Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The Amazing Race 34: 'Don't Look Down' Episode Blog Party - Nov. 23

 

I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

Teams are continuing the leg still in Spain.

The Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee had the week off as this is a "mega-leg" and no Philimination until tonight. Here's where we stand:

Aubrey & David -- Donna in FL, Dr Celine, Skyriverblue
Derek & Claire -- Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc, Donna NY
Emily & Molly -- Joanne Victoria, Judi Sweeney, Sharon N
Luis & Michelle -- Andi, Mikes Girl, RJMnSC
Marcus & Michael -- Brenda, Chrob61, Nickelpeed

PHILIMINATED
Aastha & Nina
Tim & Rex
Rich & Dom
Linton & Sharik
Abby & Will (Covid)
Glenda & Lumumba
Quinton & Mattie

Race fans ready? Let's GO!

We start off with a recap. Derek and Claire leave first, driving to Ronda in Spain, to Puenta Nuevo (an ancient bridge). The teams are leaving in order of their halfway status.

Oh, geez ... back to Emily/Molly and Marcus/Michael at the fish from last week. The twins finish first, then the guys.

Derek/Claire took a wrong turn giving Luis/Michelle a first to the Detour clue. Bend Over Backwards build an arch or Dress for Success -- studying dancers and accessorizing them. Aubrey/David team with Derek/Claire again. Now they are at the Detour clue. All three teams choose the dancers. Luis/Michelle keep getting the accessories wrong -- wrong shawl.

Luis figures it out. They are the first to finish and get their clue.

Emily/Molly have the Detour clue. Aubrey/David make it through first shot on the dancer, tell Derek/Claire what they did wrong.

Roadblock - High wire and get the first flag they saw on the race. Or leg. Hmm. Michelle does it. And, she did it! Got the right flag. They have to head between Ernest and Orsen where the Pit Stop is waiting.

The brothers are the only team choosing Bend Over Backwards at the Detour. Uh-oh ... Emily/Molly are lost! Derek/Claire finish the Detour. The twins get to the Detour and the brothers get to their Detour choice.

Teams are being misled by the Roadblock clue -- Who's Been Paying Attention because of the flag. But it's the highwire! Both Claire and Aubrey are doing it and both are really frightened by heights. Claire breaks down after she finishes.

The last two teams are heading to the Roadblock. The twins get there first. Ack. She may be picking the wrong flag. Nope, got it right! They are heading to the Pit Stop. Now the guys finished the Roadblock.

Pit Stop Order:
1. Luis/Michelle - won Expedia trip to Tokyo
2. Aubrey/David
3. Derek/Claire
4. Emily/Molly
5. Marcus/Michael -- Philiminated

30 comments:

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! My house smells really good right now...just finished an apple pie and the pumpkin just went in!! Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!

Squeegee

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sue gee! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you again.

Hi SueGee. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope more show up for this than they did for Survivor.

SueGee said...

Hi Glenn. I made it right at the end of Survivor, and decided I haven't watched it yet so no comments LOL

Jackie S. said...

This season the blog has been quieter although there are a lot of lurkers. I always think having new shows the night before Thanksgiving is a bad idea. People are traveling, people are busy.

SueGee said...

I'm supposed to be in Chicagoland with the rest of my family, but things got complicated this year with my husband's health. Usually go to his sister's house but he didn't want to go anywhere so I am stuck home cooking. Had a turkey breast roast in the freezer and I found a small turkey thigh at the store - so we will have white and dark meat!! and stuffing and gravy etc etc. I really LOVE pumpkin pie so I made one myself!!

Brenda said...

Evening everyone! Sorry I missed Survivor, trying to get organized for tomorrow!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi again Glenn

SueGee said...

Hi Brenda and Nickelpeed and Jackie too

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Penny and Jackie. Hi Brenda! DX and Claire might need to work with the Couple they asking Directions!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Brenda.

SueGee, this is the first time in 30 years that we have been home for Thanksgiving. We usually go to my mother-in-laws. She passed last year, so no place to go. So, I'm fixing Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be nice to not travel for once.

Glenn Allen said...

Dx and Claire working with the couple should help them.

Nickelpeed said...

Wrong shawl, look closer.

SueGee said...

I think I would be happy with a turkey sandwich (with stuffing and cranberries) tomorrow. Less dishes to wash LOL

Glenn Allen said...

DX and Claire going back for the castinets!

Jackie S. said...

I will be here alone. I decided no turkey. I'm breaking my lower sodium ways and having bacon-wrapped pork loin in the air fryer. Easy!

SueGee said...

Sounds good to me Jackie!

Nickelpeed said...

I don't know if I could do that. However, my husband is more scared of heights than I am.

Glenn Allen said...

Claire and Aubrey don't like Heights!

Nickelpeed said...

That sounds great Jackie. Bacon is always great.

Brenda said...

Some days I have problems walking on the ground with my knee, let alone on a rope at 300 ft!

SueGee said...

Know that feeling Brenda!! Bad knee/back/hip jeeze I'm old!!

Nickelpeed said...

Oh man, I don't want Marcus and Michael to be gone. But, I think they will be last. :'(

Nickelpeed said...

My guys are gone. :'(

Nickelpeed said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

SueGee said...

Have a good Thanksgiving everyone!! See you next week!!

Brenda said...

Phil instead!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Brenda said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! LOL LOL, I know the old part SueGee!

Mike Barer said...

I like the twins, but I am so sick of her kvetching about her leg. Can't they cut those parts out?