Sunday, February 05, 2006

New 'Amazing Race 9' Cast: A Closer Look at Scott Braginton-Smith & John Lowe

It's time to take a closer look at new TAR racers John Lowe and Scott Braginton-Smith, dubbed by the producers as LIFELONG FRIENDS. They met in high school, so it's not quite lifelong. Scott's 41 years old and calls West Harwich, Mass., his hometown. Meanwhile, John is 38 and is from Dorchester, Mass.

According to their official CBS bio, John admits to be too controlling at times while Scott isn't controlling at all. Hmmm. John is single, currently living in Boston and they list his job as a wealth manager and artist. Okay. I want to be a wealth manager, too! Will wealthy folks send me money to see how well I manage it? Or mismanage it, most likely. Um... never mind. John has two Great Danes -- cool dogs! He's scared to fly, so he hasn't traveled extensively. He completed the 250 mile AIDS Bike Ride from Boston to NYC, so he may have some determination.

Then there's Scott. He's single and living in Cape Cod, Mass. He's in sales (which could be anything, I guess). From the bio: "He describes himself as a fun and gregarious person whose personal motto is "live, live, live." He claims that the most exciting moment in life has yet to happen." Well, it sounds like he has the spirit.

I want these two to be Chachas-like, but I don't think they will be. Long time TAR watchers know to whom I refer. Scott seems like he'd have a ChaChas personality, but I don't know about John.

Other than all the 'Amazing Race' stuff out on the web, I couldn't find out much about them. One Boston paper had a correction listed. When they made the cast announcements, they initially gave John's age as 8 years old.

Remember! All of my 'The Amazing Race' blog entries are neatly compiled for easy access here. All 'Survivor' related entries are linked here. Everything else is the wild, wild west.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love John Lowe!!!!!
Why did those 2 people who made reservations for the plane from a phone NOT get disqualified.... doesn't a contest have rules that need to be adhered to???? what's with that???!!!!

Jackie S. said...

U think the only penalty they received was that the phone reservation was no good. Since they couldn't get on that flight, the show did adhere to its rules. I kind of liked John - he was interesting at times. But I didn't like Scott feeling he had to hold his hand (figuratively) all the time. He's his friend, not his Mommy.