Saturday, February 11, 2006

'American Idol' Turn Away - NY Opera Guy Andolino

Well, well, well. It seems 'American Idol' wannabe Anthony Andolino isn't going to go gentle into that good night. Remember him? The heavy-set guy who likes to sing opera and has over 65 pets? The one Simon Cowell sneered at and talked about the cost of food after he left? Yep, him!

He's hit the whole tabloid show circuit and he's determined to get his name out there. The night he was on the show (Vegas auditions), I mentioned "local boy." And, from this article in the local newspaper - Show's loss is vocalist's gain -- it's even more local than I thought. He works at the Petco store about a half mile away from me. I could go in there to buy furry mice for my two cats and see if he's there. Or not.

Anthony also has his own website at NY Opera Guy Dot Com. I was trying to think where I've seen him before - it wasn't Petco as I frequent PetSmart instead. Aha! I've seen him near Times Square!

No comments: