Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New 'Amazing Race 9' Cast: A Closer Look at Dani Torchio & Danielle Turner

On their official CBS 'Amazing Race' bio page, Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner are listed as the CHILDHOOD FRIENDS team. Woohoo, I'm overjoyed, aren't you? ;-)

They're both 22 years old and recent college graduates hailing from Staten Island, NY. Now, this is a purely personal thought and may not come true, but... I know Staten Island (a borough of NYC). Staten Island isn't really known for its action and adventure. It's a nice enough place to live, but will these girls have the grit and determination to complete the race? I tend to think not. Girls, prove me wrong. Go ahead and do it.

From that bio page:
They're described as "beauties." Perhaps that's the key for some folks watching the show, but not for me. I declare an eyeroll needed! @@
Danielle claims to be outgoing and talkative. May I eyeroll that, too?
Dani says she's fun-loving, wild and eager to get out of Staten Island. (She wins points for the last bit!)
Neither has traveled much. The bio mentions thick accents, a trait from Staten Island I know all too well. Be prepared for pretty women with thug-like accents. I warned ya. I live about ten miles from Staten Island. I should be rooting for them on a purely geographic basis. But I can't. Though, as I stated above, they can feel free to prove me wrong.

News article(s) I found out and about on the web about Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner (beware, some may archive or need registration):
New York Post Article - 'Racing Colors'

All of my blog entries regarding 'The Amazing Race' can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adding trust fund hotties to the amazing race line up is a great marketing gimik