Saturday, February 18, 2006

Argh, TV Frustration!

Now, don't get me wrong. I believe in the Olympics. I actually like the Winter Olympics better than I like the summer ones. (Yes, you can read into that that I don't watch any of the Summer Olympics.) As an ex-ski racer, although certainly not of Olympics caliber, I like watching the freestyle skiing and skateboarding events. But...

The darn Olympics have turned my favorite shows into Rerun City or, in the case of the few NBC shows I watch, knock them off entirely. What I've watched this past week that was indeed new and I enjoyed: American Idol, Survivor, Late Show with David Letterman and Lost. I taped Bones and will be watching that tomorrow. But every other show I watch or wanted to watch was a repeat! Sheesh!

And, now it dawned on me that American Idol will go to three nights next week. Um. Tell me not Thursday at 8 PM, please! ARGH! Sure enough, the third night is against Survivor, darn it all to heck! Right now my plan is to keep blogging American Idol "live" - posting my entry when each show ends - on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, I will watch Survivor and post the east coast updates while taping American Idol. Immediately after Survivor ends and I post the boot, I'll look at my tape and post the American Idol boot. I plan to continue doing a recap/review of each Survivor episode. I don't think I'll do that with the Thursday night American Idol episode, but I'll probably give my opinion. That you can take to the bank. (Of course, the bank will laugh, but there ya go.)

Oh, well. Maybe it will snow again and I'll get to watch David Letterman play with snowballs once more.

No comments: