Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The Amazing Race 31 -- Returning Teams

The Amazing Race will make its 31st season debut following Survivor tomorrow night -- 9pm ET/PT. I've already posted about the Big Brother and Survivor teams on the show. Now it's time for the returning TAR teams. Tomorrow night I'll be live blogging the show as it airs here on the East Coast. Yes, there will be a party in the comments.



Sigh. Of the returning teams, this is the one I least want to endure once again. Colin and Christie, although they did well on their season (TAR5), taking second place. I find him insufferable, aggressive and ruthless. I really can't believe they're still "life partners" this many years later. He's 38, a tech entrepreneur while she's 40 and … get this … a Sex, Love and Relationship Coach. Oh my.



Now, I liked this best friends team of Art and JJ. Art is a federal agent while JJ is a border agent. Well, maybe vice versa. They were on TAR20, didn't bicker with each other and ended up coming in second place. They're older now at the age of 49. I'm not sure how they'll hold up against some of the younger teams. But, they should be entertaining to watch!






Then there's Tyler and Korey, another team of best friends. The video above was their audition video for their season -- TAR28. Since they were on more recently, they're still on the young side. Tyler is 30 while Korey is 34. Neither works a tradition job. Tyler is a video blogger and Korey is a podcaster. (Wish I had those choices when I was young!) They came in third on their season. 



Leo and Jamal, cousins, are the only returning team that's been on the show two other seasons. They did back to back seasons 23 and 24 (All-Stars). They came in 4th place in both seasons. They were quite young then and now are only 31 (Leo) and 30 (Jamal). Leo owns a bar while Jamal is a customer financial services manager. They were entertaining and definitely have a strong team bond. I guess if we have to have a three-peater, they're okay. 





From TAR29, we have Team Fun -- Becca and Floyd. They were fun on their season despite a rather heartbreaking end for them. They came in 5th. They're also still on the young side. She's 28 and he's 23. (No wonder he made some drastic mistakes -- he was a child!) They're good friends and, overall, worked very well together. She's very athletic and is actually a rock climbing instructor. He's a client services manager and will try his hardest. I look forward to their return.

5 comments:

Judi Sweeney said...

I’m really looking forward to this season!

SueGee said...

Love this show!!!

Judi Sweeney said...

Thanks for reminding me of what a COMPLETE JERK Colin is... All I can do now is pray they aren’t my team! Can’t believe Christie is still with this self centered dirt bag! Other than that I have no opinion. LOL...

Thanks Jackie and Sue! It should be a very interesting season! Fun!

Glenn Allen said...

I hate I missed the pool but I am looking forward to this season.

monty924 said...

I have to miss visiting with you all tonight for both parties. Have fun and will catch you all tomorrow in the comments!!