Thursday, February 16, 2006

'Survivor: Panama - Exile Island' - Ep. 3 or... It's Twister Pillowball, Dude!


Hmmm, here we are with three episodes done and over with... and I think I'm still waiting for my 'Survivor' fever. This season still isn't grabbing me as I thought it would. When I first looked into the new castaways, I was hyped to the max, per se. And now I just feel let down. Sigh.

Tonight's episode was officially named "Crazy Nights, Snake Dinners" -- I'm renaming it to "It's Twister Pillowball, Dude."

Oh, well... let's get it on. Fourteen are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

The show opens with Casaya on Night 6. Bruce really started leading and while I personally thought he was a bit over the top and would alienate the others, he didn't. Except for Shane, that is. But do I care what Shane thinks? Nope. That Reverend Jim Gone Bad Lookin' Psycho Boy annoys the heck out of me. I think I'm not liking Boston these days due to that silly Boston tattoo over his left nipple. Most of the tribe seemed to genuinely appreciate Bruce's survival tips. I'm kind of surprised they didn't get sickened by his water filtering system, but... good for him.

Over at La Mina, all they're catching are poisonous pufferfish. Terry caught a small edible fish and became Hero For a Day.

The Rewards Challenge had four members of each tribe balancing on a beam over water trying to catch a ball catapulted in a sling-like doohickey by the remaining three tribe members in roatation. Yawn. Some of the catches were cool to watch, but it seemed a bit easy -- no one really had problems aiming. La Mina won. What did they win, you ask? A tarp, kerosene lamps and fuel for them, pillows, blankets. They also were allowed to choose which Casaya member would go to Exile Island. They chose Bruce as they think that he had brought spirit back into Casaya. Okay, I'll give them props for making a very strategic move. Poor Bruce.

Back at the camps: it looks like the early Casaya alliance is falling apart as Shane and Courtney bicker. Cirie observes the rift between the two and comments how it's foolish to have an alliance between people who hate each other. La Mina has its own oddness going on as Misty flirts and massages thinking it will make friends and influence votes. Sally wants to be pal to all. Austin thinks everyone trusts him. Okaaay...

The Immunity Challenge looks tailor-made for February sweeps -- sex sells, y'know. The tribes in rotation of teams such as three men, three women, one man and two women, etc., had to find a buried pillow and then get it to their goal line. Lots of body contact and I thought it looked like Twister Pillowball. Thus, my episode title "It's Twister Pillowball, Dude!"

Casaya won Immunity.

I think that could be because La Mina seems to have an other worldly being on their tribe. Just look at Dan! EEK! A ghost!

Dang, I thought I was a pale person.

He wins the Ghostly Blinding White Contest. But his tribe will face Tribal Council.

I got the impression as Tribal Council approached that Ruth Marie would be a strong target. I was wrong. Misty got booted with both her and Sally being the only ones to vote for Ruth Marie. All other votes were for Misty. Hmmm... the Tribal Council was rather uneventful compared to most.

And, so that was that. C'mon, Survivor... liven things up! I expected a lot of entertainment from this season and I don't see it getting delivered! How about readers out there? Am I alone in this? Like the Pale Person Amongst the Tanned?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can any one tell me when surviver will be on again. Every thing keeps replacing it. If you know when it will be on agian please post a messge i am dying to watch it!

Anonymous said...

i love suvivor!!!!!!