Sunday, February 19, 2006

12 'American Idol' Girls - Who Will Go Home This Week?

The 24 Finalists have been chosen on 'American Idol.' In this entry, I'm going to give my thoughts and predictions on the 12 girls (women?). Who will be amongst the final 6? On Tuesday night, we'll see the girls go for the gold. Oh, wait... it's not the Winter Olympics! On Thursday night, the votes will be in -- two girls will be sent packing. For home, that is. For the next three weeks, starting this week, the girls will perform on Tuesday nights, the boys on Wednesdays. Thursday nights will be the results show. After the three weeks, the field will be narrowed to the 12 Finalists.

If you click on the images below, you'll see a slightly larger picture. Of course, for the real skinny -- head to the 'American Idol' website!



My thoughts? Okay, here we go:

Paris Bennett: I predict she'll make it to be one of the 12 overall Finalists and has a good shot at making it near the Final 2 of the women, at least.

Stevie Scott: Who? 'Nuff said.

Katharine McPhee: Hmm... I think she'll be gone before the final 6 girls are voted in. Not first out, but not making the six. (Oops, I spelled Katharine as Katherine in my image. Not gonna change it, but yeah... I just noticed. Oops.)

Kellie Pickler: I predict she'll make it into the Final 12. She's not my favorite at all, but I think she's developing a fan base which will carry her far.

Kinnik Sky: I'm on the border with this one. Iffy on the edge of the Final Six Girls, doubt she'll take it all, for sure.

Lisa Tucker: I think this gal has a lot of talent. I predict she'll make it to the 12 Finalists, but I wouldn't go so far as predicting she'll be The American Idol this season.

Ayla Brown: I think she'll make it to the ranks of the Six Finalist Girls, but out soon after that.

Becky O'Donohue: On the fence. Doubt she'll win; may or may not make it to the Final Six Girls.

Mandisa: Top 12, a shot at taking it all. If nothing else, I think I'm really going to be entertained by her!

Melissa McGhee: Out before the 12 Finalists.

Brenna Gethers: Out THIS WEEK -- mostly due to a personality the show fans won't like.

Heather Cox: Out before the 12 Finalists.

All right, that makes me feel these five will make it to the Final Six Girls: Paris Bennett, Mandisa, Kellie Pickler, Ayla Brown and Lisa Tucker. On the fence are Becky O'Donohue and Kinnik Sky. Out before the finalist round: Melissa McGhee, Heather Cox, Brenna Gethers, Stevie Scott and Katharine McPhee.

Of course, each and every one of them sing better than I do!

What do you think? What six girls will make the cut to the 12 Finalists? Feel free to disagree with me or agree... I'd like to read your comments! I'll be posting a similar entry about their male counterparts soon.

No comments: