Thursday, October 05, 2006

'Survivor 13: Cook Islands' - Ep. 4 -or- "That's no nut, it's a crab!"


17 are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

Dang. There are still a lot of them there! I bet we'll see a double cast-off sometime soon.

The show opened to a pouting Ozzy on Aitu. "If you're going to vote me out, do it soon. Waah, waah. I don't want to keep catching food for you if you're just going to vote me out. Waah." Of course, the opening scenes to tonight's show are from just after Tribal Council on the last show. While we tend to think it's a week, it's only been a few hours for Ozzy. There. I did my best to defend his pouting. He's irking me, so I can't defend him any more for personal reasons.

It's Day 9 and a boat brought Candice back from her Exile Island jaunt. Immediately JessFlicka and Sundra were at her questioning why Raro chose her to go to Exile Island. In confessional, she said she tried to play dumb, but I doubt she'll ever be Thespian of the Year. "Oh, really? They tried to save me from Tribal Council, y'think? I didn't even think of that!"

The seeds of gender wars are brewing (I like to mix my metaphors) in Raro as the men laze about and the women are doing most of the work. The guys just don't see this. Well, they see it, but since they're all-powerful men and they're needed so darned much on the tribe, they have no fear. They form an alliance of testosterone or four, you figure which. They know the women will keep them.
Jeff Dimples Probst

Yeah, right.

The Reward Challenge this week was physical and mental. And, it looked like it hurt for some. Two tribe members were attached together by a rope while the others pushed and pulled them through an obstacle course. Then there was diving to retrieve a wheel, swimming, running, deciphering a phrase using the wheel to get the clues - enough to make your head spin. On Raro, Stephannie sat out as they have one more member.

The winners received three blankets, two pillows, and a hammock. They also got to choose a person from the losing tribe to send to Exile Island. Unlike last week, the Exile will return in time for Tribal Council and will not be safe. That is, if that tribe goes to Tribal Council. Aitu won and sent Adam off to the island.

After the challenge, Ozzy was fishing again despite his fussing. They're doing well with the fishing. Ozzy caught nine of the eleven fish caught by the men. In a confessional, he bragged about how they wouldn't vote him out because he catches all the food. Not so fast there, OzMan. Food seems like the least of the worries this season. You irk them like you irk me and, trust me, they don't need you to get them food. They can do it themselves. When you think you're the sole provider, you probably aren't going to make it to be the Sole Survivor.

Jonathan and JessFlicka
Over at the Raro campsite, they're bummed. And, not only that, JP is lazing about while expecting others to wait on him hand and foot. This really, really irks me. My two favorites the first show were JP and Ozzy, and neither is the man he appeared to be in the premiere. Ms. Flirt, otherwise known as Parvati, is even ticked off at him.

Parvati's main flirt-target is still Nathan, who's pretty loyal to JP. But she went to him with her complaints anyway. He hinted that JP's time will come and they should just let it happen. He also said he had her back. As they talked, he was trying to break open a nut with his hands. All of a sudden he yelled that the nut pinched him. "That's not nut, it's a crab! Ow!" In a confessional, he admitted to being interested in Parvati, but said he had to keep his mind on the game.

Cao Boi is wearing thin on me now. Sigh. He did the stupidest thing in the workd tonight. He was poking a stick at a large bird in a nest. They had been looking at boobies, but this seemed a lot larger. He knocked the nest to the ground in search of eggs. No eggs, but there's a baby bird that may have lost its life in the fiasco. Jonathan picked up the fallen nestling and had tears in his eyes. Cao Boi replaced the bird's nest and nestling back in the tree. The mother sat on the nest, but the nest wasn't left too secure and there's human scent on the baby bird. Stupid, stupid Cao Boi. He feeds bad and said sometimes the kid in him takes over. But, he's not a kid. That was incredibly stupid for him to do. I hope he stops and thinks from now on.

The Immunity Challenge had tribe members assembling a puzzle-stretcher, running across the island, one swimming out to rescue yet another tied to a mast, returning carrying the rescued member, starting a fire to burn a rope and raise the tribe's flag. A typical Survivor challenge, y'know. It came down to the fire and Cao Boi shined for Aitu. He danced, he smoked, and he got it going while Stephannie is the one who took the heat for a Raro loss.
Cao Boi makes fire

"Cao Boi's the Zen Firemaster, " said one of the guys. Stephannie felt horrible and blurted out that it was all her fault. Yikes, Steph! Hush! Everyone automatically assumed that what she said in the heat of the moment meant they should vote her out because she wants to go home. Say what? Nathan feels bad because she's his "Hiki-hood love," but he'll do what she wants.

Heh. But then Cristina and Jenny noticed JP laying about once again. Him! They had to get the women to vote out him instead of Stephannie. Steph admitted to them that she didn't want to go home. They know they can get Rebecca in on the plan, try for Parvati and were unsure of the results. They hit up Brad for their Womens Alliance. Will it work?

Sure enough, it will!

At the Tribal Council, Jeff read off seven votes, when it hit five for JP and two for Stephannie, JP was banished. Or, more precisely, bamboozled. Or, even blindsided. Whatever it was, he just stood there and said, "Damn. You guys outwitted me big time. That was pretty good.."

Hey, the logo reads "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast."

In the end, it was only JP and Nathan voting for Stephannie, all the other votes were for JP. Interesting, eh? I'm not sure how they got Adam. Nathan's facial expressions showed he didn't have a clue what was going on as Jeff read the votes.

Buh-bye, JP.

Outwit, Outplay, Outblog

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan is clueless then, too.

The funniest thing was when Nathan said something about he's got a "ball in his pocket". He mixed metaphors. He meant to say he's got the ball in his court -- in conjunction with some other metaphor like: he thinks he's got us in his hip pocket.

dumb, dumb, dumb. Hilarious at his expense. Talking about balls in a pocket with the flirt... hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Yeah,the look on JP's face was priceless! I don't know if all the editing was too far off,if his two "boys" voted him off so easily. and FINALLY,some smart,strong women!! Almost every season,there comes a time when the women can take control and they never have before.Will this come back to bite them...only time will tell,but I applaud them for not sitting back and letting the men tell them what to do. And now,they hold sway over the other men in their tribe,to be more of the decision(and hopefully,the work)making on their part of the beach. I still like the other tribe better and think CaoBoi better clean up his act or he will be the next one catching the boat home.

And yes,Candice was pretty transparent trying to field the ?'s about why she was sent to Exile Island. And did you see the faces of the other Hispanic members when they learned that Cecelia was gone? And Nathan was none too pleased when Stephannie made her declaration about being at fault.

Watched CSI afterwards and thought it was really good tonight. So I guess Sam did buy the farm last week.I choked up when the young Marine said he was happy,even in death, cause he got to hold his baby girl........that was soooo sad. And the chainsaw deaths...how bizarro were those! Then on to ER and who the heck is that blond Tony was rolling in the hay,is he married with a kid or just shacking up?? And HATE that Surgery resident and his treatment of Neela,he reminds me of David Evangilista(sp),the gay fashion guy on Style....but mean......LOL.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jackie, but I like Ozzy. He's a way better man then JP. And he hasn't done anything nearly as stupid as Coi Boi (or whatever his name is). I wanted to kick the idiot off the island myself after the bird incident.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Johnathan sounds just like Alan Alda! He could do his voice overs.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

I just looked it up and as I thought, birds do not reject their babies because they have human scent on them. From what I read, birds have a poor sense of smell. So, hopefully, the little booby baby is fine!!! I found that scene very upsetting. Jonathan endeared me to him with his reaction to the baby bird.

Jackie, I just discovered your blog through Big Brother. I love the way you write with such detail. If I miss a show, I know I can find out what happened through your blog. It's great!

Thank you!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie for the updates! I was out last night and missed the entire show. Now that I read your update I feel like I didn't miss a thing!
Lesa

Anonymous said...

Jackie, missing your @@'s.
Cai Boi...ok eggs, you gather not knock to ground....Jonathan's worth went up in my eyes with how caring he was over the little one! Bird's use their ears to locate food, so not sure about sense of smell...watch a robin locate things under ground, their heads tilt. Ozzy...seems he is patterning himself after R Hatch (except for the nudity). He has great spearing and swimming abilities (basically won both challenges with his talent). Now if he can keep his mouth shut. Cheers to the women for taking that risk and getting JP gone. Now they rule the roost and lets hope the men realise it and get off their duffs.
Forget who said Mary's voice drove them crazy on AR, but like Jonathan (Alan Alda), she sounds like Dolly Parton.

Anonymous said...

Man I just love it when someone who assumes they have a lock on the game because they're big and strong, gets sideswiped back into reality with the extinction of their torch. Buh-bye JP. You aren't as valuable as you assumed.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,

Been reading your blogs for over a year now. Just felt I had to respond. Worked many years with wildlife, and most birds will stay with the baby. They do not have a good sense of smell. When people would call in asking about baby birds that have fallen out of the nest, we would always tell them to put it back in the nest. Also, if the nest falls, to try and put the nest back as best as possible. I think Cao Bai was contrite. We all make mistakes. Also, felt Ozzy redeemed himself this week. I think he was a major factor in both wins.

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES...JP being "backdoored"! Another priceless Survivor 13: Cook Island moment! Mondo dismo!

I have to say, Ozzy did very well in the immunity challenge, he busted his hump and pulled the Aitu tribe back into the lead with his gazelle run through the water!

This is a great season so far!!! Just wish it was on three times a week like BB is! By Monday I suffer with Survivor withdrawals!

H♥lly

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud there...
Outwit, Outplay, Outblog
:)

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with survivor but on csi did they actually say sam died i never heard it and katherine did not seem too upset at all could someone please tell me thanks for the blog love all your blogs jackie i read them all even if i dont watch some of the shows thanks again karen

Anonymous said...

ANON 1120a, no they did not say Sam was dead...all I heard them tell Catherine was that they were sorry! About what the situation, him being shot, or that he had died. I really expected that Catherine would be at his bedside as the show ended...who knows...but we wait and SEE

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie -
I was so disgusting by last nights show that I contacted CBC with the following:
I am absolutely sickened by what I just saw on Survivor. That stupid man just hit a mother bird with a stick and dropped its nest with baby birds to the ground. What kind of senseless moron would do something like that and what kind of moronic fools do you have editing this show that would show that on television. My daughter was crying when she saw the careless lack of respect that man showed. I am sickened and repulsed. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I hope someone gets fired for airing that.
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Awww, come on Maureen NM, tell us all how you really feel. :-))

Anonymous said...

I'm glad JP got the boot. I didn't like him much. He seemed smug to me.

I think the women were very smart to dump him. The guys in that tribe (and Ms. McFlirty) thought they would sail through the challenges because they had 4 big strong men. I didn't see them winning anything last night! Did anyone else? So much for the big strong men kicking butt...