Tuesday, January 30, 2007

'Heroes' - "The Fix" - A BulletPoint Report

Heroes - NBCWhen I watch Heroes, I feel the same sort of excitement I held as I watched the first season of Lost. Perhaps a bit more as I enjoy the graphics novels (read that as comic books) medium.

I have several friends in that industry and have dabbled in it a bit myself, albeit not quite the superhero genre. Comic books or graphic novels are a bit like soap operas. I have somewhat of a short attention span when it comes to continuity for long-lived characters. But, with an hourly television drama, I can indeed keep with it. (Just don't ask me about the Fortress of Solitude or pre-crisis or stuff like that.) "Can we ever change what we really are?"

Here's the BulletPoint Report on the latest Heroes episode, "The Fix," to get things up to snuff. These aren't necessarily in the order of appearance on the show, some are by storyline.

  • We found out that the new hero, The Invisible Man, has encountered others like Peter, who can see him.
  • In the Matt Parkman (cop who can read minds) storyline, he told his wife about his power, got suspended from work, and found out his wife's pregnant.
  • Sylar's in bad shape hidden at the Odessa location (Primatech Paper). HRG (Mr. Bennet) instructed his henchman to keep him alive as per his boss.
  • Zach is working with Claire once again. She's tired of lying to everyone (but him).
  • She sought help from The Haitian and got a clue that her mother, MeredithThe Haitian and Claire Gordon, died in a fire 14 years ago in Kermit, Texas. He knew nothing about her real father.
  • They lied to her father, HRG, and told them they were school science partners on a manatee project. A side note: she used wind chimes to signal The Haitian. He told her this would be their last meeting.
  • Hiro seems to have lost his powers. He feels he must have the real sword to get them back. Ando and Hiro went on a mission to deliver an Isaac painting to the mysterious Mr. Linderman. They were pursued by really bad guys in a van.
  • Mohinder and Nathan Petrelli agreed to work together to find Peter -- it was a reluctant agreement on Nathan's part. Despite the fact that the InvisibleThe Invisible Man Man told Peter that he'd never see him again, he showed and hid Peter from Nathan and Mohinder Suresh.
  • Ando got himself kidnapped by the Really Bad Guys and Hiro wouldn't desert him. He tried to take Ando's place, but ended up kidnapped with Ando.
  • Niki was visited by a shrink in her padded cell. The shrink wants to explore the MPD factor (probably for her own means as well as Niki's). Niki refused to bring Jessica out to play. The shrink used the threat that she'll never see Micah again. (I don't like the shrink.)
  • D.L. phased himself into Niki's cell trying to figure a way to phase both of them out. Niki refused to go.
  • D.L. can't find a job, can't get money. He let Micah down as Micah knew hisMicah Mom had done whatever she had to do to support him. Micah took matters in his own hands and used his power to make a substantial withdrawal from an ATM. (Now if I tried that, it would probably come out of my own account! Overdraft fees, ack!)
  • In a heart-tugging moment, D.L. and Micah talked and Micah promised he'd try harder. Then he dumped the money out for his father. "You know how you and Mom both have a secret? "I have a secret, too."
  • HRG got a call that Sylar died. "Package him up." He wasn't happy. But, did Sylar really die? Heh.
  • The kidnapped Ando and Hiro were told by the Really Bad Guys that they were the wrong ones for the mission, then offered first class tickets back to Tokyo. "You cannot bribe a hero. My spirit is unbreakable," replied Hiro. So, the Really Bad Guys brought Hiro and Ando to their boss. Uh-oh. It's Hiro's father, played by George Takei. It was the briefest of glimpses and that was the end of that storyline for the episode.
  • Claire called all of the folks named Gordon in Kermit. She struck pay dirt. Her mother didn't die. However, her mother told her that she thought Claire had died.
  • Sylar Lives
  • But, remember Sylar? Oh, he's not dead, either. He killed the lab dude, then confronted HRG when he came for "the package." You could see the shunt in the back of his head. "How's Claire?," he asked Mr. Bennet.
There you go. Those were the happenings. In the teaser for next week, Claire's real mother is on the phone to her real father telling him "our daughter found us." Of course, that leads me to the thought that Claire's real father might be Linderman? Hmmm...
Uh-oh
I'm so loving this show! I got another note from Primatech Paper, giving me a password to look into the Mr. Bennet's files sort of how Zach and Claire were doing. The easily-revealed file was about an upcoming hero - a woman who can intercept transmissions and rado waves.

I noticed there were four files there, but the password given me would only open one. However, there were highlighted numbers/letters in her file. I put them together into a password and found it went to the last file of the four -- Sylar's file. In his file, nothing was highlighted, so I can't get into the middle two files. The site even (mock) yelled at me threatening me with legal action if I kept trying to hack their files. Uh-oh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the psychiatrist really thinks it's MPD, I think she's doing fine. The Jessica personality is really bad, they can't subject a kid to a mother in that condition, and reintegration isn't possible until the Jessica personality comes out.

Of course, seeing how these things have gone, the psychiatrist probably works for someone and knows who Jessica is and has a plan to control the power.

Justene

Jackie S. said...

Justene- I think the shrink either works for "them" or she is more excited about the challenge of an actual MPD for her reputation than she is about Niki. I didn't like the threat aspect in the matter.

Oh... one thing I meant to mention in the entry -- why do shows think NYC has a blue tint? Why? Why? CSI: NY did that when they started out. Grr.

Sydney said...

This was great to read Jackie -- so much went on, and somehow my Tivo didn't record it. I wonder what the mother and Claire said... was there more?Did the mom sound happy to hear from her or not so happy? Did Claire talk about her adopted folks?

Anyway, it was the first time I'd really missed an ep and my fiancee was looking so downcast all week -- then I thought WAIT -- Jackie will have covered it! And I forwarded him your link. Happy Jackie fans are we.

Sydney said...

They think it looks edgier, grittier. Gotham.

I think they use a blue/greenish or coppery tint on Rescue Me as well.

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - very little was said on the phone. The mother honestly thought she was dead, it seems. I have last night's show report up -- they talked more and seem to like each other.