Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Survivor 40: Winners at War - March 25 Blog Party


Welcome to your favorite social distancing party -- one that started long before the virus hit! I hope you're all safe and well. As for the show, I can't help but think that because we're down to three small tribes, the merge will be coming soon. Perhaps next week?

As the show airs here on the East Coast, I'll be updating this entry with the major happenings. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

The Luverly Lifeguard Laurie has updated the blog pool and here are the latest standings --

DAKAL
Denise Stapley - Becky, Jennifer
Jeremy Collins - Sharon N
Kim Spradlin-Wolfe - Dr_Celine
Tony Vlachos - Karen in CA, Donna in Alabama

SELE
Michele Fitzgerald -Terry is a Texan
Nick Wilson - Barbara BW, Judi Sweeney
Parvati Shallow - Donna in FL
Wendell Holland - Nic+F10:F30kelpeed, PDX Granny
Yul Kwon - Ed in Ohio

YARA
Adam Klein - Lifeguard Laurie, Petals
Ben Driebergen - Rbennie, Shannon
Sarah Lacina - SueGee, Cheryl in NC
Sophie Clarke - ChicMc

Extinction Island
Natalie Anderson - Nana in the NW
Amber Mariano - Delee, Glenn Allen
Danni Boatwright - Jennasmom
Ethan Zohn - Rochelle, Jackie
Tyson Apostol -Janice
Rob Mariano - Auntie Leigh

Sandra Diaz-Twine - tbc

Survivor fans ready?

We're starting out tonight on Extinction. Sandra tells them exactly how it went down with her. Whoa ... Sandra is already saying she will quit because Extinction just isn't for her. (Of course, those who leave before the filming is over actually stay in a nice hotel for the duration.) Sandra does indeed quit, saying she's still the queen and will always stay the queen, but she's gone.

On his tribe, Wendell is under the gun from Yul. Now Yul has a bit of distrust going on. Wendell bristles when Michele offers him advice. He didn't do that with Yul. Yul picked right up on that. How to win friends and influence people!

Back to Extinction and Ethan talks to us. It's depressing. He feels defeated and there's no hope. He says he just had a moment. Parvati pep talked him out of his incoming state of funk. He gets something with one scroll for each -- one clue for each. Four fire tokens scattered at the top of the island. They're all on the hunt. 

Tyson finds the first one. Rob hides the fact that he found the other three.

Tony thinks he's sitting fairly pretty even without his ally Sandra in the game. He thinks Denise will be more of a target than he is. He doesn't realize that Jeremy thinks Tony is the biggest target. And, Kim thinks that Tony is more the odd man out. It looks like Tony is going to need them to win Immunity or the merge to come on to remain in the game.

While they're still celebrating peanut butter and jelly, Yara definitely has issues. They all think Adam has an idol. Adam is sure Sarah has an idol. Meanwhile. it's Sophie who has it. Adam is still convinced they're lying to him about neither Ben or Sarah having an idol. Silly boy. He continues to alienate himself.

Immunity challenge time, carrying large saucer, fill with water, run to fill well with water, puzzle.

YARA wins the first immunity! Dakal wins the second. Sele will be going to Tribal Counci, losing by perhaps a second. Yul tells us that Wendell may have dug his own grave. We'll have to wait and see.

Nick thinks Wendell screwed up the challenge by showboating and trashtalking. That's the same thing Yul said. Wendell tries to convince Michele to vote Yul. He thinks he can get Nick on board with that. Yul wants to backstab Wendell and get his fire tokens. Uh-oh -- that sets off red flags for Nick, thinking Yul wants to run everything. Whatever ... it will end up being Yul or Wendell.

It's off to Tribal a few minutes earlier than usual. What will go down? Yul tells Jeff he's smirking. Wendell says that the group made a decision. Jeff points out to Yul that he's the remaining old school. Yul says he's lied more in this game so far than he did his entire season. Then he talks fire tokens. Jeff brings up pre-existing relationships and Jeff brings up Michele/Wendell. Wendell says he wants to win and will work with anyone to get to the end. Now, that doesn't set all that well with Michele. Nick claims the four are his final four. He would come back and work with them. Wendell says no. Yul says it might be his only option.

Time to tally the votes. No idols played.

Yul, Wendell, Yul, Yul.

No real surprise, but I'm sorry to see him go.

And, yes ... the merge is on for next week.



156 comments:

Petals said...

~*~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~*~*~


Hi everyone!! Hey Ms Jackie, Vincent! So good to be among friends this evening, YAY

I have STELLAAAAAAAAAA

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie!! Thank you for hosting us. It's greatly appreciated.

Hi Petals!!

Petals said...

Oh happy dancing! Remembering Sandra being evicted!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn!!!

Nickelpeed said...

It really wouldn't have mattered whether or not she gave Dennis her idol or not.

Yep, she is going to tap out.

Petals said...

GO!

jennifer said...

Hi everyone!!

Petals said...

She refuses to work or compete in a physcal challenge..wow... BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

What?!?

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Sandra a quitter. Just like her sit out bench.

Petals said...

Hey Jennifer, Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi jennifer

Petals said...

right Glenn? lol I love it.

Queen? My a**

SueGee said...

~~~~SPLASH~~~~~~~ Still in the pool!!

Howdy everyone! Not sharing my dinner tonight - who knows when I will get to the store again!

SqueeGee

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh, Wendell is going to target Yul now.

jennifer said...

Everyone’s comments about Sandra are spot on

tbc said...

Hi all! I have a big pitcher of quarantini’s tonight. Enjoy!

Petals said...

How is everyone doing?

Nickelpeed said...

Oh Wendell, you won only because ONE person put your name down. Someone who was in your alliance.

jennifer said...

Yummy

Petals said...

TEEB!! Quarantinis! That is perfect!!! Love it!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee and tbc

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny and Jennifer.

Nickelpeed said...

I'll have a Quaratini!! I'm stir crazy!!

I feel so sorry for Ethan.

I wonder if there's a challenge to get back in to the game?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi SueGee and tBC

Nickelpeed said...

They are great friends out of the game.

jennifer said...

Any word on how the finale will go, got to think about social distances

jennifer said...

Ethan and parvati smiles are gorgeous!

Nickelpeed said...

Tyson is really good at this. He finds items really easy.

Nickelpeed said...

Portly chap. LOLOLOLOL

SueGee said...

I wouldn't want to fly anywhere for anything right now! Finale might be via Skype or something

tbc said...

Here you go, Penny🍸

The moleman said...

Interesting!

Joe in NY said...

Because I'm amazing

Petals said...

Portly? wow.

Petals said...

Hey Joe! xoxxo

SueGee said...

Not even sure what they have planned for Idol with the live shows coming up

Nickelpeed said...

My gosh!! Rob found them. LOL.

Petals said...

LOVE YOU ROB

Nickelpeed said...

Good for Rob!

Glenn Allen said...

Boston Rob with 3 lol

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe and moleman!!

Petals said...

Portly fellow didn't do too badly for himself, did he Tyson? You fat-phobic jerk

Nickelpeed said...

How many tokens does Natalie have?

jennifer said...

Rob, being the portly lad is on fire!!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Everbody! Wow Rob killed it.....3 out of 4

The moleman said...

Hi

Nickelpeed said...

@ Petals - LOL

Joe in NY said...

Hi Petals

Petals said...

Hey Squeeeee

SueGee said...

Hey Petals!

Jackie S. said...

Who knows what the world we live in will be like come May? Around here it's really bad. 94 cases in a nearby nursing home. Cases almost doubling by the day here in town.

jennifer said...

Stay safe! The end is May?!?

Petals said...

Hi ed!

So is everyone doing well with the social distancing? Myself? I love being a shut-in. Agoraphobics everywhere UNITE!

SueGee said...

May seems far away - but I already had to cancel our Retiree's group's Day at the Races May 8th. Of course the race track is closed and all the people are working from home...but they are supposed to start running races without people in the stands!

Petals said...

I work in dentistry, which is a super-high-risk industry. I was given the option of working 12 hrs/week or going on unemployment. Duh - unemployment won (pays more!) But you'd be surprised at the amount of patients who consider a recement crown an "emergency".

SueGee said...

The only difference between being retired and being required to stay home is that I miss going shopping!! And out to lunch!!

Petals said...

One good thing is tennis: Roger had knee surgery and was gonna be out for months. Now EVERYONE is out and no one advances in the rankings. YAY (Silly, but it's the little things...)

Has everyone watched Tiger King on Netflix? Watch it...let's discuss!

Glenn Allen said...

Jackie be safe.

Petals said...

My pool Boy Adam is no dummy

SueGee said...

Oh another difference is that I still get paid! I feel sorry for people that got laid off. My son bought a new car last month but is still working for now...

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, they are lying, Adam, but you're actually a paranoid jerk.

Nickelpeed said...

Sorry if people like Adam. I'm not one of his fans. However, he is very smart.

Petals said...

Still no relief for renters in my state. If I don't pay my April rent, I'll get an eviction notice on 4/10. THAT chaps me, but I keep hoping my state's gov will step-up.

Glenn Allen said...

They Postponed the Olympics until 2021.

jennifer said...

I did and what a fantastic train wreck!!

Jackie S. said...

No Netflix here

Petals said...

oh man Jackie - it is NUTS, just NUTS!

Ed in Ohio said...

Tomorrow would have been opening day for my Cleveland Indians. Supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow it would have been nice. Had a lot of opening days in the past when it was cold & snowing.

Nickelpeed said...

Stay safe, Jackie. Everyone stay safe.

My husband and I are self isolated. Not really by choice, though. My work has been postponed. Since I work in the entertainment and sport industry, everything is on hold. My husband works on an Air Force base and they've gone to essential personnel only. The others have to work from home. It isn't easy to hook up a military computer to home wifi. So, he still gets up early and works until 4:30. Me, I'm bored.

Petals said...

Jackie - it's be worth it just to do a "free trial" then cancel after watching

SueGee said...

Petals, the governor here even got the big mortgage banks to give 90 day grace periods. Grace periods for rent etc are city by city for now

jennifer said...

The saucer is gonna be heavy!!

My husband is a teacher, KS governor cancelled school for the rest of the school year, he is so bored. I’m at a hospital, so I’m essential.. good thing I think we would go crazy together, lol

Petals said...

Sue - you're lucky. I am still praying for governor to help.

Nickelpeed said...

Yeah, Ed, I hope baseball is only postponed until the end of April. Poor NBA. No season at all. I feel so badly for NCAA and high school sports. All these senior lost their final year. No graduation. It's sad. NCAA sports were robbed. One of our local teams, UD, was rated #3 in the country; and they can't go further. I know it saves their lives, but they lose their year.

Petals said...

Jenn - thank you for your service, girl!

monty924 said...

Howdy everyone... I just realized it was Wednesday @@

Nickelpeed said...

I tell you, Adam, Ben, Sophie and Sarah have worked well together well.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi monty

Petals said...

c'mon Yara

jennifer said...

Monty , glad you made it!

jennifer said...

That was sooooo close!!

Petals said...

MONTY!! Have a Quarantini

monty924 said...

This working from home has my days all jumbled together

SueGee said...

Hey Monty!!

jennifer said...

Will Michelle urn on Wendall??

Ed in Ohio said...

Wendall sucked at that puzzle

Nickelpeed said...

That means they'll either vote out Yul or Wendell.

Nickelpeed said...

He should have let someone else do the challenge.

Petals said...

Monty - Sandra quit. BWHAAAAA

monty924 said...

This Quarantini is marvelous... thanks Pal and thanks for messaging me, LOL

Ed in Ohio said...

Yea I hear ya' Penny!

monty924 said...

What??? She raised the sail?

Nickelpeed said...

Jennifer - stay safe. It's been so hard on medical workers. Thank you for what you do.

monty924 said...

She was never going to get back on a tribe anyway... sucks at challenges

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, nobody should be evicted from their homes. It's not your fault you were forced to stay home. That was a state order. Hopefully, your Governor steps in.

monty924 said...

We have our fist confirmed case in the county next to mine

Petals said...

yeah, Monty. She heard that they had to work for food, etc. She checked-out. But declared herself "Queen" as she raised the surrender flag. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Wendell and Michelle are closer than the other two think.

Nickelpeed said...

Crap, I bet it will be Yul. I hate that.

The moleman said...

Ya and i think it can be beneficial if they just work together!

Nickelpeed said...

Yep, it's going to be Yul. The last of the Old School. Bummer.

Petals said...

Can't wait to see how/when these magical Fire Tokens get played.

The moleman said...

Everyone has been saying yul if sele lost: I'll believe it when i see it!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty. Yes Sandra pulled the flag.

jennifer said...

How fast things can flip!!

monty924 said...

It will be Yul... they'r taking out all the old school winners

monty924 said...

Hey, Glenn

The moleman said...

Not clear yet!

monty924 said...

Hey SueGee

Ed in Ohio said...

Dang! Last week my 'fan fave' Parvati voted out, now it looks like my 'pool guy' Yul is next. These are the only 2 I'm rooting for. Oh well! :((

Nickelpeed said...

I think they're wrong in saying Yul will control everything. It's been pretty much Wendell controlling everything as of now.

monty924 said...

My brother is starting to watch it, Petals. He said all the memes would make since to me, LOL

tbc said...

I want Wendell to go...

Nickelpeed said...

Why does he mention that. I hate Jeff sometimes. Bad boy!!!

Petals said...

LOL Monty. It's all fun & games until the last 15 seconds. IMO

jennifer said...

That smirk!!

Petals said...

SAVE YUL

Nickelpeed said...

Even though Wendell is my pool guy, I want him to go.

monty924 said...

Hi Homie

Ed in Ohio said...

Last week @ tribal Yul barely spoke....now he might be talking too much.

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, that was a different Wendell.

Nickelpeed said...

I agree, Ed. He might have said too much.

jennifer said...

No clue who’s out!

Petals said...

You can tell Jeff does not like Wendell. wow.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Homie! I'm a little distracted tonight. Been multi-tasking.

Nickelpeed said...

She's so wishy washy sometimes. She'll make deals with everyone.

Petals said...

Jackie - if you have the time, maybe we need to all get together to chat between shows? About nothing, anything? Another show? Just to keep us together & our spirits up?
Just an idea...

Nickelpeed said...

Come on everyone, vote Wendell....Please?

The moleman said...

I'll only be suprised if it's nick!

Nickelpeed said...

That sounds great Jackie.

Petals said...

I bet they boys all vote her out.

monty924 said...

Damn

tbc said...

Noooooo!!!!!!

Ed in Ohio said...

BOOOOOOOO!

Nickelpeed said...

Doggone it all!! I was rooting for Yul. Dang it!!

jennifer said...

Wow!

The moleman said...

O.k.!

Petals said...

oh no

Nickelpeed said...

No Old School left, I'm sad.

jennifer said...

Y’all stay safe, smart and hopeful 🤗
Thanks Jackie for a wonderful evening!! See y’all next week!!

Ed in Ohio said...

They're killin' me!!

Petals said...

Well, thank you Jackie! It's always so cool to party with friends, but especially now!
STAY SAFE my loves.
XOXOXOXOX

monty924 said...

Now I have to watch it from the beginning, LOL.

Thanks Jackie, thanks Petals for messaging me and everyone stay safe and well. Wash your hands!!!

Ed in Ohio said...

G'nite All! Stay safe & be Well!!

Thanks Jackie!

Dr_Celine said...

Wish I didn't live in CA and have to wait 3 more hours to watch this. I never get to participate in the pool parties because if I do, the show is spoiled for me. It's really such a bummer. I would LOVE to be enjoying each week with all of you for both Survivor AND Big Brother. I hope it's Wendell going home but I'm leaving the party before I find out! Stay safe everyone - especially those of you in New York!! Prayers!

The moleman said...

If no merge and sele loses again then i think nick's in trouble!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. Really, Really appreciate it.

Hopefully, I'll see everyone next Wednesday!!

Glenn Allen said...

I Hope Old School comes back from extinction. Did Sophie get Youl's tokens?

Nickelpeed said...

I think so, moleman

Jackie S. said...

I can possibly set something up post-wise although right now I'm not really up to blogging another show. My vision and back issues make it difficult. But, let me know.

Thank you all for coming and stay safe!

The moleman said...

I know i'm actually rooting for michele and nick and ben, think her best play is with her ex!

The moleman said...

Ok merge, think michele, Wendell,and nick can add sophie, denise and jeremy, and mabye tony and sarah depending on who comes back!

Auntie Leigh said...

Petals, we can chat here all week if we want. I am in Cali so can never join the live blog either.