Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Survivor Island of the Idols - October 2 Blog Party


Please be warned that I'm still a bit rough with both the tendonitis and knowing who's whom on the show! Despite those factors, I will do my best to update this entry with the major happenings as they air on the show here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- please feel free to join in on the fun!

As per our usual custom, Lifeguard Laurie was diligent in reassigning those pool people who had the unfortunate luck to draw the first booted castaway (Ronnie). Here's the updated blog pool --

Lairo
Aaron Meredith - Auntie Leigh
Chelsea Walker  - Big winner Brian, Margo
Dean Kowalski - CherryPie, Merrilee
Elaine Stott - Cheryl in NC
Elizabeth Beisel - CherylNY, monty 924
Karishma Patel - Ed in Ohio, SueGee
Missy Byrd - Janice, TS14Fan
Tom Laidlaw - Judi Sweeney, Laurie
Vince Moua - Kelsey NY, MikesGirl

Vokai
Dan Spilo - Bizaro22, marthalight
Jack Nichting - David, jennifer
Jamal Shipman - Donna in Alabama, Petals
Janet Carbin - Donna NY, Sharon C
Jason Linden - Dr_Celine, Nickelpeed
Kellee Kim - Glenn Allen
Lauren Beck - Jackie, Sharon N
Molly Byman - Jenna G, tbc
Noura Salman - Jennasmom

Tommy Sheehan - Karen in CA, Terry is a Texan

Survivor fans ready?

Uh-oh. Noura is alienating her fellow tribe members. She's just a tad controlling. She would do well to just be a bit quiet. Molly herself has issues but Noura is outshining them. Dan wants to work with Noura but she's not making things easy to do so.

Lairo had fire problems until Chelsea stepped in. She thinks the women on the tribe can do anything the guys can do but better. Ah. a woman just found the first idol of the season! That was Chelsea.

A boat is arriving at Vokia. Kellee has to head to the Island of the Idols.

Sandra and Rob greet her. We get the same spiel they gave last week. It seems like they're giving her rapid-fire statements about their lives. Apparently they're going to test her to see if she was listening … important skills to build relationships and bonds. She can be tested and, like the one last week, can win an idol good for the next two tribals or lose a vote. Like last week, she named one person on the other tribe to go next time.

She wins a sweetened deal of three idols for three questions right. She returns to camp and tells a three urns story, while crying. She had the idol in her hair when she offered to let the others search her bags for any idols and saying she lost.

Immunity time. Reward is spices. Lauren sits out. Swim out to release ladder. Move ladder, lift up to have one person retrieve bag. land three balls in three targets. 

LAIRO wins immunity!

It looks like the two likely targets will be Noura or Jason. Of course that will be subject to change.

Noura knows she's a target so she tries to convince others to keep her. Now they're talking a split between her and Jason because they think he might have an idol. Oh my. Now the other girls are talking Molly. They think she has too much power in the game. It's cool kids versus nerds kind of mentality going on.

Tribal Council time! Jason feels he's on the outs because they all thought he was off looking for an idol. He tells them he doesn't have an idol and they're free to search his bags. Noura thinks she's always been on the outside and even more so in the game. 

No one plays an idol 

The tally:
Jason, Noura, Molly, Jason, Molly, Molly. Molly, Molly

The "nerds and misfits" did it. Molly was voted out in a blindside.

101 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent!! Thank you for hosting us!

Joe in NY said...

HI folks

Jenna G said...

Hi Jackie, Penny and Joe!

jennifer said...

Hi Jackie and Mr. Vincent! Hi Nickelpeed and all who follow! Got a lot of rain going on, hopefully no weather interruptions 🤪

jennifer said...

Hi joe and Jenna!
Oh the talking, it’s just so much!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny and Joe and Jenna and Jennifer and everyone who follows.

Jenna G said...

Hi Jennifer, yes I hope we get no interruptions.

tbc said...

Hi all!

Petals said...

~*~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~*

Hey everyone. I almost forgot! Has it really been only a week since BB ended and the
new Survivor began? Yeeeeps

jennifer said...

Hi Glenn, tbc and Petals!

Jenna G said...

Hi tbc, my pool pick partner. Hi Petals!

Petals said...

I could last about...3 seconds around the exercise chick.

Jenna G said...

Wow can this girl be any more annoying!

jennifer said...

If I could only have her energy some days!!

Jackie S. said...

Who was it that found the idol? My head was turned when they showed her name and I'm not too sure who's whom yet.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi TBC and Petals. My Pool girl Kellee being sent to the Island of theIdols.

tbc said...

Those statues are still creepy

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe, Jenna, Jennifer, Petals, Glenn, tbc

Nickelpeed said...

I agree tbc. Very creepy

Jenna G said...

I backed it up Jackie. It was Chelsea

Nickelpeed said...

LOL

Nickelpeed said...

She's not going to get any of this.

Petals said...

Hey Teeb, Hey Jenna & Jennifer (GO CHIEFS!), hey Penny, hey Joe-baby!
and HELLO JACKIE & VINCENT! There is cooler weather coming...

Nickelpeed said...

She should not do this! She doesn't listen.

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Tip of the hat to Ms Jackie & Vincent

One eye on the chat and the TV has the BB game on... Go A's!!

Just took burgers off the grill so help yourself!

Squeegee

Nickelpeed said...

I am shocked!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Good for her!!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Everybody! Wow 3 for 3! She's a 'sandbagger'

Glenn Allen said...

My Pool girl Kellee gets an Idol that is good for the next 3 Tribal councils.

Nickelpeed said...

What a great actress! LOL

tbc said...

Wow. That was impressive

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Ed and SueGee

SueGee said...

Hey Penny

Nickelpeed said...

She didn't give herself much credit. She said she had a bad memory; but to go to Harvard, you have to have memory retention, or you bomb out.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you, Jenna!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Ed. Hi SueGee. I didn't think she was paying attention. It was good she got the extra Tribal by taking the second offer. That must have been what Boston Rob meant last week that he had a second offer.

Jackie S. said...

I think this is indeed the strongest bunch of women ever on the show!

monty924 said...

Hi Jackie and everyone... super late tonight.

SueGee said...

Ya mean they actually picked them by something other than how they looked in their skimpy swimming wear or underwear?

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, they are, Jackie. I'm hoping the band together and stay there.

Jenna G said...

Rob nailed her, said she shouldn't be underestimated. Her acting skills were on point!

Petals said...

I know it's early, but I'm just not invested yet in any of these people. :(

MONTY!!

Glenn Allen said...

It might be good my Pool girl has the Idol. My tribe is behind.

Petals said...

Missy MVP

Jenna G said...

It takes me a few shows to figure that out too Petals.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty. Does my tribe get rid of Moira?

Nickelpeed said...

So true, Petals. I have to learn their names first. Once I do that, I get invested. I know a few of them, I do not like. They come on too strong. I love that the women are really strong mentally and physically.

monty924 said...

Well, my tribe won immunity so my girl's safe. Love the hiding the idol in the hair trick!!

jennifer said...

I thought that was brilliant!!

Jenna G said...

You're welcome!

Nickelpeed said...

Is the woman they're thinking of voting out, the germaphobe? If it is, she makes me laugh because she says one of her pet peeves is bad hygiene. That's too funny.

monty924 said...

I'm so far behind it will take me a couple of days to catch up. I've not even seen last week's show in full. I basically watched the TC and that was all, lol.

Nickelpeed said...

No, do not vote Jason. He's my pool person. Waaaaaaa

Nickelpeed said...

Man, I hope this is a blindside. I don't want my guy to go.

Jenna G said...

Oh Molly,.sweet Molly...it never works out like that.

jennifer said...

Is it weird that I think Molly’s hair is pageant ready?!?

tbc said...

Jenna G our pool pick is being threatened...

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh. Yikes!

Jenna G said...

Ahhhhhh no not my pool pick Molly!

Ed in Ohio said...

No not Molly, she's the first one I noticed

Jenna G said...

Oh shoot tbc, we are in truble here.

Nickelpeed said...

Monty, I feel for you. I'm not behind on Survivor, but I have shows on my DVR from last season. I'm beginning to believe I'm going to have to delete some of these.

Who cares if the boys freak out. Blindside!!!

jennifer said...

Jenna, you can be out with me, my pool pick was #1 out

Jenna G said...

Her hair is so pretty. I noticed that too.

Nickelpeed said...

When castaways talk like they did here, they end up keeping the person in who should have gone TC's ago. Then they win. Ben is an example of that.

jennifer said...

I love a good blindside 😊

tbc said...

I am usually out early on the pool pick. I don’t mind...

My BB21 pick made it to jury... yay!!

Jenna G said...

Oh yeah, that was a great blindside though.

Glenn Allen said...

Jennifer it looks like you were reassigned Jack since you were first out.

Jackie S. said...

Jennifer - first out is reassigned. You now have Jack. The updated list is in the post

jennifer said...

Omgosh! That’s fantastic!!! Thanks!!
GooooooJack!!!

Petals said...

I never remember my pool picks. Ever. I think I had David in BB21...but don't remember. LOL

I remember about 10yrs ago, Margo assigned me to OZZIE for one of his Survivor stints! *sigh*

Petals said...

I like the guy who emptied his bag.

Nickelpeed said...

OMG, she just lied. Jason is on the short list for everything he says.

tbc said...

Slow down, take a breath

Petals said...

I don't like NamasteNora. SHUT UP

jennifer said...

Yep!

Glenn Allen said...

Chess not Checkers again lol.

Jenna G said...

Man Jason was on no ones radar until he opened his mouth in tribal.

tbc said...

My thoughts too, Glenn lol

Nickelpeed said...

Jamal just proved that Jason was right.

tbc said...

Why not get Nora out?

Nickelpeed said...

That's not true, Jenna. He was on their target from the beginning because they think he has the idol.

tbc said...

Oh no, Jenna, we’re doomed

monty924 said...

Blindside

Ed in Ohio said...

Were the women jealous of Molly?

Nickelpeed said...

Great blindside. Jamal is going to give them all the 3rd degree.

Ed in Ohio said...

Bummer!

Petals said...

thanks Jackie.

XOXOXOX

jennifer said...

It was her hair

Nickelpeed said...

No, Ed. They didn't like that she was playing on the men's feelings. They wanted to break it up before it got further.

jennifer said...

Thanks so much Jackie, great show.. see everyone next week. Have a great one🤗

Jenna G said...

Oh yeah that's right, thanks Penny. I forgot he was the one that went looking for it so eairly. Still tring to get used to who is who.

Ed in Ohio said...

G'Nite All!

All the best Jackie!

Sorry to see Molly go.

& GO BUCKS!!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you so much, Jackie. Appreciate the time you take for us. See everyone next Wednesday. Have a great week and weekend.

Jenna G said...

Oh well, out early on this one, I do like a good blindside though. Thanks Jackie, have a great week everyone!❤

monty924 said...

Thanks Jackie. Everyone have a great weekend!!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

Indiana Jane said...

Hi
I signed up to be in the pool but do not have an assigned player?

Jackie S. said...

Yipes, Indiana Jane! We're so sorry! You're in it now!