Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Amazing Race 34: 'Vamos a la Playa' Episode Blog Party - November 16

 


My apologies for the non-blog last week. I'm actually still in the same predicament. The television I ordered mysteriously got lost in transit and its replacement hasn't arrived. I was thinking I could stream tonight's TV shows on my old tablet, but no go. It's too old for streaming, I guess. So, I'm doing this split-screen on my desktop computer tonight. Please bear with me!

I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

The Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee updated the blog pool for us. Are you still in it to win it? Last week Derek and Claire came in first place!

Aubrey & David -- Donna in FL, Dr Celine, Skyriverblue
Derek & Claire -- Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc, Donna NY
Emily & Molly -- Joanne Victoria, Judi Sweeney, Sharon N
Luis & Michelle -- Andi, Mikes Girl, RJMnSC
Marcus & Michael -- Brenda, Chrob61, Nickelpeed

PHILIMINATED
Aastha & Nina
Tim & Rex
Rich & Dom
Linton & Sharik
Abby & Will (Covid)
Glenda & Lumumba
Quinton & Mattie

Race fans ready? Let's GO!

We start off with a recap and Quinton/Maddie getting Philiminated. All teams are headed to Spain. It's another mega-leg with two Roadblocks and two Detours.

Claire thinks they don't want to get lost or burn out. Aubrey and David are starting off with them.

Roadblock - Who will master the pieces? Recreate a Picasso masterpiece puzzle style. They are at the birthplace of Picasso. The second group is off and running. Emily is having a real problem with her sore knee. That's a shame -- they have been a great team! Uh-oh, she chooses to do the Roadblock not realizing how physical it is because the pieces are so heavy.

CLAIRE finishes first and Derek shouts that he loves her. They are off to a port to get the next clue. They get bikes to go. Derek talks about all the things he's crashed. Eep! Aubrey finishes next. Then Michelle.

Detour - Fish Fry -- speared fish over an open flame in a boat. Teams must do a certain amount.  Sailboat Supply - deliver a large ice filled cooler to a yacht via paddleboard. Derek/Claire go for fish fry. Emily finishes up the Picasso so it's only Marcus/Michael left.

Marcus/Michael finally out of Picasso. Emily/Molly got a bit lost. Derek/Claire help out Aubrey/David at the fish with Derek saving them from the fatal flaw of not salting it. Claire says they will help them until they can't anymore. Derek/Claire through first heading to the MegaLeg. Michelle/Luis finish up the paddleboard. Aubrey/David finish the fish.

The fish have just Emily/Molly and Marcus/Michael left competing.

The show ends at that point with a TO BE CONTINUED.


21 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Everyone, again!

Jackie S. said...

I guess we'll see if there is an everyone!

Jackie S. said...

Now I'm out of both pools. I'm cheering on Derek/Claire for this one.

Glenn Allen said...

Since my pool person gone pulling for Claire and DX!

Glenn Allen said...

Claire made a mistake choosing a spot away from the example!

Jackie S. said...

I'm glad those two became a couple. I really thought a lot of both of them on BB.

Jackie S. said...

Right now there isn't a team I dislike in the running.

Glenn Allen said...

I agree Jackie! Claire and DX make a great couple! They are friends with Tyler and Angela!

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie. Thanks for posting. This is a good season. I’ve been rewatching old ones and there are seasons everyone is awful. Sam

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Sorry I'm so late tonight...late enough to miss Survivor!! Oh - it will be on here in a little bit!! Hope you are all doing (and feeling) well tonight!

Squeegee

SueGee said...

I've enjoyed all the teams this year! Some I wonder why they even try - but someone always has to go home first!

Squee

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe and Sam and SueGee!

Jackie S. said...

Ah, people! It's been almost all Glenn and me!

Jackie S. said...

Welcome, Sam and Sue. I'm really enjoying Emily and Molly. What a story and what a team! But I still will cheer on Derek/Claire!

Jackie S. said...

And, Joe ... hi again.

Jackie S. said...

Sue - I fixed that issue, thank you.

Glenn Allen said...

Does it seem like more Mega Legs this season?

Anonymous said...

It does Glenn. I’m not sure yet if I like it. Sam

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - In lieu of non-Philimination legs. There are none of those this season and they need to have a certain amount of episodes.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming!