Sunday, February 12, 2006

Catching up on LOST Blogging... Feb. 8 Episode

Yay! Looking out the window here, I see about 20 inches of snow with drifts well over three feet high. I'm in for the day and have a chance to catch up on some of the blogging delayed by life earlier in the week.

Yes, I watched 'LOST' this past Wednesday. Of course I did. And, finally, here's my take on the episode named "The Long Con." Me? I'd call it "What the hell are you up to, Sawyer?"

We learned a bit more about Sawyer's con man background in flashback sequences throughout the show. This time his "mark" wants to be taught how to con. Sawyer falls for this one, but his old con buddy refuses to let him not con her.

Meanwhile, back on the island Locke and Jack are gathering all of the guns to lock them up fearing that if everyone started toting around guns, folks would be shooting each other by mistake. Talk, mainly instigated by Ana Lucia, of forming an army created tension in the camp. Locke tells Jack they ought to safeguard the medicines, as well... and then he tells Jack that Sawyer had some pills stashed in his camp. Jack goes for them and Sawyer confronts him. Hurley tries to get closer to Sayid who's been very somber since Shannon was killed. Hurley has a small radio which eventually picks up a signal and ballroom dancing music. Hmmm... don't know where that subplot is going.

Oh, no! Sun got attacked and apparently was the victim of a kidnap attempt by The Others. But was it the Others or one of their own? She managed to escape her captors, but Sawyer makes it known to some that he suspects Ana Lucia of setting it up (or doing it herself) to make the army a done deal.

And, EEK! Sawyer breaks into where the guns are stored and steals all of them! He decides he's in charge and anyone wanting a gun must ask him.

Well... I see no answers per se to previous mysteries. I have a few questions myself. In my old age (heh), is my memory going? Didn't Vincent the dog vanish some time back or am I just misremembering? Sun didn't seem surprised to see him just before she was attacked. Nor did the others, not to be confused with The Others, seem surprised. But I thought the dog had gone missing. Someone help me out with this, please. Is there a significance to the music chosen for the radio broadcast? We had some more number combinations in this episode, but there have been so many that I think many are just red herrings.

Overall? I enjoyed the episode despite no answers (once again). There was action and interaction between the characters enough to keep me entertained. You know I'll be watching next week. What did you think of this one?

No comments: