Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The Amazing Race 34: 'The Amazing Race of Arabia' Episode Blog Party - Oct. 19

 

Last week finished up a two-episode double leg. This week they head to a new country. Woot!

I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

The Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee updated the blog pool for last week and it's still good this week! Cool! Who's your team?

Abby & Will -- Jasonuwp, Krysta Gibson, Marthalight
Aubrey & David -- Donna in FL, Dr Celine, Skyriverblue
Derek & Claire -- Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc, Donna NY
Emily & Molly -- Joanne Victoria, Judi Sweeney, Sharon N
Glenda & Lumumba -- Glenn Allen, Indiana Jane, Petals
Luis & Michelle -- Andi, Mikes Girl, RJMnSC
Linton & Sharik -- Cheryl in NC, Jackie, Willie J
Marcus & Michael -- Brenda, Chrob61, Nickelpeed
Quinton & Mattie -- Donna in Alabama, monty924, Sharon C

PHILIMINATED
Aastha & Nina
Tim & Rex
Rich & Dom

Race fans ready? Let's GO!

The teams are flying to the Kingdom of Jordan, a first for the show. They are taking a steam train in the desert. Uh-oh, men on both horseback and camelback coming at them with swords! They ride up to them, then one hands out clues to each team, wishing each team good luck before they take off once again.

They have to get in cars with a driver. They're wearing masks as are their drivers. I think Covid, but it should also help with dust. Ah, they take them off outside the cars. Covid.

Roadblock: Who wants to test their metal? Search for movie spaceship debris buried in the sand with a metal detector.

They will go to the City of Petra. Michael/Marcus are in the lead. Unfortunately, my personal favorites -- Derek/Claire -- and my blog pool pick -- Sharik/Linton -- are in the third and last group. The groups are fifteen minutes apart. Now Sharik/Linton are the last team searching for the Petra clue.

The teams are running through Petra to get the next clue. Detour - Camel Caravan -- Hungry camels need their hay and water. Palace Puzzle -- what the carved cliff art looked like five thousand years ago slide puzzle.

Luis/Michelle and Derek/Claire get the puzzle done first and second. Michael/Marcus rue their choice of the camels, realizing it's a difficult physical task in the heat. It's off to the Pit Stop next. Linton foolishly chooses the camels when they are the last team arriving at the Detour. Aubrey and David are having problems with the puzzle ... but it could be for editing effect. I think I will probably be out of the blog pool tonight! Sure enough, they show the two teams finishing their tasks and heading towards the Pit Stop around the same time.

Pit Stop

1. Luis/Michelle - Won $5,000
2. Derek/Claire
3. Marcus/Michael
4. Abby/Will
5. Emily/Molly
6. Quinton/Mattie
7. Lumumba/Glenda
8. Aubrey/David
9. Linton/Sharik -- Philiminated

My blog pool pick team is out. Long live Derek and Claire! 

28 comments:

SueGee said...

This time I'm early!! Howdy to Jackie and all that enter here.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you.

Too much sand for me. Unless there is a beach, no go.

I love the train, though.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee.

SueGee said...

Hey Penny!

Jackie S. said...

The train is cool as was the way they got the clues!

Nickelpeed said...

My husband, my daughter, and I took a steam train to the top of Grand Canyon. During the trip, we had a robbery. I'm filming away. One of the bandits came up to me and asked how's the view. However, you might want to take the lens cap off if you want a better picture. LOL

SueGee said...

Since TAR won't be on here for 3 more hours, I'm watching Jeopardy Second Chance - love this twist! And of course I'm following Jackie's blog too...

Nickelpeed said...

Jeopardy second chance was good tonight.

Nickelpeed said...

Now, that's cool. Someone driving for them.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Sue Gee and Penny

Nickelpeed said...

Ugh, sand.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn

Nickelpeed said...

So much history. Wow.

SueGee said...

Hi Glenn!

Love the train part. My Dad worked on one when I was born. All his brothers and his Dad were railroad men at some time or other. I've taken several long trips, and would like to take one across the US and the one across Canada too.

Nickelpeed said...

Me, too, Glenn. It'd be fun. I loved taking the train in Europe. However, their transportation system is better than ours. Most people take the trains, etc.

Jackie S. said...

I commuted by NJ Transit train for work for about 13 years. Not as much fun!

Nickelpeed said...

That's beautiful.

Nickelpeed said...

I bet it wasn't, Jackie. I used it once in Boston; it was no fun, but interesting.

Glenn Allen said...

Very true Penny

Nickelpeed said...

The daughter loves to complain. Maybe she should go home.

Nickelpeed said...

A train through the Canadian Rockies would be gorgeous.

Glenn Allen said...

Penny wasn't the Daughter thye one who wanted to go home last week?

SueGee said...

The Travel group associated with my retiree's group just did the Canadian RR trip. Got to watch and see if they do it again next year. The other trip that looks fun is Cuba. Well, they all look fun! I'm watching for one to Australia and New Zealand and saving my pennies.

Nickelpeed said...

Yes. I wasn't a Dom fan, but I would have rather seen her win, than the daughter. Every time something goes wrong, she wants to go home. I can see her wanting to quit this, too

Nickelpeed said...

SueGee, I want to go to Australia so badly. It's been a dream since I was a little girl. It's just a loooooong flight.

Jackie S. said...

Linton/Sharik are my blog pool team. She is such a whiner! He's okay, but ...!

Jackie S. said...

Now Ican freely cheer on Derek and Claire! Thanks for coming by!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie.

See everyone next Wednesday.