Wednesday, February 08, 2006

New 'Amazing Race 9' Cast: A Closer Look at Fran & Barry Lazarus

Well, these two are a bit older than the ones I've written about in my previous entries in this series. Barry, age 63, is a retired physician. His wife, Fran, is a retired accountant and 61 years old. They hail from Silverthorne, Colorado and CBS has dubbed them the MARRIED 40 YEARS couple.

It's onto their official TAR bio for more skinny on 'em!

They've known each other for 45 years and have two children. I'm thinking adult children, but you never know. They're both very well-traveled and both seem to share a sense of adventure. They've traveled to over 45 countries and feel that will give them an advantage in the race. Both are physically active and seem quite determined to show that an older couple can be great competition and may even be winners on The Amazing Race. Will they make their mark? I'm thinking it's a possibility if both are very competitive and physically fit. I know the odds are a bit against them, but I'd love to see them kick butt on the show!

I think I'll not think about the fact that Barry's specialty was urology. I'm trying to think how that might help him in the show. It's not pretty, folks. ;-)

Miss an 'Amazing Race' entry on this blog? All entries are linked here at 'Amazing Race 9' Blog Entries just for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Lazarus,
Was at work today and said to the OR staff that I thought it looked like you on The Amazing Race comercial. Tonight I saw it was you and called those I could get ahold of. We in Fargo are cheering for you and Fran. Congrats on making it to the next round.
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I was rooting for them as well. Both Fran and Barry are an inspiration to every age! I thought it was very endearing the way she helped Danielle Turner in the early episode when she was afraid to scale down the wall. She gave her an encouraging hug! Her fearless when she bungie jumped made me a fan! Sorry to see they were eliminated. What a classy couple of people!