAAAAY TOOO MUCH.

jennifer said...

Getting rid of the fishing gear first??

monty924 said...

She sucks at negotiations... they're willing to give up ALL of that??

Nickelpeed said...

At least she walks the walk, even though I still do not like her. Very good of Jeff.

jennifer said...

Agreed, she was terrible! She did NOT learn well at Yale 🤣

monty924 said...

KEEP Angelina as the GOAT

jennifer said...

True

Ed in Ohio said...

G'Nite All! Gotta' go. Enjoy the rest of the show!

Thanks Jackie!

Petals RTR!
& Homie GO BUCKS! …..at least one more time

tbc said...

Good night Ed

Nickelpeed said...

Take care, Ed!

Petals said...

g'nite Ed

monty924 said...

Night Ed.

SueGee said...

Nite Ed

Nickelpeed said...

I like Allison.

monty924 said...

Has anyone watched the Ponderosa clips. I haven't this season so I'll probably be doing that after the show.

jennifer said...

Me too Nickelpeed! I want to see a good blindside hehehe

Petals said...

Penny - Jack won the ATP World Tour FInals (doubles) in London. He is more decorated as a doubles player than as a singles. He is kicking a** and taking names with Mike Bryan!
He's from my town!

Nickelpeed said...

As much as I think Carl is an egotistical cad, I do not think the Davids should give him up. JMO

Petals said...

Glad that Christian remembered Mike's job

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, he is, Petals. He is a beast at doubles.

jennifer said...

Gabby, you are hysterical and emotional... what are you talking about??

Nickelpeed said...

Ought to be an interesting Tribal.

Petals said...

Gabby is pretty. Needs an ear pinning, but pretty in a gamin-like way

jennifer said...

I laughed! So true!

Jackie S. said...

Monty - The Ponderosas are good. Elizabeth wears a ball cap, not a cowboy hat. Now we know the show embellished.

Nickelpeed said...

I want to see a good blindside, but should it be Carl? The David's need the numbers. I do not want Allison to go either. Maybe someone will right down another name.

jennifer said...

Of course they embellish.... it’s 📺 haha!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 233   Newer› Newest»