Wednesday, January 17, 2007

'The Amazing Race 11: All Stars' - The Teams, Part 2

As we've been anticipating, the next season of The Amazing Race is indeed an All Star version. CBS revealed the teams yesterday, so you know I have to get in my two cents on them today. And, but of course, I welcome your two cents, too. For the skinny on the first six teams I wrote about, head to this article.

Here are the rest of the teams, again in no particular order:

Joe and BillOften a team I loved to hate during Season 1, I'm happy to see that Team Guido, Joe and Bill, are included this season. These guys are cut-throat, albeit very entertaining to watch. Even though they only made a third place finish in their season, the other teams shouldn't take these two lightly. They're the ones who started the matching team outfits. Mary (TAR10) may have had a very different first impression of gay men had she met Team Guido instead of Tom and Terry in her season. Ruthless competitors, but true TAR history, welcome back Joe and Bill! View Joe & Bill on innertube now

Eric and DanielleEric and Danielle come to us from Season 9 in which they were competitors, not a team at all. Eric was teamed up with his buddy Jeremy and they made it to second place. Meanwhile, Danielle was with her best friend Dani and only made it to a seventh place finish. Oh, but they're dating now and coming together as a team for All Stars. I'm a bit ambivalent about the idea of them as a team, but I think they might be fairly competitive. As long as they don't bicker and fuss at each other, I can take 'em on the show... I guess. View Eric & Danielle on innertube now

Dustin and KandiceOh, no! It's the return of the "Evil Beauty Queens" from Season 10... which we just finished watching a month ago. To their credit, I admit that they're a very strong all-female team and I was surprised they only finished in fourth place in their own season. It still bugs me that they saddled the ChoBros with their wrecked car instead of taking their chances with the damage they created. That was a very low move, I say. That aside, it will be interesting to see how these two fare when the show most likely won't get into alliances. View Dustin & Kandice on innertube now

David and MaryYet another Season 10 team, David and Mary touched the hearts of many viewers. With a little bit of help from their friends (and a lot of help from the ChoBros), they made it to a sixth place finish. While I find their worldly innocence and their willingness to thrive on new experiences very refreshing, they're not a strong team. Hopefully they have their determination set to succeed because it would be a blast (and shock) if they were to win at All Stars. I don't think we'll see that happen, but it's nice to think that it possibly could. Wait... they're up against Romber and the Guidos. Make the win a fleeting thought. View David & Mary on innertube now

Charla and MirnaLast, but only least if we're talking height (Charla), it's Charla and Mirna from Season 5 where they had a sixth place finish. This team caused a lot of controversy similar to the Peter/Sarah relationship in Season 10. Mirna fared poorly with many viewers as she seemed to use Charla's height for her own benefit. If memory serves, she also gushed at show host Phil Keoghan to the point of creeping me out. (I don't know if Phil felt the same way, but maybe...!) I actually enjoyed Charla and think she really did very well when she faced obstacles due to her stature. Mirna, I'm not so thrilled about seeing again. View Charla & Mirna on innertube now

So, there are the teams we'll be cheering on or booing a month from now. Did your team make the cut? Any teams you'd rather see? Any guesses who might win it all? My own thoughts are a bit tainted as I saw a spoilers site where they were tracking the teams. I'll post that link in a Newsy Bits once I find what I did with it. Of course, sites had Christy and Colin in the race and they're not there. So, take any spoilers you see with a grain of salt.

5 comments:

Brent McKee said...

Couple of things:

1. Yes I would have loved to have seen The Clowns again. More to the point I would have loved to have seen any teams from seasons 4 and 6 - even Millie the Virgin Mole.

2. I'm not overly pleased with seeing any teams from season 10 simply because it's too soon. I love Mary & Dave and liked the Beauty Queens more than a lot of people I know but I'd rather see teams from the two missed seasons than them.

3. Danielle is dating Eric? What is that girl thinking!?

4. Over all I'd have liked to have seen more 1st and 2nd place teams - only 1 first place team and 2 1/2 second place teams in it. The Amazing Race is more objective than other "reality-competition" shows and that should have played a part in picking teams for "All Stars."

5. Okay, I'd have liked to have seen Al & Jon, Lori & Bolo, Gretchen & Meredith, Blake & Paige, Gus & Hera, and Linda & Karen.

Anonymous said...

Oh,I am NOT fine with Mirna being back on All Stars. I had my fill of her in their season and felt she took advantage of Charla in sooo many ways. And,Jackie,I sooooo know what you mean about her "overtures" to Phil,can we say"stalkerish"??I would have loved to see Charla back with a different partner.

I think Mary/David will do better out of the chute this time,but think they may not fare well without their "support system" in place. They just are NOT ruthless people,and will be no match for Rob or the Guidos.But hope they make the most out of this second go round. The other two teams don't excite me one way or the other,but I am almost positive the Guidos will be back to their old tricks from the get go.I could have lived without the BQ's for the rest of my life too.

Sorry the Clowns are not back,as well as BJ/Tyler.

Anonymous said...

Hi J- You have been avery busy bee. Do you take vitamins for such motivation and dedication? If so, I want to take them too!

I'm of course glad to see Mary and David back, adn I know I will not enjoy seeing them leave early, so I hope they make it through several shows. While ROmber can be cutthroat, I do enjoy watching them as well as the 2 blondes from Season 10 because they are good as a team and do well at the game. But I will miss the Cho's-- I figure they just didn't want to turn around and do it all over again, one trip around the world for the fun and experience is what they said they were doing it for and they got that... but did you find anything in your research as to why they are not on? Thanks!

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - I don't know why the Chos aren't on, but for me three teams from a season which recently ended would be too much. It would be like the overwhelming bunch on Big Brother All Stars.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.