Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Survivor 40: Winners at War - March 11 Blog Party


Well, well, well ... it's time for Shuffle the Tribes.This will indeed change the dynamics for all of the castaways -- some for the better, others destined to have their torches snuffed. A lot of the play we're seeing so far has to do with old school and new school. I think that the old school folks might be in trouble -- while they're good at manipulation and outwitting, they don't really have hidden idol experience and, of course, they're older and perhaps not as strong in physical challenges. 

I'll be updating this entry with the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast -- refresh the page to get the latest happenings! As always, the real party is in the comments area. I hope to see you there!

But first ... here's the latest pool standings from our very own Lifeguard Laurie:

DAKAL (Red tribe)
Kim Spradlin-Wolfe - Dr_Celine
Nick Wilson - Barbara BW, Judi Sweeney
Sandra Diaz-Twine - tbe
Sarah Lacina - SueGee, Cheryl in NC
Sophie Clarke - ChicMc
Tony Vlachos - Karen in CA, Donna in Alabama
Wendell Holland - Nickelpeed, PDX Granny
Yul Kwon - Ed in Ohio

SELE (Blue tribe)
Adam Klein - Lifeguard Laurie, Petals
Ben Driebergen - Rbennie, Shannon
Denise Stapley - Becky, Jennifer
Jeremy Collins - Sharon N
Michele Fitzgerald -Terry is a Texan
Parvati Shallow - Donna in FL
Rob Mariano - Auntie Leigh

Extinction Island
Natalie Anderson - Nana in the NW
Amber Mariano - Delee, Glenn Allen
Danni Boatwright - Jennasmom
Ethan Zohn - Rochelle, Jackie
Tyson Apostol - Janice

Survivor fans ready?


Nick thinks, since Tyson gave him a fire idol. they might work together if he returns. Yeah, sure.

Yul talks about Jonathan Penner's wife having ALS and wants to raise awareness. A brief clip of Yul and Jonathan, plus a spot in the first commercial break.

Right to the new tribes -- three of them. Sele and Dakal mames remain with the addition of Yara. I'll have to do the breakdown a bit later. I can't type fast enough!

Added in -- the new tribe breakdown:
Yara
Rob, Sophie, Sarah, Adam, Ben

Sele
Michele, Wendell, Yul, Parvati, Nick

Dakal
Tony, Sandra, Denise, Kim, Jeremy

Adam, Ben and Rob remain on the same time.

Now it's a matter of seeing who is in with whom and who's on the outs, Tony tells Sandra that there are lions and hyenas in the game. He thinks they should stick it to the hyenas. Nick tells Parvati that she was his high school crush. Michele and Wendell previously dated and it didn't end great. Will they be able to work together? Will they be targeted? Lots of getting to know and re-know each other.

Sophie found one of those share half idols and shared it with Sarah.

To Immunity Challenge is a bit of a Rubik's Cube of stacked blocks after running through obstacles and throwing sandbags at targets to knock the blocks down.

Sele wins Immunity first! Then Dakal. Yikes ... Yara (sp?) with Rob. Ben, Adam, Sophie and Sarah.

Rob is trying to run the vote because he doesn't want to be voted out. He works with Ben and Adam. Adam tells them that one of the girls have an idol. They decide Sophie is stronger in challenges so they need to vote out Sarah. Rpb dictated the three guys had to stay together in camp. Ben is chomping at the bit. Will he stick with the buudy system Rob has laid down?


They don't know that Sarah has the Steal a Vote advantage. 

Heading to Tribal, then commercial time!

Jeff asks how this season differs from others. Sophie says many smaller groups rather than two sides. Ben mentions other seasons have someone dictating. ... hmm. The women talked about the three men sticking together all day. Sarah tells the guys that both women are willing to work with them. Ben talks about it being a numbers game. 

Time to vote ...

No idol played.

Sarah, Rob, Rob, Rob ... three is enough.

He tried his hardest at his Robness, but it didn't work. His Buddy System only works with better buddies. He leaves his fire token to Parvati - no surprise there. Next week two people will be voted out. Only the first winning tribe is safe.


78 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for hosting us, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm anxious to see the switch.

Nickelpeed said...

My God, that is so sad for Jonathan. Wow.

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~*~

Hello Jackie, Vincent & all you other Corona -Free friends!
I avoid Corona because I buy STELLA!

So sad about Penner's wife, but I loved seeing Ozzie in the clips

Petals said...

Hey Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals!

Nickelpeed said...

This is great! I'm anxious to see who's where.

Petals said...

Ugh - just PLEASE put Sandra on a team that cannot be brainwashed

3 tribes???

Petals said...

Sandra can't brainwash Tony (I hope) ! Nor Denise

Petals said...

oh God...

Nickelpeed said...

Parvati will be at the bottom because she is outnumbered.

Dr_Celine said...

I like the old schoolers so much. I am bummed so many are already on Extinction. I find myself actually rooting for Boston Rob, although I like so many of them. Was sad to see Tyson and Ethan go to Extinction.

Nickelpeed said...

Where is everyone?

Dr_Celine said...

Ugh! Bad news for Rob with Adam and Ben there!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Dr Celine! I loved Ethan. He's a class act. I'm hoping Yul, Parvati and Boston Rob survives.

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Jeremy, target Sandra!!

Petals said...

I have always loved Rob & Yul. Shoot - Tony is drinking Sandra's Koolaid.

Nickelpeed said...

Yeah, it doesn't look good for Boston Rob.

Nickelpeed said...

My Gosh, Tony, you think you are a lion? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nickelpeed said...

I've never been a fan of Rob, but I really like Yul.

Nickelpeed said...

I was hoping Parvati would be okay. Maybe the 3 old Dekal will accept Michelle and Parvati on the new Sele tribe. Maybe Nick will switch alliances?

tbc said...

Hi all! So sad about Penner’s wife

Dr_Celine said...

I think Adam and Ben will definitely want Rob gone. 😢

I like the same people you do Nickelpeed!

tbc said...

Aww poorRob

Petals said...

darn it.

Petals said...

so if/when they vote off Rob, he'll be with Amber, both fighting to get back in to the game.

Jackie S. said...

I was distracted a bit -- who found that idol and shared it with Michele? Was it Michele she shared it with?

Petals said...

I will say this - for all the spoilers I get for my other reality shows, there are NEVER Survivor leaks. And I love a good spoiler. I read the last page of a book first; I read the movie spoilers before I see a film. I HATE NOT KNOWING.

Petals said...

Sofie

SueGee said...

Howdy...sorry I'm late but I was making broccoli beef for dinner! Now I'm reading to catch up

Petals said...

HAHAHAHAAA Sandra can't sit out. She IS sitting out tho. She isn't throwing a thing. I despise her.

Petals said...

C'mon YARA

SQUEEEEE

Jackie S. said...

Sophia found it and shared with Michele or was it Sarah she shared with?

Petals said...

It was Sarah

Petals said...

she is the average-looking girl, right? Not tall or thin?

Petals said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tbc said...

Rob, you’ll be reunited with your wife...

Petals said...

Please keep Rob! The girls are safe (both have advantages). Get rid of Adam (even tho he's my pool boy)

Nickelpeed said...

I hope it's not Rob. I think he might be in danger.

Petals said...

Hi Teeb! No love for the Boston?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tbc!!

Hi SueGee!

tbc said...

I just think they will vote him out, Petals. I had hoped to see Sandra go... no love for her at all!

Dr_Celine said...

So bummed. 😢😢

Petals said...

and THIS is why Rob is so cooooool

Petals said...

is that a Corgi, Celine?

Nickelpeed said...

There goes Adam. He'll probably flip.

Petals said...

cool, Teeb. I mean, he's not everyone's fave. But I always thought he was cute, then he became a boyfriend/husband/father and got even cuter, LOL. I have respect for their relationship.
But yeah...I don't see him staying. :(

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, I think they are going to target Rob.

Petals said...

So they are systematically getting rid of the vets, but NOT Sandra??????????

Petals said...

Rob won't be blind-sided...he's expecting this. He's maybe even looking forward to seeing Ambuh.

Petals said...

Did you guys see the short clip of Penner & his wife at the first break? It was horrible, sooooo sad. She had a washcloth shoved in her mouth. Both were gaunt, nearly unrecognizable.
Just heart-breaking.

Petals said...

So ... will the exilees become the fourth tribe?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone. Sorry I am late. This Rob Buddy system hope he gets to stay.

Petals said...

GLENN!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals.

Glenn Allen said...

Sarah and Sophie should know that Boston Rob would be the most loyal.

Petals said...

during ROb's time on the show, they didn't negotiate & whisper at Tribal. He's not used to making all that last=minute wheeling/dealing.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn!

Nickelpeed said...

Very true Petals. I still believe they are going to target Rob.

Petals said...

Well, I hope we get to see the Rob/Amber reunion

Nickelpeed said...

Rob's Old school doesn't even look for HI.

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks.

Sorry. Been busy with this virus stuff.

Petals said...

ARGH, but I knew it was gonna happen.

Can't wait until Sandra joins them (but she won't)

Nickelpeed said...

Crap! Dang it! The new schoolers have the numbers.

I think they'll keep on losing by voting off Rob.

Thank you, Jackie. See everyone next week. Have a great rest of week and weekend.

Petals said...

Joe - what's going on at your school?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe!! At least you made the end.

Glenn Allen said...

Is Sandras Hidden Immunity Idol expired by now? Rob and amber together at least. Does Rob give his Tokens to Parv?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny and Joe.

Nickelpeed said...

Well, I hope Adam is next.

Joe in NY said...


we've suspended face-to-face classes.

Petals said...

not gonna see the ...President Trump! OMG.

TY Jackie. Love you guys

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

Glenn Allen said...

Good Rob gave his tokens to Parvatti

Nickelpeed said...

I'm glad he gave the coin to Parvati. She's building up a supply!

Nickelpeed said...

LOL @ Petals!

Dr_Celine said...

Petals - It’s a chihuahua. I recently lost him. I had him 16 1/2 years. 😢

The moleman said...

Lost another one tonight! Still rooting for ben, michele and nick!

Petals said...

I'm sorry Dr Celine...that is so sad. *hugs*

Dr_Celine said...

Thanks Petals. 🌺