Monday, January 16, 2006

New 'Survivor' Castaways: A Closer Look at Shane Powers


It's time for a closer look at the new 'Survivor' castaway Shane Powers. According to the quick blurb on his CBS official bio, he's the 35 year old owner of an entertainment marketing company in Los Angeles.

What I found out by poking around on the web is that he's an actor who's played numerous small roles in movies and television shows. When you think of it, his name reeks of made up/made for TV/movies-ness. I suppose it could be real, but I must wonder. It's either an acting name or he's perhaps a superhero -- Shane Powers, Man of Mystique!

Back to the CBS bio:
Born and grew up in Omaha, then moved to Los Angeles. (To be a star?) Quoted from the CBS site: "In 1999, Powers and two business partners established a boutique specialty marketing company with the goal of effectively branding products. On the side, Powers makes time to coach his son's football team. Previous employment included work as a club promoter and restaurant manager." Odd, no acting mention. However, I confirmed my own findings through other websites. So, it's not just me. If he wins, he wants to buy a field and equipment for his son's football team. Awww. He also thinks he'll be a physical threat and that he can manipulate people without them resenting him. We'll see, I guess!

From his CBS Favorites:
Hmmm... these aren't striking me all that well. Under scents, "girls who get the perfume right." Attitude, I say! His favorite sports to play are "all, flag football." Huh? Wouldn't flag football be part of all? He likes playing ALL sports? He likes warm vodka. Bleh.

My predictions based soley on what I'm reading in his bio and favorites? Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I read egotistical and a touch of arrogance. I think he could very well alienate the others and be an early boot.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOAAA,,,YOU MIGHT HAVE HIT THIS NUT RIGHT ON THE HEAD???A LITTLE SMART THINKING I BELIEVE,,,YOU GO MY DEAR,,,Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jackie. Enjoying your "meet the . . ." remarks. My guess is in line with yours for an early boot, maybe not the first but not too close to the jury. My guess is that he is the gay man, father of a son notwithstanding. Warm vodka?

Anonymous said...

Shane Powers IS his real name, not a made up one. He is definitely not gay...